Lori Loughlin pleads not guilty, hit with more indictments

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/lori-loughlin-money-laundering-indictments-college-admissions-scandal-820216/

Last month, when 50 people, including actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman, were indicted in connection to a college admissions scam, the FBI said that more indictments were likely to be coming down the pipeline. As it turns out, they weren’t kidding — and Loughlin, who is best known for playing Aunt Becky on the beloved Nineties sitcom Full House, is now facing some serious prison time as a result.

According to a statement on Tuesday from the U.S. Attorney’s office in the district of Massachusetts, 16 parents, including Loughlin and her husband, designer Mossimo Giannulli, have been charged with a second superseding indictment: conspiracy to commit mail and wire fraud, and conspiracy to commit money laundering, a charge that carries a maximum sentence of 20 years prison time.

As a result of Huffman’s guilty plea, federal law enforcement sources will recommend that Huffman serve only four months behind bars, according to Page Six. She will also likely be ordered to pay a fine of about $20,000, plus restitution.

According to TMZ, Loughlin and Giannulli were also offered a plea deal by prosecutors, which would have required them to serve two years’ prison time — a much higher sentence than Huffman due to the relative seriousness of their charges, including the much higher amount of money they paid Singer in bribes. Loughlin and Giannulli either refused or delayed accepting the plea deals, which led them to being slapped with the additional, more serious money laundering charge.

Lori Loughlin Rejected Plea Deal Before New Charges, Says Source: 'Not Seeing How Serious This Is'

But Loughlin and her husband, fashion designer J. Mossimo Giannulli, have not entered pleas — and a source close to them tells PEOPLE that they have resisted any agreements that would result in jail time. Under federal guidelines, both of them would have gotten between 18-24 months in jail under a plea agreement.

“They weren’t ready to accept that,” says the source, who is familiar with the legal discussions in the case. “They’re really not seeing how serious this is.”

On Tuesday, things got worse for Loughlin and Giannulli, who were each hit with money laundering charges. They now face up to 20 years in prison for each charge.

Back in the '90s, I was in a very famous TV show (Ooh)
I'm Lori Loughlin (Lori!), Lori Loughlin
Don't act like you don't know
And I'm trying to hold on to my past
It's been so long
I don't think I'm gonna last
I guess I'll just try
And make you understand
That I'm more innocent than guilty
Or I'm more guilty than innocent

(Lori!)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RedSoxFan9 said:

it’s shocking that her kids couldn’t get in to USC on their own merit 

Firm in her beliefs that surely she wouldn't see the inside of a prison cell, a source tells E! News, she neglected to join the 13 parents (including fellow actress Felicity Huffman) and one university athletic coach who agreed to plead guilty to the charges of mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. 

"She has been in complete denial and thought maybe she could skate by," the source explains. "She refused to accept any jail time and thought the DA was bluffing. She was adamant she wouldn't do any jail time."

Surprise!

To be honest, I'm more interested in her overly privileged daughter who sees this whole affair as an affront to her "career" as an influencer. Before this, I knew nothing about any of them, but some horrible part of me just wants to watch that girl crash and burn so freaking badly.

Lori Loughlin’s When Calls the Heart Renewed for Season 7—Without Her

Fear not, When Calls the Heart fans—a mere college admissions scandal or indictment isn’t about to stop another visit to Hope Valley. Series lead Erin Krakow confirmed as much Saturday night, announcing a Season 7 renewal atop next month’s return of Season 6.

The Canadian-American drama had been quietly humming along since 2013, but was further dragged into the spotlight by allegations that co-star Lori Loughlin took part in an elaborate college bribery scheme. Loughlin portrayed Abigail Stanton through all six seasons—atop a lucrative collection of roles in Hallmark movies overall—though the admissions scandal briefly shut down production of the series while it was “retooled” without Loughlin’s character.

38 minutes ago, BlueAngel said:

Gotta love the hollywood elitest mindset.

I mean, she is likely a Trump voter based on her comments on Bure, her Full House friend who's Republican, and her husband is a Trump supporter who thinks others should carry their weight:

Page Six got in touch with another person allegedly in attendance at the same party who backed up Arnold’s account. “Mossimo was talking about how he agrees with Trump, and that people need to carry their own weight,” the spy offered. “He was saying there’s a lot of ‘takers’ out there and entitled people.”

So yeah, rich douchebag who voted for a rich douchebag who was handed everything who thinks poor people should "carry their own weight" is pretty elitist and typical of a guy of his mindset, not to mention they're both hypocrites despite Loughlin being a woman of "faith" who probably thinks nothing she does is bad because God or something. :p 

• Haha 1