Rumor: Microsoft to introduce new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription (14.99$ month for Xbox Live Gold + Gamepass)

SaysWho?

Honestly I'd rather just keep mine separate. I don't really need Game Pass every single month. It's one of those things you can sub to for a month or so every few months and still get what you need out of it. 

Unless they release an annual option for like, $100 (which I doubt they will).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, number305 said:

Don't buy at face value.  Find a deal... like on black friday and buy it for the year.

Yeah I get that, but why bundle something it there's no inherent value in the bundle?  At least make it like $12 a month or something so you save a a few bucks buying them individually.  

At this point you can usually get deals for 6 months of gamepass for like $30, and I still dont pay more than $40 for Live.

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

There are a few PC games included with GamePass?

I was referring to bundling Gold for PC owners.

On Xbox One, there's already a negative of some overlap with the Games Pass library and Games with Gold.  PC is further limited to games with Play Anywhere support, so you likely wouldn't be able to boot many (or most) of the added games.  Plus, current gen games in your Gold library are gated out by a subscription.  On consoles that flies, but on PC, there's much more competition.  You could probably do better just picking up freebies.

Microsoft's been needing to rethink what Gold is ever since launching Windows 10 and its Xbox store.  Even more since the Play Anywhere initiative.  It's like Gold is run by a small team living in a bunker, totally oblivious to what the rest of the company is doing.

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Don’t need gold tho so it’s kind moot. 

27 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

I was referring to bundling Gold for PC owners.

On Xbox One, there's already a negative of some overlap with the Games Pass library and Games with Gold.  PC is further limited to games with Play Anywhere support, so you likely wouldn't be able to boot many (or most) of the added games.  Plus, current gen games in your Gold library are gated out by a subscription.  On consoles that flies, but on PC, there's much more competition.  You could probably do better just picking up freebies.

Microsoft's been needing to rethink what Gold is ever since launching Windows 10 and its Xbox store.  Even more since the Play Anywhere initiative.  It's like Gold is run by a small team living in a bunker, totally oblivious to what the rest of the company is doing.

I didn't realize you could play MS games (FH4, Sea of Thieves, etc.) online without Gold.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Yeah I get that, but why bundle something it there's no inherent value in the bundle?  At least make it like $12 a month or something so you save a a few bucks buying them individually.  

At this point you can usually get deals for 6 months of gamepass for like $30, and I still dont pay more than $40 for Live.

Good point.  My only thought is that it is a first step to someday merging them.  Game Pass is the future, and Gold makes less sense all the time.  

1 hour ago, mikechorney said:

I didn't realize you could play MS games (FH4, Sea of Thieves, etc.) online without Gold.

Yes.  It's as true today as it was back in the GFW debacle.  But now Microsoft is porting everything they publish to PC, with cross play.

The only difference between playing their new games online for free or not is if your hardware is called 'Xbox.'  Although with a recent update, you can technically stream your PC screen to your Xbox One and play free online that way.

It's bonkers.

17 minutes ago, mikechorney said:

So realizing how long it's been since I actually paid real money for XBL Gold.

XBL Gold = $10/month

GamePass = $10/month

Combined = $20/month

So you ARE saving money through bundling.  I should probably check my facts before making snarky comments next time.

XBL Gold is $60 a year.  You actually aren't.  It all still totals $180 a year to pay for both.