Spider-Man Far From Home Discussion Thread

legend

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

-the MJ thing looks like another fake out.

-what if those other suits arent costumes alternate costumes

I think it would be a little weird to introduce the Spiderverse into the MCU 6 months after the great Spiderverse animated flick.  However from that ad it certainly looks like a possibility.

3 minutes ago, elbobo said:

wow they are going multiverse immediately after Endgame, interesting. I'm guessing this is how they are going to bring in the X-men and FF eventually. 

perhaps, though I am also not thrilled with the idea of making Mysterio a good guy, of course that could just be a major fake. of course the multiverse could give them an easy way to bring back Tony or Cap if either of them ever wanted back in. 

26 minutes ago, number305 said:

The more I think about this... I think the whole thing is a fake by Mysterio.  I mean that is kind of his thing.  I doubt he is from some parallel universe.  He is playing some long con.  

That's exactly what I came in here say. I'm willing to bet the entire thing is a Mysterio-made con. Mysterio may see the death of Tony as a chance to come in as the "new Iron Man" and take the fame that comes with it. I think after the first trailer came out, I said I'd bet the monsters are his own creation. I bet that's still the case. His multiverse explanation could just be his cover for how these huge monsters keep popping up, seemingly, out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

perhaps, though I am also not thrilled with the idea of making Mysterio a good guy, of course that could just be a major fake. of course the multiverse could give them an easy way to bring back Tony or Cap if either of them ever wanted back in. 

I doubt they are going to ever bring back Tony just due to the fact that RDJ costs too damn much at this point, he would probably cross into 9 figures if it was another starring role. 

34 minutes ago, elbobo said:

I doubt they are going to ever bring back Tony just due to the fact that RDJ costs too damn much at this point, he would probably cross into 9 figures if it was another starring role. 

Except that bringing him back would increase gross revenue by nine figures as well. Having said that, Tony is dead. BUT, I could see them doing a Secret Invasion-style story where they think he is back (from a multiverse or something) but it turns out he's a Skrull. In fact, I kind of hope that is the plot of the next big Avengers movie. Have Tony and Cap come back, but have it be revealed at the end of the movie that they are evil Skrulls when they kill off another character. That's the kind of twist that gets people talking.

23 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I'm guessing that Mysterio is a complete fake out. He's the baddie, there's no multiverse, or if there is, he's not actually from it.

With this level of tie in, does this get a big bump at the box office from Endgame?

Absolutely. Plus, Spider-Man is the most popular superhero in the world.

1 hour ago, elbobo said:

I doubt they would either, but you never know. RDJ might decide he wants an extra 20 mill and agrees to a 10 minute cameo ala Homecoming. 

2 minutes ago, Kleon333 said:

I wonder if Peter and all his friends (since it appears they were all dusted) can claim they are 21-22 years old and drink in America (and everywhere else) now.

I was actually thinking about how the world would address issues like that. Get a new ID that says you were dusted for five years, and therefore not really as old as you're supposed to be? Lol

14 hours ago, IdeaOfEvil said:

I'm interested because it has fallout elements from Endgame. But this movie has nothing else going for itself? Spider-man can't have his own contained story?

Not an opening night movie for me, that's for sure...

It seems like this is as "contained" as any solo film in the MCU, at least from what we've seen. The only non-Spider-man character we see in the trailers is Fury.