Two new Marvel Hulu shows coming

The streaming service also announced new Marvel shows as part of an expanded partnership with Marvel for two new live-action series, "Marvel's Ghost Rider" and "Marvel's Helstrom." Both shows are expected to debut in 2020.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/hulu-reaches-26-8-million-subscribers-announces-new-marvel-shows/ar-AAALQyx?ocid=AMZN

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/

Gabriel Luna is once again suiting up as Marvel’s Ghost Rider, but this time for Hulu.

Variety has learned exclusively that Luna will star in the recently announced Hulu live-action series based on the comic book character. This will mark the second time that Luna has played Ghost Rider, previously appearing as the character in the ABC-Marvel series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” However, sources stress that this will be a completely new iteration of the character in no way connected to the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” storyline.

In addition to his time on “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D,” Luna’s other television credits include “True Detective,” “Wicked City,” and “Matador.” On the feature side, he is set to appear in the upcoming “Terminator: Dark Fate” opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger and Linda Hamilton. He has previously appeared in films like “Bernie,” “Freehold,” and “Balls Out.”

Seems odd to have the same actor play the same character and not have it connected to what happened previously. Hopefully they just got that part wrong. 

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/ghost-rider-gabriel-luna-hulu-series-1203202305/

Seems odd to have the same actor play the same character and not have it connected to what happened previously. Hopefully they just got that part wrong. 

That does seem odd. I didn't really love his arc in Agents of Shield, but I think he's a fine actor for the part.

The Disney+ Marvel shows seem so much more interesting.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Isn't the NBC Constantine show not in the Arrowverse canon despite the fact that they brought back Matt Ryan as Constantine?

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Isn't the NBC Constantine show not in the Arrowverse canon despite the fact that they brought back Matt Ryan as Constantine?

I don't think Human Target is either and they brought that guy into the Arrowverse too. I think audiences these days get it... or they don't care :p

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I only watched a couple episodes of the original series but i did like the animated mini series. I know he talks a little about his past but not sure if that stuff happened in the series.

7 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Meh, I have never cared for Ghostrider. Easily the weakest stretch for Agents of Shield was when they tried to shoehorn him into the show imho.

Never actually heard of Helstrom.

Give Cosmic Ghostrider a try.

19 hours ago, Jason said:

As I understand it it is the same Constantine, they just don't reference the NBC one-season show much but I believe his CW Seed show (which is canon) references stuff from it. So it counts, but they downplay it as much as possible and just run with the presumption you know who Constantine is at this point and if you don't you'll learn retroactively. 

Then again, he voiced the character in the Justice League Dark animated film and that has nothing to do with the CW shows. So . . . Matt Ryan just is Constantine now, and given I enjoyed the one season NBC show I'm happy for that to be the case.