Amazon admits that employees review “small sample” of Alexa audio

I am not totally against some of the social media reforms that liberals are pushing after the Russian attack in '16, but I also don't really see it in the same way.

My assumption has always been that these companies are squeezing you for all the info they could get and that a little buyer beware was warranted.

Quite frankly, if you have dozens, if not hundreds, of sophisticated, valuable, and useful apps on your phone and you literally never paid a dollar for any of it....what did you think was going to happen?

36 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

Is this new info? I thought that was always the deal. I guess from the article it seems they weren't explicit about the human element, but I thought it was implied.

Same. I thought it was pretty well understood that some engineer somewhere has to be verifying commands in places where Alexa and Google Assistant and Siri are having trouble to try and figure out why it's having trouble. I'm a Google Assistant home and every time you set up a speaker, I get a request asking if I'm OK with my data being used to help make the whole system work better. It defaults to yes and I'm assume most people just click next, next, next. What do people think that means? This strikes me as the slow news story that gets blown up because it sounds scary.