On 4/28/2019 at 1:44 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

@BuckFly Bills got a good QB and didn't even have to draft him

As someone who has seen him play live a number of times this is a great pick up in rookie free agency, as is David Sills WR from WV, and Cam Lewis a CB also from UB.

Jackson is 6-7 with a rocket arm and mobility.  I think it's likely that he makes the practice squad if no one picks him up and he'll run the prep team.  Derek Anderson is simply a mentor in the QB room and probably won't see a snap all year, even in practice (as he is third behind Barkley).  If they worry about losing Jackson then they will pull him up to the roster and cut Anderson, but still find a way to keep Anderson as part of the staff.

After the off season and the draft the Bills are now deep at offensive line and just have to weed through and find their top five.

Plus they have about $70 million in cap space going into the 2020 season.

I love the way Beane and McDermott have handled things.  They said it was going to hurt for two years with last year being a record setting dead cap space amount, but it was made easier by them making the playoffs in the first of those two years.  

I am happy the draft is over so I can stop hearing from Gettleman about how “2 teams wanted Jones”, “agonized over the pick” and “Jones may sit for 3 years”.  Hopefully we shit the bed, fire Gettleman and Shurmur, and draft Clemson QB. 

3 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I am happy the draft is over so I can stop hearing from Gettleman about how “2 teams wanted Jones”, “agonized over the pick” and “Jones may sit for 3 years”.  Hopefully we shit the bed, fire Gettleman and Shurmur, and draft Clemson QB. 

They would have to shit the bed for two more years before he is eligible. 

7 minutes ago, Iculus said:

They would have to shit the bed for two more years before he is eligible. 

I know. No way Gettleman is fired before Jones is proving to be a bust. He will play a handful of games this year and all of next season. Giants will be horrendous for the next two years. 

• 3 weeks later...