~*Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX - Duel of the Fates OT*~

4 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Wondering why she still has Luke's lightsaber. Did she reconstruct the severed one? Did she copy it? I'm still hoping for a double blade since she uses that staff.

I'm sure the explanation from JJ "Mystery Box" Abrams will be perfectly logical and make total sen...OLOLOLOLO

6 minutes ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Wondering why she still has Luke's lightsaber. Did she reconstruct the severed one? Did she copy it? I'm still hoping for a double blade since she uses that staff.

During the Q&A session before the trailer was dropped, Daisy just said that it "lives on", so I'm guessing she fixes it.

• Thanks 1

Fourthed(I’m too lazy to quote) that trailer looked awesome. And I’m not a head cannon guy who adored episode 8. Weird. 

Im honestly more excited by D1P comments to this teaser. Which themselves tease the endless repetitive debate that will never die on this board. The next 8 months will be glorious!!! One can only hope a surprise Man of Steel sequel trailer pops up soon as well 😄

The host of the Episode 9 panel today at Celebration was Stephen Colbert and he said, "Star Wars fans are the best fans". :)

Then they showed the trailer twice and right after the first showing the spotlight beamed down at Ian McDiarmid standing there on stage. This is going to be good. 

The way they did these movies reminds me of an elementary school game where everyone sits in a circle then one person starts a story, the next person continues it etc all the way around the circle.  No planning or continuity.  If you don't like what was in the previous movie just disregard or change it.  These would have been better if they would have had either JJ or Rian just do all 3.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ALIEN-gunner said:

The host of the Episode 9 panel today at Celebration was Stephen Colbert and he said, "Star Wars fans are the best fans". :)

Then they showed the trailer twice and right after the first showing the spotlight beamed down at Ian McDiarmid standing there on stage. This is going to be good. 

This post gives me hope because you’re wrong about everything. 

We’re going to be okay!

• Haha 2

They missed an opportunity by not having her make a two-bladed staff saber. But of course JJ wants the original saber to live on. I wonder if they will follow the original plan and have force ghosts be tied to objects. That would allow Anakin to come back from the saber, and Palpatine to come back from the death star throne room.

1 hour ago, number305 said:

The way they did these movies reminds me of an elementary school game where everyone sits in a circle then one person starts a story, the next person continues it etc all the way around the circle.  No planning or continuity.  If you don't like what was in the previous movie just disregard or change it.  These would have been better if they would have had either JJ or Rian just do all 3.

The obsession with planned continuity continues to baffle me.  It’s so weird. 

13 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

They missed an opportunity by not having her make a two-bladed staff saber. But of course JJ wants the original saber to live on. I wonder if they will follow the original plan and have force ghosts be tied to objects. That would allow Anakin to come back from the saber, and Palpatine to come back from the death star throne room.

Staff saber and original saber are not mutually exclusive. Just have her build the original into a new staff saber.

12 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

The obsession with planned continuity continues to baffle me.  It’s so weird. 

Planned continuity isn't important if you can pull it off without it. I see the commentary on a lack of planned continuity more a response to the fact that it's not feeling cohesive than a assertion that having it planned out is good in itself.

The REALLY important question is what piece of military equipment is the First Order gonna make ludicrously huge in this one?

In TFA, Starkiller base was a planet-sized version of the Death Star

In TLJ, Snoke's Supremacy flagship was significantly larger than Vader's Executor flagship and their AT-M6 was quite a bit larger than an AT-AT

k1YI9.png

DSC043861.JPG

So, what piece of Imperial military hardware will the First Order try to "one-up" in the size department this time, because I've come to the conclusion that the entirety of the First Order's military design staff's philosophy can be summed up as "Whatever the Empire built, we'll build it MUCH BIGGER because BIGGER IS ALWAYS BETTER!!!"

43 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

The REALLY important question is what piece of military equipment is the First Order gonna make ludicrously huge in this one?

In TLJ, Snoke's Supremacy flagship was significantly larger than Vader's Executor flagship and their AT-M6 was quite a bit larger than an AT-AT

k1YI9.png

DSC043861.JPG

So, what piece of Imperial military hardware will the First Order try to "one-up" in the size department this time, because I've come to the conclusion that the entirety of the First Order's military design staff's philosophy can be summed up as "Whatever the Empire built, we'll build it MUCH BIGGER because BIGGER IS ALWAYS BETTER!!!"

The obvious answer is a larger helmet.

latest?cb=20181223231601

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm excited but won't lie as it seems this movie will try to retcon everything that happened in The Last Jedi. But, I'm still excited. The title is still cool, Daisey Ridley is still sexy bae, the Emperor's laugh was cool and most of all Lando is finally back. 

I'm all in.

I could have easily believed this trailer was meant to be released on April 1.

2 hours ago, johnny said:

"and also remembers Lando! And one of those Deathstars! And those gold medals!  Gee wiz, I hope we get to see some cheek kissing."

21 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

The obvious answer is a larger helmet.

latest?cb=20181223231601

Kylo was making a new one in that trailer :thinking:

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

One of the abandoned plotlines for TFA was the search for a McGuffin from the Death Star ruins. Apparently this is back. Pretty solid leaks told of this a few weeks ago, and the trailer pretty much confirms it.

So yay, another McGuffin chase with fan service from JJ.

This Polygon article discusses that abandoned plotline in detail.

I expect to leave the theater thinking that it was ok or a "pretty good movie" and start obsessing over all the missed opportunities. It's not that the new SW movies are bad, it's just that they aren't really all that great either. That's the truth from someone that thought he "loved" the Star Wars universe, but I'm starting to think I just really love the OT and some of the games based around the OT. 

@CitizenVectron is right that they missed an opportunity to have Rey use a double sided saber. She was adept at using a stick in ep 7. This is so disappointing to me.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

No doubt. It could be an entertaining movie (just like TFA was), but really JJ... I am expecting total fan service at this point. Rey will be a Skywalker but made by the Emperor and the Emperor used Anakin's force sperm to make her and the Death Star ruins will be the final fight location and the Emperor's ghost will be there. Something bullshit like that.

Ghost Palpatine tries to turn Rey into his new physical host, I'm calling it.

8 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

They missed an opportunity by not having her make a two-bladed staff saber.

A red and blue one to drive the point home

7 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

What I want to know is how does an Outer Rim reboot have a bigger military budget than the original Galaxy-sized government? I demand a scene addressing the First Order's hyperinflation crisis in the next movie

4 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

If it’s the Death Star, then it’s probably the second one from Return of the Jedi. (The one from A New Hope blew up spectacularly.) It’s not out of the question to think that it fell to solid ground around the forest moon of Endor.

The Endor Holocaust is real!

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Endor_Holocaust