Digital Foundry - Ghost of Tsushima PS4 Pro Early Analysis: Gameplay Demo Tech Breakdown!

SaysWho?

What a spectacle of a game. The cinematic shots during gameplay really shine in this. It reminds me a bit of Shadow of the Colossus which would use a low angle shot that put Wander and Agro on the left third or right third of the screen; it made simple traversal feel far grander.

This was harder to tell if it actually looked good during E3 due to streaming artifacts, but it really looks damn pretty. I'm a huge sucker for swaying and responsive foliage, especially the light behind the leaves as the fire arrow passes behind it. Love that stuff.

The game itself... doesn't really look like something I'd care for much, but maybe I'll pick it up anyway. Although I have a feeling that prettiness will be toned down greatly on my PS4 Amateur.

29 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

This was harder to tell if it actually looked good during E3 due to streaming artifacts, but it really looks damn pretty. I'm a huge sucker for swaying and responsive foliage, especially the light behind the leaves as the fire arrow passes behind it. Love that stuff.

The game itself... doesn't really look like something I'd care for much, but maybe I'll pick it up anyway. Although I have a feeling that prettiness will be toned down greatly on my PS4 Amateur.

With you on the streaming. Watching it here looked way better than the stream, which looked a bit muddier.

17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah Sly 2 was longer than anticipated. :p

Actually that's the only one I've played since it was the "I'm sorry for wiping your memory card with a demo disc" game.

Yeah, I thought I was done with the game and then I got into another little sandbox area/world. I'm like, "Nah, the gameplay loop isn't THAT interesting." :p 

It was an improvement over the first, but it was too long to finish, pretty much.