~*Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX - Duel of the Fates OT*~

28 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’m leaning into a theory that Rey is a result of trying to create a new chosen one from cells taken from Anakin. She s one of many clone attempts to do it. Like her vision in the cave of there being a seemingly endless line of hers. It could also explain her strength in the force and connection to the lightsaber.

Why make Anakin Skywalker clones female? Maybe that was done so it didn’t look like they just brought back Anakin Skywalker, and maybe so some could not figure out the nature of the clones just by seeing them. You see a bunch of adult Anakin Skywalkers, former Jedi Master, it gives away you’re trying to clone one of the most powerful Jedi. 

I’m excited to see how it all turns out. That theory is probably way off, but I find it fun to wonder “what if”, and then fun to see what is. 

I wouldn't mind that if it looked like it was building to that, but I feel that would contradict the entire notion that she's special but not because she's related to Anakin/Obi-Wan and contradict that her parents were nobodies. It was cool to get away from that whole "Everything revolves around Anakin" notion, and this would be JJ making everything related to The Chosen One.

Somehow that would fit the name of this movie, so now I'm frightened. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’m leaning into a theory that Rey is a result of trying to create a new chosen one from cells taken from Anakin. She s one of many clone attempts to do it. Like her vision in the cave of there being a seemingly endless line of hers. It could also explain her strength in the force and connection to the lightsaber.

Why make Anakin Skywalker clones female? Maybe that was done so it didn’t look like they just brought back Anakin Skywalker, and maybe so some could not figure out the nature of the clones just by seeing them. You see a bunch of adult Anakin Skywalkers, former Jedi Master, it gives away you’re trying to clone one of the most powerful Jedi. 

I’m excited to see how it all turns out. That theory is probably way off, but I find it fun to wonder “what if”, and then fun to see what is. 

I like your theory and can see how this could be real. The movie is called The Rise of Skywalker, and what better way than an new Jedi order of Skywalker clones or Sith versions of Rey. Never say what side will rise to be victorious in the end, and be ballsy if the bad guy wins

50 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I wouldn't mind that if it looked like it was building to that, but I feel that would contradict the entire notion that she's special but not because she's related to Anakin/Obi-Wan and contradict that her parents were nobodies. It was cool to get away from that whole "Everything revolves around Anakin" notion, and this would be JJ making everything related to The Chosen One.

Somehow that would fit the name of this movie, so now I'm frightened. :lol: 

I always felt Kylo telling Rey that her parents were nobodies was so Rey would lose hope that finding them would have any meaning for her. He hopped it would make her see him as the only person that she can unite with, that understands her. He was just using her fear against her. She feared her parents were nobodies that didn’t love her. 

Johnson pretty much confirmed it in a post TLJ interview that Kyo didn’t really know, inferring that Kylo was just trying to manipulate Rey. 

If Rey is some kind of clone, what I kind of want to be true is that Palpatine had Rey created to be a vessel for his spirit. In Legends he used clones of himself. 

What I’d love to see is that Palpatine had a female body created because he always felt like woman inside and now he finally gets the body he wanted. 

lol I want to see the internet explode. :lol:

• Haha 1

I always felt Kylo telling Rey that her parents were nobodies was so Rey would lose hope that finding them would have any meaning for her. He hopped it would make her see him as the only person that she can unite with, that understands her. He was just using her fear against her. She feared her parents were nobodies that didn’t love her. 

Johnson pretty much confirmed it in a post TLJ interview that Kyo didn’t really know, inferring that Kylo was just trying to manipulate Rey. 

It could certainly be read that way but the far more interesting interpretation JJ should canonize is that Rey's parents were indeed nothing. JJ is clearly going full fan service so I don't expect that interpretation to come to fruition (one I think Rian Johnson would have preferred) but oh well. 

What I’d love to see is that Palpatine had a female body created because he always felt like woman inside and now he finally gets the body he wanted. 

lol I want to see the internet explode. :lol:

Oh my god, I am 100% on board with that!

I think Rey is the result of the force creating another chosen one after Kylo caused imbalance.

The double bladed lightsaber could be a weapon Rey picked up from a defeated Knight of Ren. 

I believe them when they say the Emperor was always going to be a part of these sequels. There's TFA concept art showing underwater exporation of the Deathstar throne room. 

Who knows for sure. These leaks sound dumb and made up for clicks. I'm looking forward to this film and I'm confident I'll enjoy it as much as I did with 7 and 8.

We also have to face the reality that this trilogy has been planned this way from the beginning (with minor changes made as they go, as is natural with any project), and that it simply was not a good plan to begin with.

From the sounds of what Riaj, JJ, and Kathleen have said, the high-level broad strokes were always laid out this way, but each filmmaker was given free reign for their individual movie. Perhaps they simply just didn't have a good idea to begin with. It also sounds like a lot of it was pulled from Lucas himself.

2 hours ago, Massdriver said:

Rey was a virgin birth as was Anakin. Palatine was the father with the force. Palatine cheated death as his master taught him or he is in fact his old master (twist!!!) and it turns out the Ewoks on Endor are now evil red eyed minions for Palatine. 

End this like Blazing Saddles or Holy Grail and I won’t even be mad. Shit just roll the credits over Daisy, Oscar, John, and Gwen in a remade Thriller video. 

• Haha 1

One of the potential leaks is wild (regarding why the movie is named as it is). Warning, end of the movie spoiler, if true:

Spoiler

Kylo dies to stop Palpatine (possibly lets Rey kill him). Could be a Fallen-type ending, where Palpatine's ghost needs a dark-side body to host it, and since no one else is around (after kind of possessing Kylo), if Kylo dies then so does the Emperor. Rey is the Emperor's progeny in some way, either his descendant or a force-creation of his. He can't possess her however, as she is too good.

However...Luke's force ghost raises Kylo back from the dead, possibly sacrificing his own essence. Kylo is reborn, free from the dark-side influence, and is now given a second chance.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, johnny said:

That looks awesome. Please don’t Fuck the story, JJ. 

Too late, Johnson already F'd up the story. I guess the trailer was okay, but when it comes to Star Wars good trailers have almost always been a given. I remember how thrilled I was when TPM trailer dropped...and then opening night.....WTF?!