2 hours ago, fuckle85 said:

I kind of hate that he's getting a redesign tbh. But the response to that news online has been more positive than I expected. I guess there's a significant enough demand to convince studios that it's worth spending more time and money on trying to make this film legitimately good?  Why? :lol:

I don't know about any of this mostly because there's a backlash against the movie not delaying the release and putting the artists under a ridiculous crunch to change the look of sonic for a movie that's going to be shitty anyway.

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Happy to see a Sonic that really fucks, as if the design is gonna save this movie lol.

I have the tiniest modicum of hope given that they actually delayed the movie this long to address the criticism about how Sonic looks. 

This has gone from a "never" to a "well, if my niece wants to see, I guess I'll go"

Character design is a whole time better. Actual CG is worse. The lighting is off, so Sonic doesn't sit well in each scene. I won't blame the artists on that one. Whoever greenlit the original design screwed then over and not having all the time in the world to fix it doesn't help.

Design certainly looks better. Too bad the rest of the movie doesn't. Why would you set this on Earth instead of Sonic's planet? 

No more nightmare fuel, but still puzzled at the live action decision. Fully 3D animated with a decent budget would have been cool.

Sonic looks better, the movie still looks like shit.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Design certainly looks better. Too bad the rest of the movie doesn't. Why would you set this on Earth instead of Sonic's planet? 

I had no idea Sonic didn’t live on earth.

That design is sssssoooooooo much better. The trailer was also an improvement over the first but still full of problems. Looks like they told Jim to tap into classic Ventura mode with some of them actions near the end of the trailer. I guess we shall see how bad it is come February 

7 hours ago, Pikachu said:

Fully 3D animated with a decent budget would have been cool.

They spent their budget doing two versions of Sonic :p

6 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I had no idea Sonic didn’t live on earth.

Sonic takes place on planet Mobius noob!

Would be a hell of a bonus feature if the blu-ray also contained the version of the film with Sanic.

So this is apparently what the artists that worked on this movie actually wanted Sonic to look like. I guess anyone assuming his awful first look was the result of some higher up was spot on. I'm still guessing that his first look was cheaper to animate for motion capture purposes since it's so much more closer to human proportions.