U.S. Risks Roiling Oil Markets in Trying to Tighten Sanctions

12 hours ago, chakoo said:

Just in time for UCP to take credit for it when things improve in Alberta and ford to run even more with the carbon tax destroying Ontario residents pocket books. -.-

Trudeau had to know that the carbon tax was going to hurt him. 

I know that among my Canadian friends, i've never seen a more disliked leader (and they really disliked his predecessor, Harper).

51 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Majority of Canadians support the tax, and for good reason.

Funny, everything I read says only Trudeau's dwindling base supports it. I know damn well the west doesn't support it. Perhaps Ontario and Quebec do, but the east coast provinces seem to be dead set against it. 

And there is no good reason for a carbon tax on the poor. 

55 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Funny, everything I read says only Trudeau's dwindling base supports it. I know damn well the west doesn't support it. Perhaps Ontario and Quebec do, but the east coast provinces seem to be dead set against it. 

And there is no good reason for a carbon tax on the poor. 

Keep in mind that Ontario, BC, and Quebec (where it's the most popular) comprise about 74% of the country's population. 

Also, the federal tax is only applied if a province hasn't made their own tax and plan. The federal tax is collected and then returned via a carbon rebate to residents at tax time. 90% of people receive a larger rebate than their tax.

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Keep in mind that Ontario, BC, and Quebec (where it's the most popular) comprise about 74% of the country's population. 

Also, the federal tax is only applied if a province hasn't made their own tax and plan. The federal tax is collected and then returned via a carbon rebate to residents at tax time. 90% of people receive a larger rebate than their tax.

Yeah, except BC doesn't want a Carbon Tax, only Vancouver does. 

35 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Well, considering it looks like Trudeau is going to be a one term wonder

Fake news. With Mad Max splitting the right wing vote, we’re going to see the 90s and early aughts all over again. Can you say threepeat?

35 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

BC=Vancouver for all things that matter.

58 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Vancouver comprises over 50% of the population of BC. Throw in the coastline, the island, and the other islands (which are very environmentally-conscious) and there is an easy majority. Also, BC has had a carbon tax for a while now and it's working.

4 hours ago, elbobo said:

whatever happened to peak oil, remember a decade ago when predictions were screaming that we would be out of oil by now?

Do you have a link to the article saying we would be out of oil? Eventually we will hit peak oil because demand will outpace supply. We just have different predictions on when that will happen.

1 hour ago, Remarkableriots said:

Do you have a link to the article saying we would be out of oil? Eventually we will hit peak oil because demand will outpace supply. We just have different predictions on when that will happen.

maybe not out of oil but there were a lot of predictions that we had or would soon hit peak 10-15 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predicting_the_timing_of_peak_oil#Pessimistic_predictions_in_2000s

41 minutes ago, Anathema- said:

The shale oil boom offset that and pushed the peak back. 

actually it looks like shale doesn't account for most of it. More conventional oil is being produced now than there was 15 years ago, just doing some reading up since I'm curious now

World-supply.jpg

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaellynch/2018/06/29/what-ever-happened-to-peak-oil/#37851915731a