Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SaysWho?

General Gaming I'm getting sick of all the good fucking games developers make >:(

Recommended Posts

So I'm playing Days Gone right now and I'm like, "Wow, for a game that was built by 50 people for much of its development, this is really fun and the game is really damned involving considering the size of the team," and I think reviews underrated it, right? And now I'm hooked to the game and it's eating at my time. :angry: 

 

Then before this, I was playing Dead Cells, and I'm not a huge roguelite person, but I liked the look of the game and thought the gameplay looked fun. So I bought a physical version of it through Best Buy and fucking shit, the game had me HOOKED. At first, it was like a normal roguelite, but the game gives a great sense of progression with its permanent upgrades you can bank at the end of each stage. I have to believe other roguelites/likes, even ones I've played, have done this? But this just worked for me in a way the others didn't. I enjoyed Binding of Isaac and Rogue Legacy, for whatever reason I couldn't get into Spelunky at the time (but I may try it again since I still have it via PS+), but Dead Cells was a game that I defeated, realized there are extra levels/bosses and the true ending that you have to work at getting, and I fully plan on returning to it and sinking the hours into the game. Fucking great game, lots of content despite being made by a small indie team, and it's like fuck, my hours are gone. :frustrated: 

 

Before this, I played Yakuza Kiwami via PS+ and had a lot of fun, but Yakuza 0 was fucking awesome. I clocked 99 freaking hours into that damn thing, I'm sure 30 of which were on the Cabaret Club mini-game, and it's like FUCK, now I gotta play Yakuza Kiwami 2. :angry: 

 

Resident Evil 2 was a great game, a fantastic re-imagining of the original, Mr. X scared the shit out of me (THUMP THUMP THUMP) and fuck, I'll replay it just to replay it, fuck getting a plat, but that's more hours to spend playing. :angry: 

 

Astro Bot: Rescue Mission had a lowkey announcement but FUCK it's a fun fucking platformer and a great use of VR. I'm looking around up and down for secrets, Astro Bot is waving at me as he passes by, the stranded bots are so cute and sometimes they do funny shit while waiting to be rescued, SHIT. :angry: 

 

Fuck, I even really enjoyed Detroit: Become Human when I played it and liked the flow charts at the end of each chapter. :angry: 

 

If that's not bad enough, Shadow of the Colossus was a lovely remake of a classic game. :angry:

 

God of War was a masterpiece in level design, gameplay and story. :angry: 

 

Some people here were down on RDR2, but I was gripped by it from beginning to end and holy shit, that one scene with the LYING and you know what that is if you played it but it's not a spoiler if you haven't, FUCK that was great. :angry: 

 

I was playing Sonic Mania and Mario Kart Switch with my nephews two months ago and FUCK, we were having fun getting chaos emeralds and racing around, and we played the Mario Kart on their 3DS and in one of them, you're jailing your opponents, or maybe it's both, and I was like fuck this is fun. :angry: 

 

In fact, fuck Miyamoto for 1-1 in the first Mario and doing a great job establishing the enemies and blocks in that first safe space in the game which then allowed you to get used to the games and controls and what the game is before proceeding to die before defeating the game and having to wait until you were in middle school to finally finish it and also for creating a game which had lasting impacts in the industry. :angry: 

 

FUCK :angry: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear you. I honestly miss having fewer releases because it made me put more time into the few games I did buy. 

 

But I'm doing better about enforcing that in myself deliberately and convincing myself that I don’t have to play every good game that release. You just physically can’t, even if you have a lot of free time, which I currently do not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so want to hate on RDR2 again, but I will not!

 

There has been an excessive amount of killer games that past few years at least for me, most definitely. Always something really big to look forward to this console cycle. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bloodporne said:

I so want to hate on RDR2 again, but I will not!

 

There has been an excessive amount of killer games that past few years at least for me, most definitely. Always something really big to look forward to this console cycle. 

 

 

 

I've been overwhelmingly suffocated by them since 2015 this gen. 2014 was kind of slow though some really good indies released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're wrong, games fucking SUCK. I have to use Epic Game Store which sucks and frame pacing sucks and everything SUCKS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is kinda pissing me off that my general depression/apathy makes it hard for me to enjoy most games these days. So I wouldn't mind if good ones stopped coming out for a while, so I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I won the lotto today, but just used it to retire and never bought another game, I bet my backlog could keep me occupied for a decade if I wanted to "complete" every game I have. And that's the problem, when I play a game, unless it's just shit I want to do everything if possible. Though I did give up on RDR2, because fuck that janky ass game. Spoilers, but we already know everyone but John Marston dies anyway. 

 

Games Pass isn't helping either. Between all the games I own and that, I could literally play games like a job and have it last years before needing to get to a new game.

 

What really makes it worse is going back to games I've already played. Playing FFX again because it came out on Xbox and I swear this time I'm going to beat all the dark aeons (I couldn't get the 0.0 needed on chocobo racing on PS4 to get Tidus ultimate weapon so I gave up). Playing through Borderlands 1 and 2 to "get ready" for 3 coming out.

 

And god forbid I see a Dark Souls build video on Youtube later, I'll start a new build on that probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

It is kinda pissing me off that my general depression/apathy makes it hard for me to enjoy most games these days. So I wouldn't mind if good ones stopped coming out for a while, so I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out much. 

 

We need to play Rocket League with Kevin and Jeff so we can talk and have a crazy time. :) 

 

3 minutes ago, Dodger said:

If I won the lotto today, but just used it to retire and never bought another game, I bet my backlog could keep me occupied for a decade if I wanted to "complete" every game I have. And that's the problem, when I play a game, unless it's just shit I want to do everything if possible. Though I did give up on RDR2, because fuck that janky ass game. Spoilers, but we already know everyone but John Marston dies anyway. 

 

Games Pass isn't helping either. Between all the games I own and that, I could literally play games like a job and have it last years before needing to get to a new game.

 

What really makes it worse is going back to games I've already played. Playing FFX again because it came out on Xbox and I swear this time I'm going to beat all the dark aeons (I couldn't get the 0.0 needed on chocobo racing on PS4 to get Tidus ultimate weapon so I gave up). Playing through Borderlands 1 and 2 to "get ready" for 3 coming out.

 

And god forbid I see a Dark Souls build video on Youtube later, I'll start a new build on that probably. 

 

I fought all the Dark Aeons/Penance, and it was weird because I knew they existed since 02, but at that point there was no Youtube and search engines sucked, so I didn't know what the hell the battles were like or what they looked like.

 

You're gonna want Tidus' ultimate weapon because him, Wakka and Rikku are essential, especially the latter aeons and Penance. I think I remember a few tips for Chocobo Racing because that thing required an enormous amount of luck but some tips to limit the amount of times you had to do it.

 

I enjoy watching this guy fail at it because he complains about all hard games. This one his gripes are legitimate because the mini-game sucks, but watching him raise from the time I stamped to 8:00 makes me laugh until I choke to this day.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris- said:

You're wrong, games fucking SUCK. I have to use Epic Game Store which sucks and frame pacing sucks and everything SUCKS.

 

This. Video games are dog shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stepee said:

 

This. Video games are dog shit.

 

And why are women suddenly protagonists? Unless they have big tits women protagonists SUCK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could go the rest of the year without buying another game, and I would be OK with what I have.  There are more good game than I have time to play them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so love The Division 2 right now and although I am not gaming as much as I used to, I am playing more than I have in the last few years.

 

These guys put their hearts into The Division...it was wonky, they didn't give up and fixed it to be the game that people loved...and then worked their asses off for TD2.  

 

I just plain know I am not going to be a contributor to the gaming market like I was before and that there are just plain going to be great games I never play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bloodporne said:

I really, really, really want Hotline Miami 3 though...

 

 

There are a lot of good similar games like Katana Zero and Ape Out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

It is kinda pissing me off that my general depression/apathy makes it hard for me to enjoy most games these days. So I wouldn't mind if good ones stopped coming out for a while, so I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out much. 

 

Get help dude. I got help last year and it was the best thing I have ever done. I was depressed from my divorce, ex-gf using me, and a bunch of stuff. My MD recommended xanax and I noticed it helped alot. Eventually found a good therapist, went on disability for like 6 months, did therapy, and got a prescription for an anti-depressant. (Pristiq) my life has improved immeasurably compared to before. I was dealing eith depression most of my life got better after HS but my divorce in 2012 and everything that jappened after that got me. 

 

This is too long to type on a mobile but I feel better still have problemd of course. I am even more of a loner then before but overall I feel better, can focus more, enjoy my existance more, am doing better at work, etc. In regards to gaming the antidepressant makes it alot better. Its why I am so addicted to games now. Before unless it was a deep engrossing RPG or strategy game I couldnt truly focus on it. Now I can focus on pretty much any game that I enjoy and not think about my anxiety and such. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

There are a lot of good similar games like Katana Zero and Ape Out

I thought about Katana Zero but some of the negative reactions I've read are things that would really piss me off so I don't know. When it's on flash sale some time I'll definitely give it a shot. 

 

Hotline Miami is one of my favorite new franchises hands down so I'm always bummed that they dropped it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaysWho? said:

 

We need to play Rocket League with Kevin and Jeff so we can talk and have a crazy time. :) 

 

 

I fought all the Dark Aeons/Penance, and it was weird because I knew they existed since 02, but at that point there was no Youtube and search engines sucked, so I didn't know what the hell the battles were like or what they looked like.

 

You're gonna want Tidus' ultimate weapon because him, Wakka and Rikku are essential, especially the latter aeons and Penance. I think I remember a few tips for Chocobo Racing because that thing required an enormous amount of luck but some tips to limit the amount of times you had to do it.

 

I enjoy watching this guy fail at it because he complains about all hard games. This one his gripes are legitimate because the mini-game sucks, but watching him raise from the time I stamped to 8:00 makes me laugh until I choke to this day.

 

 

 

 

I'll just Zanmoto them like a bitch this time if I have to. I don't know if I have the desire to spend an hour fighting Penance legitimately. Also I thought the Dark Aeons/Penance were only in the international version of the game, so if you had the base American PS2 version like I did, I don't think they were in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only my wallet hates all these good games. Also I never make time for them all yet I want them for that someday I play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dodger said:

 

 

I'll just Zanmoto them like a bitch this time if I have to. I don't know if I have the desire to spend an hour fighting Penance legitimately. Also I thought the Dark Aeons/Penance were only in the international version of the game, so if you had the base American PS2 version like I did, I don't think they were in there. 

 

Right, but I read about them on GameFAQs in a Boss FAQ and wtf'd at the fact that my version didn't have them. It took until this decade for me to finally fight them and even know what they look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

 

Right, but I read about them on GameFAQs in a Boss FAQ and wtf'd at the fact that my version didn't have them. It took until this decade for me to finally fight them and even know what they look like.

 

 

Yeah I never bothered to track down the international version either and had to wait until the Remaster came out. I am familiar with Dark Valefor since that fucker sits outside Besaid and won't let you enter to get that one good blitzball player you can pick up unless you can beat him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The boosters on the remaster are great for giving you the stuff you need to make the gear you'll need for the optional super bosses. Despite that, for Penance I just gave Yojimbo way more than necessary to let him do the work (love that max gil booster).

 

The Dark Aeons were also in FFX-2 but there they're much weaker, though in FFX with the right gear you're be much stronger so despite the Dark Aeons in FFX-2 being a joke stat wise compared to FFX they can be harder to beat. Yuna and Rikku really let themselves go between FFX and FFX-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

 

Get help dude. I got help last year and it was the best thing I have ever done. I was depressed from my divorce, ex-gf using me, and a bunch of stuff. My MD recommended xanax and I noticed it helped alot. Eventually found a good therapist, went on disability for like 6 months, did therapy, and got a prescription for an anti-depressant. (Pristiq) my life has improved immeasurably compared to before. I was dealing eith depression most of my life got better after HS but my divorce in 2012 and everything that jappened after that got me. 

 

This is too long to type on a mobile but I feel better still have problemd of course. I am even more of a loner then before but overall I feel better, can focus more, enjoy my existance more, am doing better at work, etc. In regards to gaming the antidepressant makes it alot better. Its why I am so addicted to games now. Before unless it was a deep engrossing RPG or strategy game I couldnt truly focus on it. Now I can focus on pretty much any game that I enjoy and not think about my anxiety and such. 

I'm doing what I can. I go to therapy as much as I can afford (which isn't much) and I'm looking for a new job (which is a big contributing factor for my bummers). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm finally getting back interested in games again, but I'm also dealing with some other stuff, so I can't play as much as I'd like. Days Gone was starting to do it for me, but I'm off work for four days after tonight and I have to go to my family's tomorrow. My grandfather is dying and I'm trying to make it to see him one more time. I'm sad, but it's expected and I'm dealing with it. Just puts a damper on my gaming resurgence. 

 

I'll at least take my 3DS and try to play some Fire Emblem, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chris- said:

You're wrong, games fucking SUCK. I have to use Epic Game Store which sucks and frame pacing sucks and everything SUCKS.

This guy gets it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bloodporne said:

I thought about Katana Zero but some of the negative reactions I've read are things that would really piss me off so I don't know. When it's on flash sale some time I'll definitely give it a shot. 

 

Hotline Miami is one of my favorite new franchises hands down so I'm always bummed that they dropped it. 

 

Hotline Miami 2 really killed my love of the franchise because it featured gunplay so heavily which was by far the least interesting part of that series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have less and less time for video games, so I've mostly stopped buying them in favor of trying to revisit/finish games that I already have.  I've also been gravitating towards smaller, shorter games that I can play in small chunks and complete without having to invest substantial portions of my time.  Ape Out and Downwell have recently blown me away with their simple but deep and engaging gameplay loops. 

 

On the other side of the coin, I re-downloaded Dishonored 2 and now think it's probably in the top 5 or so best games that I've ever played, which makes me want to play every immersive sim game ever made, even though they are sort of the opposite of the tight, bite-sized games I mentioned above.  I agree though - there are more and more games, and they keep getting better and better, but I'm getting older and sadly can't keep up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

movies have better graphics and require less work, literally no reason to play a video game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

 

Hotline Miami 2 really killed my love of the franchise because it featured gunplay so heavily which was by far the least interesting part of that series.

I'm one of the twelve people worldwide who prefer HM2 so I am not a happy camper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bloodporne said:

I'm one of the twelve people worldwide who prefer HM2 so I am not a happy camper.

 

Who are the other 11?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaysWho? said:

 

Who are the other 11?

1. Genghis Khan 

2. Pol Pot

3. Stalin

4. Ceausescu

5. Hitler

6. Trump

7. Dahmer

8. Bundy

9. Manson

10. Nixon

11. Yo momma 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheLeon said:

I'm doing what I can. I go to therapy as much as I can afford (which isn't much) and I'm looking for a new job (which is a big contributing factor for my bummers). 

Do you need help with you copays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Good fucking games? You're not going to see any of those on Playstation.

 

:ohsnap:

 

:cheers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...