Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jason

"People are dying": Diabetics rationing insulin amid rising drug prices

Recommended Posts

Bombs are flying, people are dying, children are crying, politicians are lying too.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if diabetics don't eat anything at all, their blood sugar doesn't go up.

 

Yeah, someone actually told me that not too long ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is another great example of the farce of claiming the US has the best health care in the world when rationing and fear of a $500 sudden medical bill are normal things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, brucoe said:

Well, if diabetics don't eat anything at all, their blood sugar doesn't go up.

 

Yeah, someone actually told me that not too long ago.

No, it goes down, and can cause a diabetic coma. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

No, it goes down, and can cause a diabetic coma. 

I didn't say it was correct. I was just saying what someone told me, with that person thinking it held any logic whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have told me to my face that sugar has nothing to do with diabetes. They said it was caused by carbs, and that going on a keto diet will cure diabetes. I was like, bitch, sugar is a carb!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

People have told me to my face that sugar has nothing to do with diabetes. They said it was caused by carbs, and that going on a keto diet will cure diabetes. I was like, bitch, sugar is a carb!

 

Lol, whoever told you that is an idiot. Sugar is seen as a poison by keto adherents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

People have told me to my face that sugar has nothing to do with diabetes. They said it was caused by carbs, and that going on a keto diet will cure diabetes. I was like, bitch, sugar is a carb!

 

Are you sure you didn’t misunderstand them? I don’t think any keto person thinks sugar is good... at most they might say that other carbs are as bad as sugar. 

 

The usual line I’ve heard tho is that fat has nothing to do with diabetes, and going on a keto diet, where you consume significant amounts of fat and protein and almost no carbs, would cure diabetes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

 

Are you sure you didn’t misunderstand them? I don’t think any keto person thinks sugar is good... at most they might say that other carbs are as bad as sugar. 

 

The usual line I’ve heard tho is that fat has nothing to do with diabetes, and going on a keto diet, where you consume significant amounts of fat and protein and almost no carbs, would cure diabetes.

 

This person did not follow a keto diet, they are just a moron. But it's just an example of how stupid people are when it comes to what should be common knowledge on health issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SilentWorld said:

 

Are you sure you didn’t misunderstand them? I don’t think any keto person thinks sugar is good... at most they might say that other carbs are as bad as sugar. 

 

The usual line I’ve heard tho is that fat has nothing to do with diabetes, and going on a keto diet, where you consume significant amounts of fat and protein and almost no carbs, would cure diabetes.

You can't "Cure" diabetes. If you have type 2 diabetes, you can sometimes get off meds if you keep your weight down and diet on point. But Type 1 means your pancreas doesn't work at all. No amount of dieting will fix that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

You can't "Cure" diabetes. If you have type 2 diabetes, you can sometimes get off meds if you keep your weight down and diet on point. But Type 1 means your pancreas doesn't work at all. No amount of dieting will fix that. 

 

Correct. For Type I you need essential oils.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...