ICYMI: Grand Theft Auvo V has sold over 100 million units, over 1/3 of the ENTIRE GTA FRANCHISE

SaysWho?

And at this point, it's probably a few million more than that.

Instead, in a twist befitting a game centered on heists, "Grand Theft Auto 5" has sold over 100 million units. "Grand Theft Auto 5" has made somewhere in the neighborhood of $6 billion, according to one report.

He's right to be shocked: It's more or less unprecedented, even for mega-hit franchises like "GTA." Zelnick pointed out that the entire "GTA" franchise has sold "something like 285 million units" — "Grand Theft Auto 5" makes up over 100 million of that alone.

It's bumping up against the likes of "Minecraft" and "Tetris" for title of all-time best-selling video game. That's due to its extraordinarily long legs — the game keeps selling over time.

"There's only been one month since its original launch that 'GTA 5' hasn't appeared among the monthly top 20 sellers list (October 2014)," NPD Group's Mat Piscatella told Business Insider in an email. "There's nothing else like it. Completely off every conceivable scale."

In case you're wondering what released in October 2014, there's no Top 20 which I can find, but the Top 10 was:

1. NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
  3. The Evil Within (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360, PC)
  4. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (360, PS3, PC)
  5. Destiny (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  6. Skylanders: Trap Team (360, Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, 3DS, mobile)
  7. FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, Wii, PS Vita, 3DS)
  8. Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One)
  9. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4, XBox One, PC)
  10. Minecraft (360, PS3, PS4)

I need to buy this on steam. I have it on rockstar social club but I keep forgetting to reinstall that app. I only tend to install Steam and Origin. Though I guess Rockstar has cloud saves so I'd be missing all my progress.

Is GTA online any good I love MP?

14 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I need to buy this on steam. I have it on rockstar social club but I keep forgetting to reinstall that app. I only tend to install Steam and Origin. Though I guess Rockstar has cloud saves so I'd be missing all my progress.

Is GTA online any good I love MP?

A lot of people seem to enjoy GTA Online but there is a ton of DLC you would likely need to start playing. That is where Rockstar has literally made most of the money.

I pretty much buy every GTA, put in a awful amount of time wandering around the world doing random shit...but typically never finish the main story. GTA V was the exception. The story was great and playing with 3 different characters was really fun. Amazing game. I just wish people would stop fucking buying it so they can get 6 out! 

On 4/4/2019 at 11:50 AM, SaysWho? said:

And at this point, it's probably a few million more than that.

In case you're wondering what released in October 2014, there's no Top 20 which I can find, but the Top 10 was:

1. NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
  3. The Evil Within (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360, PC)
  4. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (360, PS3, PC)
  5. Destiny (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  6. Skylanders: Trap Team (360, Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, 3DS, mobile)
  7. FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, Wii, PS Vita, 3DS)
  8. Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One)
  9. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4, XBox One, PC)
  10. Minecraft (360, PS3, PS4)

When did the Remaster come out for the next gen consoles?  That then the PC launch is def what has helped keep this going along with a rather well made online mode.

Whenever this game is brought up it seems to get a lukewarm response or actually leans negative in terms of what people think of it. 

Man I thought it was an awesome game minus some of the story stuff, and I often think about going back to it for a third play through. 

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

Whenever this game is brought up it seems to get a lukewarm response or actually leans negative in terms of what people think of it. 

Man I thought it was an awesome game minus some of the story stuff, and I often think about going back to it for a third play through. 

Message boards live in a bubble. :p