Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hurdyb1

PC Tech Office Suite, pros and cons?

Recommended Posts

Do any folks here use Office Suite instead of Microsoft Office? I don't use Office enough at my age and this point in my life to justify a yearly subscription. Any impressions on Suite from people here? 

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hurdyb1 Did you mean to post this here, or did you want it on the PC board? It's fine either way, just wondering what your preference is. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Nokra said:

@Hurdyb1 Did you mean to post this here, or did you want it on the PC board? It's fine either way, just wondering what your preference is. :D 

 

What are the pros and cons of posting it there instead of here? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

 

What are the pros and cons of posting it there instead of here? 🤔

I could be wrong, but there are probably more people who look at threads here, but they may generally be less likely to have used Office Suite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nokra said:

I could be wrong, but there are probably more people who look at threads here, but they may generally be less likely to have used Office Suite. 

 

I use Open Office. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nokra said:

@Hurdyb1 Did you mean to post this here, or did you want it on the PC board? It's fine either way, just wondering what your preference is. :D 

I couldn't find the PC board in haste so I just posted here. I've only maybe posted one time in the PC board before. Mistake but for a real question.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Hurdyb1 said:

I couldn't find the PC board in haste so I just posted here. I've only maybe posted one time in the PC board before. Mistake but for a real question.

 

OK, I've moved the topic to the PC board, which is now under "General Gaming", but I left a link to the thread on The Asylum so that you hopefully get the most traffic. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nokra said:

OK, I've moved the topic to the PC board, which is now under "General Gaming", but I left a link to the thread on The Asylum so that you hopefully get the most traffic. :) 

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not as convenient but you can use the free web versions through hotmail/outlook.com (probably also other Microsoft webmail domains and even partners that use Microsoft's webmail for their email service) if all you want is to occasionally use word and excel files (powerpoint and some other stuff is available too). You can do the same with Google Sheets and Docs if you have gmail and not an outlook account. With gmail you can conveniently store your files in your Google drive and outlook.com defaults to OneDrive but you can also use Dropbox.

 

If you have a hotmail/outlook account or other account that uses hotmail/outlook click on the icon at the top left of the window to access the apps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dualhunter said:

It's not as convenient but you can use the free web versions through hotmail/outlook.com (probably also other Microsoft webmail domains and even partners that use Microsoft's webmail for their email service) if all you want is to occasionally use word and excel files (powerpoint and some other stuff is available too). You can do the same with Google Sheets and Docs if you have gmail and not an outlook account. With gmail you can conveniently store you files in you Google drive and outlook.com defaults to OneDrive but you can also use Dropbox.

 

If you have a hotmail/outlook account or other account that uses hotmail/outlook click on the icon at the top left of the window to access the apps.

Excellent idea. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...