Sri Lanka atrocity: 15 killed (including 6 children) as cornered jihadists detonate explosives during police raid

It's been several hours since the attacks and there still isn't a claim of responsibility, which strikes me as odd.

If this was retaliatory for the terrorist attack at the New Zealand mosque, I would've thought that the Islamic State or other jihadist groups would be tripping over themselves claiming responsibility for this.

10 minutes ago, ByWatterson said:

Their buildings aren't pretty enough, so media coverage of this will be muted compared to last week's orgy of "heartbreak" that accompanied a mere fire where no one was hurt. 

Also, pretty much everyone in America knows what France is, unlike Sri Lanka.

If Muslims terrorist groups take credit fo the attacks though, the media will start to pay attention.

20 minutes ago, ByWatterson said:

Their buildings aren't pretty enough, so media coverage of this will be muted compared to last week's orgy of "heartbreak" that accompanied a mere fire where no one was hurt. 

The black churches set on fire didn't get much coverage here either in comparison. 

Also.

-_-

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

NOW this story will get attention!

Ya, I mean it wasn’t already on the front page of every news source...

oh wait, it was.. you are stirring ridiculous sentiment pretending people only care because muslims did it.

should we not report the facts so we don’t hurt anyone’s feelings?

25 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Ya, I mean it wasn’t already on the front page of every news source...

oh wait, it was.. you are stirring ridiculous sentiment pretending people only care because muslims did it.

should we not report the facts so we don’t hurt anyone’s feelings?

I especially like how we shouldn't have been so outraged about a literally irreplaceable historical structure being destroyed.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Thanks, Dr. Pedant!

No problem. 

Someone has to be the voice of reason in a media environment that masturbates over a bruised monument to what can be fairly described as the largest criminal enterprise in history (Catholic Church), and shrugs when hundreds of worshipers lose their lives in less pretty settings.

1 minute ago, ByWatterson said:

No problem. 

Someone has to be the voice of reason in a media environment that masturbates over a bruised monument to what can be fairly described as the largest criminal enterprise in history (Catholic Church), and shrugs when hundreds of worshipers lose their lives in less pretty settings.

I don't know why people are even talking about Notre Dame in this thread. 

I was upset about it, but obviously mass casualties in a terrorist attack is more upsetting. 

20 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Great works of art can just be replaced. Someone can always paint a new Sistine Chapel or Mona Lisa. Who cares if the Gutenberg Bibles burn? We can replace them with newer copies! The Pyramids of Giza crumble? Easy peasy to replace with today's technology. 

Who knew the library of Alexandria could so easily be replaced! 

51 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Great works of art can just be replaced. Someone can always paint a new Sistine Chapel or Mona Lisa. Who cares if the Gutenberg Bibles burn? We can replace them with newer copies! The Pyramids of Giza crumble? Easy peasy to replace with today's technology. 

This but unironically. 

3 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Maybe a little at the sheer shitheadedness that's going on in this thread. People died. Horrifically. Stop making stupid arguments and bringing up shit that has nothing to do with the fact that over two hundred people died in a horrific manner.

Welcome to the CEB of the last couple years.  

• Haha 1