Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SFLUFAN

Movies Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker Teaser Trailer

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

The REALLY important question is what piece of military equipment is the First Order gonna make ludicrously huge in this one?

 

In TFA, Starkiller base was a planet-sized version of the Death Star

In TLJ, Snoke's Supremacy flagship was significantly larger than Vader's Executor flagship and their AT-M6 was quite a bit larger than an AT-AT

 

k1YI9.png

 

DSC043861.JPG

 

So, what piece of Imperial military hardware will the First Order try to "one-up" in the size department this time, because I've come to the conclusion that the entirety of the First Order's military design staff's philosophy can be summed up as "Whatever the Empire built, we'll build it MUCH BIGGER because BIGGER IS ALWAYS BETTER!!!"

It could of been equipment already in development or production from the Empire but not yet distributed for active use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to watch this, or any other trailers. I'm going on full media blackout for this movie so I can see it in theatres fresh, and so I don't get caught up in JJ's mystery box bullshit with the marketing. See you guys December 20th! :peace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, CitizenVectron said:

Definitely sunken Death Star. So that's the forest moon of Endor?

 

IMG20190412102035.jpg

 

It was such a big explosion that the ruins ended up in Azeroth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, elbobo said:

Kylo is a Skywalker from his mother's side so it could theoretically refer to him

You're all missing the obvious: R2D2 was owned by Luke, so HE is the Skywalker who has been holding the whole franchise together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brick said:

Not going to watch this, or any other trailers. I'm going on full media blackout for this movie so I can see it in theatres fresh, and so I don't get caught up in JJ's mystery box bullshit with the marketing. See you guys December 20th! :peace:

I'm on such media blackout about this movie that I may not even watch the movie when it comes out. That will completely save the plot for me. :|

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Rey wearing ten pounds of makeup in that intro part? It's super distracting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 10:54 PM, Keyser_Soze said:

Why isn't Lando Donald Glover with old face makeup?

Because Billy Dee is Lando. Glover was good, but still just a pretender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

How George Lucas Helped Finish Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

JJ Abrams consulted with him to help craft the end of the Skywalker saga.

 

This deal is getting worse all the time.

I don’t think so. Lucas had lots of great ideas for the prequels, but his writing was piss poor. As long as he didn’t write it, I’m fine with him giving advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Because Billy Dee is Lando. Glover was good, but still just a pretender.

 

Yes but they need to follow in the star wars tradition like putting Hayden Christensen at the end of Retrurn of the Jedi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

Yes but they need to follow in the star wars tradition like putting Hayden Christensen at the end of Retrurn of the Jedi.

 

You shut your whore mouth!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Lucas had lots of great ideas for the prequels

 

Midichlorians. 

MIDICHLORIANS

 

M I D I C H L O R I A N S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

I don’t think so. Lucas had lots of great ideas for the prequels, but his writing was piss poor. As long as he didn’t write it, I’m fine with him giving advice.

 

He gave advice to the Clone Wars crew to make a Jar Jar episode and as a result we got that awful season 1 episode where Jar Jar stumbles around and the separatists think he's a jedi master. As far as I can remember that was the worst episode of the entire series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The overall story of a Senator with evil, hidden intentions manipulating his way into power and into a seat that enlists the help of an organization he wants to destroy, with the intention of dissolving this republic into a galactic empire under his control, all the while turning the most promising Jedi student into his own apprentice, is a great overall idea.

 

The problem was that Lucas wrote it. I maintain that the prequels could have been superior had they been written better (showing Anakin's relationship with Obi-Wan evolve instead of them at each other's throats for two straight movies, focusing more on Palpatine's ascent and the Clone Wars, getting to know the Jedi more so that their destruction means something to us past the fact that they're Jedi). Unfortunately, we received what we did, but I've been loving the sequel trilogy ride thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

The overall story of a Senator with evil, hidden intentions manipulating his way into power and into a seat that enlists the help of an organization he wants to destroy, with the intention of dissolving this republic into a galactic empire under his control, all the while turning the most promising Jedi student into his own apprentice, is a great overall idea.

 

The problem was that Lucas wrote it. I maintain that the prequels could have been superior had they been written better (showing Anakin's relationship with Obi-Wan evolve instead of them at each other's throats for two straight movies, focusing more on Palpatine's ascent and the Clone Wars, getting to know the Jedi more so that their destruction means something to us past the fact that they're Jedi). Unfortunately, we received what we did, but I've been loving the sequel trilogy ride thus far.

 

The Clone Wars series proves your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked Great....can't wait.  

 

Looks like a McGuffin  hail marychase is all they got though...the First Order destroyed the entire  New Republic Government...then is destroyed the entire New Rebel Alliance......the entire military leadership other than Leia was killed off...

 

Hypothetical.....the Emperors first big test for Anakin  was having him deafeat and decapitate Dooku..his public face.   Was having Ben decapitate Snoke..the Public face of the First order a test as well? I mean...the Emperor should have some trust issues with the Skywalkr line after what Anakin did to him ultimately... Or just some random stuff that I'm thinking way too hard on because I'm bored.

 

It wouldn't be out of line with the whole Skywalker line being Papatine's doing by manipulating midichlorians or some such.  Maybe the Rise of Skywalker refers back to this.

 

Anyway..can't wait.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me an exchange that helps prove where Lucas falls short was in the Obi-wan vs Anakin fight. 

 

Obi-wan: “Palpatine is evil.”

Anakin:”From my point of view it is the Jedi that are evil.”

 

 

I mean I get it. But that is a clumsy, rushed way to convey how opposite their ideology is. He could have said how the Jedi only hold him back. Never showed him any loyalty. Would never let him and Padme stay together, and are ineffective and incapable of ending the war and keeping the peace in the galaxy. But Lucas summed all that up into “evil”, which makes no sense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Chris- said:

 

Midichlorians. 

MIDICHLORIANS

 

M I D I C H L O R I A N S

Nobody said they were all great. Like I said, shit writer, lots of good ideas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alpha1Cowboy said:

Looked Great....can't wait.  

 

Looks like a McGuffin  hail marychase is all they got though...the First Order destroyed the entire  New Republic Government...then is destroyed the entire New Rebel Alliance......the entire military leadership other than Leia was killed off...

 

Hypothetical.....the Emperors first big test for Anakin  was having him deafeat and decapitate Dooku..his public face.   Was having Ben decapitate Snoke..the Public face of the First order a test as well? I mean...the Emperor should have some trust issues with the Skywalkr line after what Anakin did to him ultimately... Or just some random stuff that I'm thinking way too hard on because I'm bored.

 

It wouldn't be out of line with the whole Skywalker line being Papatine's doing by manipulating midichlorians or some such.  Maybe the Rise of Skywalker refers back to this.

 

Anyway..can't wait.

 

 

Vader was always expected to betray palpatine. In fact, its the final test of a Sith Apprentice, to kill his master. It just didn't work out the way Palpatine expected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The person least surprised that Palpatine is alive has got to be Maul.  Getting thrown down a shaft ain't nothin.  Hell Maul was cut in half first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

To me an exchange that helps prove where Lucas falls short was in the Obi-wan vs Anakin fight. 

 

Obi-wan: “Palpatine is evil.”

Anakin:”From my point of view it is the Jedi that are evil.”

 

 

I mean I get it. But that is a clumsy, rushed way to convey how opposite their ideology is. He could have said how the Jedi only hold him back. Never showed him any loyalty. Would never let him and Padme stay together, and are ineffective and incapable of ending the war and keeping the peace in the galaxy. But Lucas summed all that up into “evil”, which makes no sense.  

 

Don't try it. I've got the high ground!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been things done in cannon that kind of change it, but I always had a different idea of Anakin brining balance to the Force. 

 

Orignally in the movies it was just “bring balance to the Force”, then later it seemed like Jedi interpreted that as “destroy the Sith”. 

 

But to me that showed great arrogance on the part of the Jedi. 2 Sith vs hundreds of Jedi. That’s not balanced. 

 

So then Anakin helped to eliminate almost every Jedi. Now still not entirely balanced. But by the end of Return  of Jedi all that’s left is Luke. A hastily trained young man, who went into a range to beat his father, but refused to kill him in that rage. A balance of light and dark. Prophecy fulfilled.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

To me an exchange that helps prove where Lucas falls short was in the Obi-wan vs Anakin fight. 

 

Obi-wan: “Palpatine is evil.”

Anakin:”From my point of view it is the Jedi that are evil.”

 

 

I mean I get it. But that is a clumsy, rushed way to convey how opposite their ideology is. He could have said how the Jedi only hold him back. Never showed him any loyalty. Would never let him and Padme stay together, and are ineffective and incapable of ending the war and keeping the peace in the galaxy. But Lucas summed all that up into “evil”, which makes no sense.  

 

I remember Ebert liked how ROTS got back into the adventure of Star Wars but still wasn't high on the dialogue. The example he gave on At The Movies was the, "Obi-Wan's worried about you. You seem stressed." The prequels like to tell you what's happening as opposed to showing you (though ROTS had that lovely scene with Anakin and Padme staring out at each other which did a much better job conveying the competing thoughts Anakind had).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

To me an exchange that helps prove where Lucas falls short was in the Obi-wan vs Anakin fight. 

 

Obi-wan: “Palpatine is evil.”

Anakin:”From my point of view it is the Jedi that are evil.”

 

 

I mean I get it. But that is a clumsy, rushed way to convey how opposite their ideology is. He could have said how the Jedi only hold him back. Never showed him any loyalty. Would never let him and Padme stay together, and are ineffective and incapable of ending the war and keeping the peace in the galaxy. But Lucas summed all that up into “evil”, which makes no sense.  

I think he considered Jedi evil when Mace Windu was going to kill Darth Sidious who Anakin believed could save Padme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

I think he considered Jedi evil when Mace Windu was going to kill Darth Sidious who Anakin believed could save Padme.

That’s just A Jedi. Not an entire order. The line still lacks proper context to make sense. 

 

My point is there could have been a great emotional conversation between Anakin and Obi-Wan where it all comes out. Everything that’s bothered him. Where he’s trying to convince himself me made the right choice as he is condemn Obi-Wan for being part of that failed system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

71e9bzm.jpg

 

How long until we get a Super Special Edition of the OT where the explosion of the Death Star II now includes large chunks floating away?

 

Also, if an object that size impacted from low orbit, it would have created an extinction-level event on the moon, not to mention the object itself would have been completely destroyed.

 

This seems like a situation where JJ was like "you know what would be cooooool?" and then no one said no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have actually really liked the tragic story of Anakin. I have never felt Lucas did it justice on screen. 

 

Anakin was so so afraid of being punished by the Jedi he didn’t trust them. They in turn do not fully trust Anakin. Partially because he is so close with the Chancellor, and because they don’t feel they (the Masters)need to be fully open with a subordinate. 

 

So Anakin feels used by the Jedi without be rewarded or acknowledged for his contributions and skills. Even his closest Jedi friend and brother in arms, Ohio-wan he doesn’t trust to be open and honest with. 

 

The Clone Wars series shows even more of this. Really laying the groundwork for his fall. You can he at times he feels the Jedi are not willing to do what is necessary to win the war. He sees double standards from Masters. And his Padawan was left out on her own when falsely accused of a crime just for the politics of it. 

 

All of this while he’s being emotionally manioulated by Palpatine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

71e9bzm.jpg

 

How long until we get a Super Special Edition of the OT where the explosion of the Death Star II now includes large chunks floating away?

 

Also, if an object that size impacted from low orbit, it would have created an extinction-level event on the moon, not to mention the object itself would have been completely destroyed.

 

This seems like a situation where JJ was like "you know what would be cooooool?" and then no one said no.

You remind me of the people bitching about bombs falling in space. It's Sci-fi/Fantasy/Space Opera, not a physics documentary. People choke others with magic and wield swords made of light, and you complain about what the impact would have done to Endor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

You remind me of the people bitching about bombs falling in space. It's Sci-fi/Fantasy/Space Opera, not a physics documentary. People choke others with magic and wield swords made of light, and you complain about what the impact would have done to Endor?

 

Oh I'm not complaining (except that JJ adds stuff without needing it for the plot), just pointing out that the complaining has begun. I wonder if it will be the same people that were anti-TLJ because of lasers curving and bombs falling, or if it will be new people who loved TLJ but hate JJ.

 

My special edition comment was real though, because if Lucas were still in charge we would 100% be getting ROTJ 4.0 with a new explosion showing the dish surviving and flying past the camera (maybe even a scream from the Emperor as it flew past - "aaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaa..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...