OFFICIAL IAW IS FULL MITTENS FOR SAINT PETE BUTTIGIEG THREAD

19 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

And yet, a religious fundamentalist successfully conned the United States into pursuing a course of action in which it squandered its power, wealth, and prestiege in a series of utterly pointless military conflicts that will only hasten its decline into global irrelevance.  To top it off, he predicted that particular scenario years before it occurred.

If only we all could be so "stupid".

the numbers are on your side...

2 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I don't even understand what that means in this context.

their*  sorry

They* have the collective numbers, as seen with how retarded some of the left can be so hostile toward each other on simple matters.  The collective right (religious, mostly) don't give 2 shits about minor differences, they just want to win at any cost.

19 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

their*  sorry

They* have the collective numbers, as seen with how retarded some of the left can be so hostile toward each other on simple matters.  The collective right (religious, mostly) don't give 2 shits about minor differences, they just want to win at any cost.

The hostility on the left comes from a frustration that many Democratic policies are outright attempts to appease the Right (and failing) which lead to Democratic losses later because those ideas are stupidly complicated and poorly constructed. My concern with Mayor Pete is he's gonna fall into the same trap which will lead to a Republican majority again. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jwheel86 said:

The hostility on the left comes from a frustration that many Democratic policies are outright attempts to appease the Right (and failing) which lead to Democratic losses later because those ideas are stupidly complicated and poorly constructed. My concern with Mayor Pete is he's gonna fall into the same trap which will lead to a Republican majority again. 

I wouldn’t call it “outright attempts to appease..” but they are far more likely to compromise.   The left is also far more likely to alienate their own, due to a type of superiority complex most fail to see within themselves.  If you really need examples of this, I can show you a few regulars who post here.  It’s truly astounding. 

34 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I wouldn’t call it “outright attempts to appease..” but they are far more likely to compromise.   The left is also far more likely to alienate their own, due to a type of superiority complex most fail to see within themselves.  If you really need examples of this, I can show you a few regulars who post here.  It’s truly astounding. 

1 hour ago, Boyle5150 said:

Compromise takes 2 willing participants, what the Democrats do is negotiate with themselves in a fools attempt to get the Republicans to agree. It's like lowering the sticker price on a car before the customer arrives and hoping he doesn't try to negotiate the price even further because you were nice. This issue gets made significantly worse by DC policy wonks who try to be "clever" by coming up with "bipartisan solutions" that collapse under their own weight. Few years ago Congress passed the ABLE Act which let's people with disabilities under 26 open a special savings account that won't count against Medicaid asset limits (which for me is $2,000), so long as you follow the rules (which don't exist yet). This should be pretty straight forward, it's a simple savings account registered with Social Security, but no the law created a massive bureaucracy in 37 State Departments of Revenue. The accounts are now at risk of collapsing because the service fees aren't to support the bureaucracy (not enough people signed up). This is the kind of shit that makes people hate Democrats. 

37 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

“He believes different than me, he must be an idiot!”

said by by someone who probably hasn’t accomplished 1/10th what Pence has..

i hate Pence too, but he’s far from dumb.

You're right, @Anathema- hasn't accomplished jack shit compared to Pence. I mean Pence created an AIDS epidemic in his home state. 

https://www.thenation.com/article/mike-pence-is-still-to-blame-for-an-hiv-outbreak-in-indiana-but-for-new-reasons/

Who else here can say they've accomplished that??

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

You can be both dumb intellectually but savvy politically

1 hour ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Nah plenty of Republicans are smart, but Mike pence is not one of them.

3 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

You can be both dumb intellectually but savvy politically

Trump is objectively an incurious buffoon. 

With the strange ability to perfectly channel the anger of the most powerful voting blocs in America. 

Intelligence != savvy. You nailed it. 

10 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

He’s an idiot militant Christian, he’s also a lawyer. The man is all kinds of bad and hateful, but not stupid.

Being a lawyer doesnt make you smart. He didnt even graduate from a top 100 law school.