Sign in to follow this  
Nokra

Television ~Better Call Saul Season 5 OT~

Seeing the allegory between Kim's mom & Jimmy was enlightening and explained why she's so attracted to him. 

One thing that always hit me weirdly about what I perceived to be abrupt was the "war" that Gus was having Mike deal with, now after this meeting with Nacho, I'm starting to wonder where exactly in the overall timeline we happen to be? 

16 hours ago, Brick said:

God Jimmy can be such a selfish idiot sometimes, and I feel bad for Kim. It's going to end so badly for them. 

To be fair, Jimmy was right - he got everyone what they wanted (including Kim) and not telling her destroyed any and all suspicion. It's not as dickish as it may seem, though what Jimmy is doing to Howard is pretty bad, I think.

10 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

To be fair, Jimmy was right - he got everyone what they wanted (including Kim) and not telling her destroyed any and all suspicion. It's not as dickish as it may seem, though what Jimmy is doing to Howard is pretty bad, I think.

Oh sure this time it worked, but it's only going to further enable him, and the next thing he does is just going to ruin Kim. As much as Jimmy does care about Kim, at the end of the day, he really is looking out for himself because he likes doing this stuff, it's fun to him, and someone coming along and telling him to stop, just ruins that fun, so he'll find an excuse to keep doing it. 

Jimmy is basically a guy with a heart of gold that is also a total piece of selfish shit. 

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

Oh sure this time it worked, but it's only going to further enable him, and the next thing he does is just going to ruin Kim. As much as Jimmy does care about Kim, at the end of the day, he really is looking out for himself because he likes doing this stuff, it's fun to him, and someone coming along and telling him to stop, just ruins that fun, so he'll find an excuse to keep doing it. 

Jimmy is basically a guy with a heart of gold that is also a total piece of selfish shit. 

Agreed, but he even told Kim to drop it. She put the plan in motion, then tried to stop it midstream, so Jimmy found a way to make it all work anyway. The reason she proposed marriage is so they never have to be forced to testify against each other, which makes sense. Of course, it's indicative of a larger problem, and I don't agree with how he did it, but he did nail it this time.

Well, I no longer feel bad for whatever fate Kim will have, because she is now a fully willing participant. So there's that!

12 hours ago, legend said:

Well, I no longer feel bad for whatever fate Kim will have, because she is now a fully willing participant. So there's that!

I don't know if accepting/buying in to what Jimmy ultimately did with Mesa Verde justifies Kim being killed by a drug cartel . . . :p 

I have a feeling that they'll get married, but be separated during the time of Breaking Bad (Bob Odenkirk himself even theorized this), and that we'll see Kim at the conclusion of "Gene's" story. 

5 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

I don't know if accepting/buying in to what Jimmy ultimately did with Mesa Verde justifies Kim being killed by a drug cartel . . . :p 

I'll rephrase :) I'm sure I'll feel bad if she dies or something else bad happens to her, but it would be a wholly different emotion if Jimmy fucked her without her really being able to appreciate who he was. In that case she would be more innocent which makes it more tragic.

But she now knows with plenty of warning. She gave all the reasons why she can't trust him and why it will end bad. And she's going in anyway while knowing that. It will be similar to how I feel about the bad that befalls Jimmy.

2 minutes ago, legend said:

I'll rephrase :) I'm sure I'll feel bad if she dies or something else bad happens to her, but it would be a wholly different emotion if Jimmy fucked her without her really being able to appreciate who he was. In that case she would be more innocent which makes it more tragic.

But she now knows with plenty of warning. She gave all the reasons why she can't trust him and why it will end bad. And she's going in anyway while knowing that. It will be similar to how I feel about the bad that befalls Jimmy.

Yeah, I agree with you on all of that for sure.

Or, wild card, Kim and Saul are still together. He never mentioned her in BB in order to keep her safe... or that's how they'll explain it. He leaves the cinnabon shop and goes home to her each night.