Spider-Man Far From Home Discussion Thread

legend

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Sony would be kind of dumb not to keep this going. 

I mostly agree with you, but I imagine it depends greatly on the deal they have with Disney.

Far From Home will end up grossing maybe $200M more than Venom, which was terrible and didn't have the advantage of being in the MCU, and Far From Home cost $60M more to make. I have no clue what kind of profit share deal they have, if any, but it's not that hard to imagine Sony looking at that and thinking "it can't be that hard to make another live action Spider-man movie." Then again, with Venom making money, Spider-Verse likely kicking off a franchise of its own (though to relatively poor world wide numbers), and an MCU live action Spider-man, it does seem like Sony is currently getting all they can from this license.

7 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I mostly agree with you, but I imagine it depends greatly on the deal they have with Disney.

Far From Home will end up grossing maybe $200M more than Venom, which was terrible and didn't have the advantage of being in the MCU, and Far From Home cost $60M more to make. I have no clue what kind of profit share deal they have, if any, but it's not that hard to imagine Sony looking at that and thinking "it can't be that hard to make another live action Spider-man movie." Then again, with Venom making money, Spider-Verse likely kicking off a franchise of its own (though to relatively poor world wide numbers), and an MCU live action Spider-man, it does seem like Sony is currently getting all they can from this license.

Does Venom make as much money without the popularity of the MCU movies? I think a lot of people thought it was part of the MCU and would feature an appearance from Tom Holland's Spiderman. Pulling Spidey from the MCU would be a mistake i think for Sony... there's no reason for them to do so because with Venom and Spiderverse, they have two potential franchises going forward. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Does Venom make as much money without the popularity of the MCU movies? I think a lot of people thought it was part of the MCU and would feature an appearance from Tom Holland's Spiderman. Pulling Spidey from the MCU would be a mistake i think for Sony... there's no reason for them to do so because with Venom and Spiderverse, they have two potential franchises going forward. 

The popularity of the MCU movies might have played some part, but it was hardly the reason for the insane box office take. I'm still stunned by how much it made. It was a fun movie, despite how insanely flawed it was. 

10 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

This is the same company that had all of their files hacked in 2014 because the password for their encrypted files was "password".

Hey, without that hack we wouldn't have gotten Spidey in the MCU. :daydream:

Sony is so incompetent it took my sales rep there over a year to get his Sony email account back after the hack.

Don't put a single thing past them.

5 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Sony is so incompetent it took my sales rep there over a year to get his Sony email account back after the hack.

Don't put a single thing past them.

I bet his password was upgraded from “password” to “Password1”. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2019 at 2:12 PM, Spork3245 said:

This is the same company that had all of their files hacked in 2014 because the password for their encrypted files was "password".

On 7/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, Jason said:

Hey, without that hack we wouldn't have gotten Spidey in the MCU. :daydream:

Sony is about as incompetent as Happy Hogan. :| 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...