Sri Lanka atrocity: 15 killed (including 6 children) as cornered jihadists detonate explosives during police raid

Just now, nublood said:

321 Christians targeted and killed for their faith isn't persecution?

Oh I see. They were just killed for chasing rabbits and hunting eggs. Gotcha.

Islamist extremists target Muslims, Jews and Christians, and if there were atheist gatherings, them too.

Could you stop avoiding why you're not outraged at Trump's favorite publication for saying Easter worshippers? He literally took the dude who ran it and put him in his circle after being elected. Or the Republican Times who had an op-ed about the term while forgetting that they've used the phrase? Or the fact that Trump didn't open up with Christians but instead made a weird typo?

Do you not understand that the "left" that you're attacking are largely Christians?

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You were the one who quantified it with "the most persecuted." Don't be dishonest, you twat.

Lol, what's with the name calling? Seriously? You're calling me stupid but can't even carry on a civilized discussion without getting emotional.

Kids today. I tell ya.

I said it because it's true. Stop getting yourself triggered and do some research.

2 minutes ago, nublood said:

Lol, what's with the name calling? Seriously? You're calling me stupid but can't even carry on a civilized discussion without getting emotional.

Kids today. I tell ya.

I said it because it's true. Stop getting yourself triggered and do some research.

You can't tell someone not to get triggered when you're making a fuss that people said Easter worshippers.

Just now, nublood said:

Kids today. I tell ya.

I call 'em like I see 'em. You're getting pretty emotional yourself, crying about how rough Christians have it, so much more persecution than other groups. I just really have a lot of contempt for privileged Christian boys whining about how persecuted they are.

Oh, and on the subject of Christian persecution, let's not leave our Israeli "friends" out of the Christian persecution mix:

After Criticism, Israel Lets Gazans Celebrate Easter in Jerusalem, West Bank

After failing to issue permits to Palestinian Christians in the Gaza Strip to celebrate Easter in Jerusalem on Sunday, Israeli authorities have decided to allow some 300 of them to travel to Jerusalem and the West Bank to mark Orthodox Easter, a high-ranking Palestinian Authority official said on Monday. The permits will allow the Christian Gazans to cross the border starting on Tuesday.

This meant that Catholic and Protestant Palestinian Christians were not permitted to go to Jerusalem to celebrate their Easter last Sunday.  However, you won't hear right-wing white American evangelical Protestants -- the loudest cheerleaders of Israel in the United States -- getting upset about this because (a) Palestinians are brown-skinned Arabs and (b) Palestinians are largely Catholic and Orthodox which means they don't actually count as "real" Christians in the eyes of evangelicals.

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Oh, and on the subject of Christian persecution, let's not leave our Israeli "friends" out of the Christian persecution mix:

After Criticism, Israel Lets Gazans Celebrate Easter in Jerusalem, West Bank

After failing to issue permits to Palestinian Christians in the Gaza Strip to celebrate Easter in Jerusalem on Sunday, Israeli authorities have decided to allow some 300 of them to travel to Jerusalem and the West Bank to mark Orthodox Easter, a high-ranking Palestinian Authority official said on Monday. The permits will allow the Christian Gazans to cross the border starting on Tuesday.

This meant that Catholic and Protestant Palestinian Christians were not permitted to go to Jerusalem to celebrate their Easter last Sunday.  However, you won't hear right-wing white American evangelical Protestants -- the loudest cheerleaders of Israel in the United States -- getting upset about this because (a) Palestinians are brown-skinned Arabs and (b) Palestinians are largely Catholic and Orthodox which means they don't actually count as "real" Christians in the eyes of evangelicals.

If it makes them feel better I consider them vile heretics that should be burned at the stake. 

Edit: I really need to play a Europa Universalis campaign as the Papal States and crush the protestant reformation.

19 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I call 'em like I see 'em. You're getting pretty emotional yourself, crying about how rough Christians have it, so much more persecution than other groups. I just really have a lot of contempt for privileged Christian boys whining about how persecuted they are.

Umm..I never said Christians have it rough. But congrats on dismissing the fact that over 300 people were just murdered for practicing their faith. I guess that doesn’t constitute for “having it rough” in your sad little world. I guess only Jews and Muslims are allowed to express any kind of sadness, anger, etc for dying at the hands of extremists. You know, faux outrage and all.

Just now, nublood said:

Umm..I never said Christians have it rough. But congrats on dismissing the fact that over 300 people were just murdered for practicing their faith. I guess that doesn’t constitute for “having it rough” in your sad little world. I guess only Jews and Muslims are allowed to express any kind of sadness, anger, etc for dying at the hands of extremists. You know, faux outrage and all.

lol, you are sooooooo dishonest. Long before you came in with your persecution complex, I'd discussed how horrific these attacks are. You literally came into this thread to whine about the victims being referred to as "Easter worshipers," a factually correct term, by the way, and proclaimed that Christians were the most persecuted group in the world, which is just silly.

Oh, and despite your faux outrage over the term, you repeatedly ignore the fact that your own side referred to them as such and doubled down on your stupidity. 

Puh-lease.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

...proclaimed that Christians were the most persecuted group in the world, which is just silly...

Well...maybe they are.

From the Intercept article I posted:

According to a recent study by Pew, Christians do indeed constitute the most persecuted faith community in the world; they are harassed and targeted in 144 countries, with Muslims harassed and targeted in 142 and Jews in 87.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

Well...maybe they are.

From the Intercept article I posted:

According to a recent study by Pew, Christians do indeed constitute the most persecuted faith community in the world; they are harassed and targeted in 144 countries, with Muslims harassed and targeted in 142 and Jews in 87.

Maybe, barely? 

The point is, it's like a goddamned competition. "My group is the most persecuted!" "No, mine is!" And it's pretty damn weak, coming from a privileged, conservative, white, Christian dude in a country where Christianity dominates all others. 

All these religions suck and do their own damn fair share of persecuting others at the same time they're being persecuted elsewhere. The race to see who can be the most persecuted makes me roll my goddamned eyes.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Maybe, barely? 

The point is, it's like a goddamned competition. "My group is the most persecuted!" "No, mine is!" And it's pretty damn weak, coming from a privileged, conservative, white, Christian dude in a country where Christianity dominates all others. 

All these religions suck and do their own damn fair share of persecuting others at the same time they're being persecuted elsewhere. The race to see who can be the most persecuted makes me roll my goddamned eyes.

Welcome to identity politics and the glorification of victimization.

11 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

There is probably nothing more white, first-world privileged than complaining about "identity politics" and the "glorification of victimization".

That's pretty much peak white privilege right there.

HERP!

Thanks for proving my point!  Would it help if you heard it from the mouths of black people? 

9 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

HERP!

Thanks for proving my point!  Would it help if you heard it from the mouths of black people? 

Fine - I'll answer since I've got to take Inuk for a walk.

While I would certainly weigh it more carefully if it came from a minority than from a white person, I would then consider exactly who that person is and their role within their minority community.  For example, if it came from someone like Dr. Cornel West, then I would give it VASTLY more serious consideration than if it came from someone like Coleman Hughes.

Now, there will be no further discussion of this tangent in this thread, understood?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Fine - I'll answer since I've got to take Inuk for a walk.

While I would certainly weigh it more carefully if it came from a minority than from a white person, I would then consider exactly who that person is and their role within their minority community.  For example, if it came from someone like Dr. Cornel West, then I would give it serious consideration whereas if it came from someone like Coleman Hughes.

Now, there will be no further discussion of this tangent in this thread, understood?

I suppose if it fits your narrative then its admissible. 

:feelsgood:

Now go take that Handsome boy for a walk, is that understood?

45 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

The race to see who can be the most persecuted makes me roll my goddamned eyes.

Feel free to roll your "goddamned eyes" at a Palestinian Christian who has to endure the tender mercies of both Hamas and the Israelis.

It's not a "race" or a "competition" - it's a reality for millions of Christians in the Middle East/China/India, Muslims in China/India/Myanmar, Buddhists in Vietnam, etc.  If so-called "liberals" can't see that, then they might as well pack up shop and hand the political and societal keys over to the worst forces of global atavism and reaction.

Even though I may agree with many of their philosophical positions, this is one of the primary reasons why I've rejected the so-called "new atheist" movement and simply can't brand myself as a "liberal".

• Haha 1

Feel free to roll your "goddamned eyes" at a Palestinian Christian who has to endure the tender mercies of both Hamas and the Israelis.

It's not a "race" or a "competition" - it's a reality for millions of Christians in the Middle East/China/India, Muslims in China/India/Myanmar, Buddhists in Vietnam, etc.  If so-called "liberals" can't see that, then they might as well pack up shop and hand the political and societal keys over to the worst forces of global atavism and reaction.

Even though I may agree with many of their philosophical positions, this is one of the primary reasons why I've rejected the so-called "new atheist" movement and simply can't brand myself as a "liberal".

I thought you were smarter than that. I'm clearly not rolling my eyes at the actual harm being done to people all over the world. Good grief. 

ftr, I don't think there is a single person who would brand you as a "liberal". :feelsgood:

25 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I'm willing to bet that the people overreacting to the term "Easter worshipers" are the same people that get upset whenever they hear "Happy Holidays".

And then don't realize the cognitive dissonance of calling someone else a snowflake.