~*Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX - Duel of the Fates OT*~

6 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Yo, the new trilogy isn't really about the Emperor. Regardless as to whether seeing Palpatine is a real treat or if it falls flat, that's on JJ. I've loved the story of the sequels so far.

Hell, the minute I read the first sentence of TFA's opening crawl, I knew I was in for a treat. Even the mothafukin' crawls got me excited, especially with no passive, "The taxation of trade routes is in dispute," sentences.

Lol 

• Haha 4

Just as a heads-up to anyone who asked for leaks (@CayceG, @sexy_shapiro), there is some doubt as to the validity of a few things now. Some of the leakers were given weight because they correctly called all of the things in the trailer footage. But there is now question if they only had access to the footage in the trailers (VFX team, etc), and perhaps made up other things to go with it. Or maybe Lucasfilm did this to throw people off, lol.

Not saying it's correct or incorrect, just a warning that it could not be 100% true! Even with TFA when we knew the entire movie before it came out, there were still a few things off (people were sure there was a Resistance superweapon as well called the Sledgehammer[giant ship that smashed planetary shields], which was in the original script and some filming was done for, but was cut late in production[was originally used to get access to Starkiller Base, before filk was changed to have the Falcon jump under the shields]).

10 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Yo are you fucking kidding me with this shit? I’m getting real tired of your little act man. You’re not even reading what people are saying, just cherry picking what you want to hear then inserting some high and mighty faux bullshit counter point that involves accusing people of being racist or homophobic or like hitler or whatever. Shit is tired my man. 

Never, in anything ANYONE in this board has said, has someone said that profitability is THE metric for judging the success of art. NO ONE SAID THAT. It was listed as one of the ways something can be judged as successful. Along with critical acclaim and acclaim from the general public. Those are 3 ways that if combined you could say something is generally successful. Of course everyone has their own personnel take on what is and isn’t good art. No one is belittling that point. 

But this shit where every time someone disagrees with you, you jump out and accuse them of thinking like a racist or nazi or whatever is bullshit and needs to stop. Grow up man. Grow. Up. 

fuck you dude. I didn’t even accuse him of being racist or homophobic. Fuck off. I’m not doing good today and you personally attacking and Skillz liking your post is really pushing me off the deep end.

this board is cruel and it makes me want to cry 

skillz, you are better than to hate a hateful post like that. Why do you hate me. I was keeping it nice. Why are you so mean. Why does the world hate me. Why am I not worth anything

no one loves me

i need to take a break from this board. You are hateful. I never made one personal attack on any of you 

Skillz liked a comment personally attacking me. This shows his true character 

I am high functioning autistic and I have trouble interpreting online discussions sometime. I am being attacked because I’m a freak. Maybe I don’t know how to communicate or read some comments well. I do much better in person when I can see their face and hear how they speak. On here it is difficult and you guys just spit me out and call me mean words because I have trouble with online communication sometimes.

im a freak and you guys hate me for it

And in case anyone is worried, I’m not suicidal right now, and haven’t been since @SaysWho? called me and helped me calm down. I’m doing much better than a few months ago. I was able to find a better place to live and in general I’m on the up. But I still struggle with depression and self hatred. Seeing you guys personally attack is really setting me off right now after a really rough day. I just feel like I can’t do anything right.

I’m really disappointed in you guys right now. Especially @skillzdadirecta for liking a post that personally attacking me and brought up things I did in the past that I thought was water under the bridge by this point. I thought we had moved past that. I didn’t mean any hurtful by what I said. Like I said above, I’m high functioning autistic so I have trouble getting my thoughts out on the internet sometimes. I never meant anything mean by what I said.

Sorry for my outburst yesterday. I had a really stressful day at work. I will work on how I communicate my opinions online. In the future let’s just avoid any personal attacks.

@skillzdadirecta I’m sorry. I let that get too heated between us. Don’t feel like I don’t like you. I actually respect you a lot. I like reading your comments on the Watchmen thread. I loved that snowball fight video thar you posted, I just haven’t replied yet because I’ve been super busy. So no, I will not put you on ignore. You add so much to this board and it would be far less interesting without you.

4 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Sorry for my outburst yesterday. I had a really stressful day at work. I will work on how I communicate my opinions online. In the future let’s just avoid any personal attacks.

@skillzdadirecta I’m sorry. I let that get too heated between us. Don’t feel like I don’t like you. I actually respect you a lot. I like reading your comments on the Watchmen thread. I loved that snowball fight video thar you posted, I just haven’t replied yet because I’ve been super busy. So no, I will not put you on ignore. You add so much to this board and it would be far less interesting without you.

No problem man. Just take care of yourself. This stuff isn't that serious :peace:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Fuck you. Rey is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Yoda. Fight me, bro. 

Rey is a politically correct Mary Sue that is single handedly tanking the franchise :angry::angry::angry: And How DO bombs fall in space? Why did Luke become a psycho for a fraction of a second after 30 years??? Kathleen Kennedy NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!!! 

Did I do that right?

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Rey is a politically correct Mary Sue that is single handedly tanking the franchise :angry::angry::angry: And How DO bombs fall in space? Why did Luke become a psycho for a fraction of a second after 30 years??? Kathleen Kennedy NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!!! 

Did I do that right?

You forgot...The characters didn’t change at all from the OT this is bad and lazy writing. Why did they change the character so much from the OT they would never have done that! This is bad and lazy writing!

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Did I do that right?

Perfect, you sexist, woman hater. Perfect. <3 

also bombs fall in space because of micro gravity. Not as strong as regular racist, but strong enough. BOOM! Science Bitch!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

also bombs fall in space because of micro gravity. Not as strong as regular racist, but strong enough. BOOM! Science Bitch!

But explain Luke and his dramatic transformation from hopeful 18 year old Farm boy to bitter 60 year old recluse you woke snowflake! Check. and Mate.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

But explain Luke and his dramatic transformation from hopeful 18 year old Farm boy to bitter 60 year old recluse you woke snowflake! Check. and Mate.

To be fair I think what TLJ haters argue isn't that he can't be a bitter 60 year old recluse, just that that wasn't the direction they should have taken the character. "Should" is a dangerous word in storytelling to me so I just write that shit off, but yeah.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

To be fair I think what TLJ haters argue isn't that he can't be a bitter 60 year old recluse, just that that wasn't the direction they should have taken the character. "Should" is a dangerous word in storytelling to me so I just write that shit off, but yeah.

You're giving them WAAAAY too much credit. I've seen them argue "He WOULDN"T become embittered" and that by doing so the character was betrayed and ruined. They don't argue with a hint of nuance... at least not what I've seen.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You're giving them WAAAAY too much credit. I've seen them argue "He WOULDN"T become embittered" and that by doing so the character was betrayed and ruined. They don't argue with a hint of nuance... at least not what I've seen.

10 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I agree with Skillz, they don’t believe Luke at the end of ROTJ could possibly become Luke at the beginning of TLJ.

It's the argument I've heard, so it's definitely out there. I don't deny some do argue what you two are saying, I'm just offering a genuinely separate argument they make. My younger brother HATES the movie. Like, HATES. Yes, I understand the irony that I enjoy it a lot and he hates it haha. But that's one of his arguments, though he's smarter than the average TLJ hater. So . . . :p 

For those arguing that he can't become what he is in TLJ - that makes no sense. Anyone can become anything after 30 years. You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain alone explains that, and TLJ haters love TDK, so . . . haha. Sometimes their arguments are so dumb.

7 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

For those arguing that he can't become what he is in TLJ - that makes no sense. Anyone can become anything after 30 years. You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain alone explains that, and TLJ haters love TDK, so . . . haha. Sometimes their arguments are so dumb.

Not even close to the same situations. 

21 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's the argument I've heard, so it's definitely out there. I don't deny some do argue what you two are saying, I'm just offering a genuinely separate argument they make. My younger brother HATES the movie. Like, HATES. Yes, I understand the irony that I enjoy it a lot and he hates it haha. But that's one of his arguments, though he's smarter than the average TLJ hater. So . . . :p 

"The Last Jedi Ruins The Skywalker Legacy"

First, the filmmaker destroys the family's ambition to rebuild the galaxy through completing Ben Solo's transformation into a new Darth Vader, and then he changes Luke Skywalker from the savior we last saw in Return of the Jedi into a defeated mentor who ran away after his student answered the call of the Dark Side. Let's put it this way: When Mark Hamill takes issue with how Luke became an uncaring fallen Jedi, you know these probably aren't the Skywalkers you're looking for. Johnson may have wanted to break the mold, but all he did was ruin the Skywalker legacy. Let's take a look at why that is.

"The Last Jedi: On The Character Assassination of Luke Skywalker"

This film is a big middle finger to anyone who grew up believing in Luke Skywalker. Without any good reason, it completely destroys his established character and turns him into a terrified and cowardly old man committed to dying alone wallowing in regret. By strongly contrasting Luke with the saintly Rey, and presenting her as a flawless paragon of moral perfection, the film not only makes her a distant character who’s hard to relate to, it also belittles the struggles of Luke and Anakin and all of their allies, and retroactively subverts the hopes and overall message of the OT.

Those are just Two of the arguments I could find really quickly. There are many, many more.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

"The Last Jedi Ruins The Skywalker Legacy"

"The Last Jedi: On The Character Assassination of Luke Skywalker"

Those are just Two of the arguments I could find really quickly. There are many, many more.

As I said, I'm aware of that argument too - very much so. Just that it isn't the only one they make. I'm trying to give the TLJ haters some rope here haha. :) 

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 1:18 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Fuck you. Rey is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Yoda. Fight me, bro. 

On 12/7/2019 at 1:23 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

Did I do that right?

On 12/7/2019 at 1:27 PM, Mercury33 said:

You forgot...The characters didn’t change at all from the OT this is bad and lazy writing. Why did they change the character so much from the OT they would never have done that! This is bad and lazy writing!

On 12/7/2019 at 4:06 PM, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

On 12/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Lol at that second take. Just stopped watching the movie before Luke sacrifices himself to save the day I guess. What a coward. Lol. 

Also Rey is such a "paragon of moral perfection" that the fact that she didn't hesitate when she was tempted to the dark side and scared the shit out of Luke completely flew over those dude's heads.

Informed speculation about Episode IX:

Spoiler

It's going to be interesting to see people (who hated the old EU) watch Ep IX. It's...heavily inspired by a plot from the EU, or seems to be. Though I suppose it would be hard to avoid having something that wasn't ever touched on since there was so much content.

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Informed speculation about Episode IX:

Reveal hidden contents

It's going to be interesting to see people (who hated the old EU) watch Ep IX. It's...heavily inspired by a plot from the EU, or seems to be. Though I suppose it would be hard to avoid having something that wasn't ever touched on since there was so much content.

I put this in spoiler tags. I know what you alluded to is super broad but given that you've looked at leaks and there are people here who I know want to go in fresh who might be able to infer things about what you mentioned, I erred on the side of caution.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Can't wait until we're all in our 90s living in senior homes arguing about if Luke would really think of killing Ben.

2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Why would Luke try to kill Ben Kenobi? 
Who’s Ben. 
The guy with the R2D2 droid. 
Luke’s dad? 
didn’t Vader kill him?
Yes. Vader killed Luke’s Dad, Ben. 

"Luke would never kill Uncle Ben"

"If he doesn't kill Ben then Spiderman would never be born!"

"When's dinner?":lol::lol::lol: