Spider-Man Far From Home Discussion Thread

legend

Official Teaser: 

Spoiler

Peter Parker returns in Spider-Man: Far From Home, the next chapter of the Spider-Man: Homecoming series! Our friendly neighborhood Super Hero decides to join his best friends Ned, MJ, and the rest of the gang on a European vacation. However, Peter’s plan to leave super heroics behind for a few weeks are quickly scrapped when he begrudgingly agrees to help Nick Fury uncover the mystery of several elemental creature attacks, creating havoc across the continent!

International Teaser:

Well, it certainly seems like anyone who was worried about what Infinity War/Endgame would mean for the Spider-man marketing was overthinking it. This trailer makes it seem like IW hasn't happened yet. Who knows if that's the case or not, but it certainly seems like the most straightforward approach.

I was starting to think about how Endgame coming out 10 weeks prior to Far From Home would affect the box office, but then I figured out that the gap is exactly equal to the 70 days between Black Panther and Infinity War, and both of those seemed to do ok.

The trailer itself looks good. I don't really know anything about Mysterio, but I really enjoyed Homecoming and this trailer has a lot of that same feel.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Fun trailer.  Kinda spoilery.

Hide contents

2 villains confirmed!

Who’s the other villain? It looks like Mysterio is making these elemental things appear to pretend to be a hero...?

Also, I don’t think you need to spoiler tag things from the trailer in a thread about the trailer. If someone comes in here and reads all the posts without watching the trailer then that’s on them :p 

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Who’s the other villain? It looks like Mysterio is making these elemental things appear to pretend to be a hero...?

Also, I don’t think you need to spoiler tag things from the trailer in a thread about the trailer. If someone comes in here and reads all the posts without watching the trailer then that’s on them :p 

Maybe I had a different take.  I saw the trailer and immediately thought, "Mysterio and Absorbing Man!" 

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Aborbing Man was already part of the MCU on Agents of SHIELD iirc? :confused:

Was he?  I haven't seen Agents of SHIELD since like halfway through the Ghostrider season.  They had a horrible pacing problem and I got bored.

Would be nice if it took place immediately after Homecoming ended. As funny as the ending to that movie was, reflecting on it it was a bit of a mistake to have such a huge moment like Aunt May finding out Peter is Spider-Man and play it for a laugh. 

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

How do you figure?

We got a trailer featuring two characters who died last time they were on screen. If Infinity War hadn't come out and we got this trailer, there is nothing that would surprise anyone, no outfits, jokes, etc. I'm not saying it takes place before IW, just that there's no hint of it.

In the Iron Man 3 trailer, they reference the Avengers. In the Homecoming trailer they reference Civil War. Given that Endgames comes out before this, it makes sense that they can't make any kind of reference as to how that resolves. 

40 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

We got a trailer featuring two characters who died last time they were on screen. If Infinity War hadn't come out and we got this trailer, there is nothing that would surprise anyone, no outfits, jokes, etc. I'm not saying it takes place before IW, just that there's no hint of it.

In the Iron Man 3 trailer, they reference the Avengers. In the Homecoming trailer they reference Civil War. Given that Endgames comes out before this, it makes sense that they can't make any kind of reference as to how that resolves. 

I guess... I just figured that it coming out after Endgame and a bunch of people being alive without any references to it happening earlier makes it obvious that the snap gets undone. 

My guess is it takes place before whatever dates IW/Endgame cover, but in the new timeline created during the events of Endgame involving time travel shenanigans.

6 hours ago, sblfilms said:

My guess is it takes place before whatever dates IW/Endgame cover, but in the new timeline created during the events of Endgame involving time travel shenanigans.

That was my same thought as the trailer finished.

Looks good. I'm in.......of course.

This ruins absolutely nothing about endgame. Right after infinity war some people were like “well they snapped all the people who are most likely coming back and Spider-Man already has another movie coming!” This shows nothing about what could have happened in Endgame. We already knew Spider-Man was coming back in some way. 

20 hours ago, sblfilms said:

That's a good guess. For all we know when everyone disappears in IW, they end up in alternate universes and that's what we are looking at (and could also add to the significance of the title). Most likely though it's something along the lines that you said. This probably takes place 'after' Endgame, but in order to undo what happens, it involves rolling back the timelines of the universe, or even moving to another universe. The process will kill off many of our early phase heroes. 

I'm loving the fishbowl and look of Mysterio. 

9 hours ago, johnny said:

This ruins absolutely nothing about endgame. Right after infinity war some people were like “well they snapped all the people who are most likely coming back and Spider-Man already has another movie coming!” This shows nothing about what could have happened in Endgame. We already knew Spider-Man was coming back in some way. 

It's a spoiler for dumb people.

• Thanks 1