Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris was seriously burning

21 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I mean, we all know that braindead chimp couldn't make less sense than Trump. but he's not wrong. Do they not have a single water bomber? It might have saved more of the church. 

I'm not sure a tanker plane or helicopter would be of much use on a structure fire - Dropping thousands of gallons of water instantly onto one spot might compromise the structural integrity of the building.  

21 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I mean, we all know that braindead chimp couldn't make less sense than Trump. but he's not wrong. Do they not have a single water bomber? It might have saved more of the church. 

Water bombers are highly inaccurate and useless, if not dangerous, in an urban environment where that volume of water could collapse roofs of other buildings if they miss the target.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

Water bombers are highly inaccurate and useless, if not dangerous, in an urban environment where that volume of water could collapse roofs of other buildings if they miss the target.

"But again, what the hell do I know?"

1 hour ago, johnny said:

God trump is a fucking idiot. I’m waiting for his comment that American firefighters would have saved the cathedral. 

No it will be something along the lines of how the French have those little itty bitty fire trucks, and in America we have these great big machines that put out fires. 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

As it turns out, the French state -- not the Catholic Church -- actually owns the physical structure and assets of the cathedral.

Now it's up to the French government to sell the rebuilding effort to French taxpayers.  Oh boy. 

Wouldn't want to be the insurance company that was insuring the restoration efforts 

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

I'm shocked at how intact it is considering what we saw earlier.

Apparently the wooden roof was on top of a stone roof. So in that drone shot where it looked like the entire building was engulfed, I think what was going on was that the burning wooden roof had mostly fallen onto the stone roof instead of into the church.