Joker Trailer and Discussion Thread

On 9/1/2019 at 9:50 AM, sblfilms said:

It’s OK. Phoenix is amazing, but there is little character to study in this character-study. I’m still glad Warners is making these sorts of films in the currently bland landscape of comic book film.

So what you’re saying is that you’re becoming fatigued of bland superhero movies?

• Shocked 1

6 hours ago, Brick said:

Fuck I didn't even think about that. Some loser is going to try an shoot up another theatre, aren't they? :|

I've seen a couple of reviews raise concerns about certain segments of the audience taking the wrong message from this movie and considering what happened with the Dark Knight Rises and the current climate right now, it seems like something that would be on people's minds.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I've seen a couple of reviews raise concerns about certain segments of the audience taking the wrong message from this movie and considering what happened with the Dark Knight Rises and the current climate right now, it seems like something that would be on people's minds.

God I'm so glad I don't live in the US.  Can't wait to see this opening weekend without an ounce of fear

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This actually has me concerned now especially considering how many alt-righters are fans of the DCEU stuff.

17 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

@sblfilms any concerns about security when this film starts screening? Is that something theaters are thinking about?

Totally out of nowhere I thought maybe opening day might not be that smart. Not because of the crowds, but the shit that's going on in this world now, some piece of shit might look at this as a good film to do something fucked up.

I have never ever thought about not going somewhere because if gun violence possibilities. Fucked up time were in right now on that front

The book knocks down a half-dozen stories that circulated around the case. Among Reid’s assertions: Holmes didn’t identify with the Joker figure in the Batman movies, his breakup with his girlfriend alone didn’t provoke the killings, and there’s no evidence his prescribed use of Zoloft was a factor in the crime.

https://www.cpr.org/2018/08/06/what-led-james-holmes-into-the-aurora-theater-shooting-new-book-suggests-answers-arent-likely/

• 2 weeks later...

Remember when a couple of pages back i asked if theaters were worried about potential violence at Joker screenings? well the U.S. Military seems to be...

The U.S. military has warned service members about the potential for a mass shooter at screenings of the Warner Bros. film Joker, which has sparked wide concerns from, among others, the families of those killed during the 2012 mass shooting in Aurora, Colorado.

The U.S. Army confirmed on Tuesday that the warning was widely distributed after social media posts related to extremists classified as “incels,” were uncovered by intelligence officials at the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

In a September 18th email, service members were instructed to remain aware of their surroundings and “identify two escape routes” when entering theaters. In the event of a shooting, they were instructed to “run, hide, fight.”

“Run if you can,” the safety notice said. “If you’re stuck, hide (also known as ‘sheltering in place’), and stay quiet. If a shooter finds you, fight with whatever you can.”

The Army said it became aware of potential threats after receiving a bulletin from the FBI, but that it was unaware of any specific plots or suspects. The notice, which was marked “For Official Use Only,” was relayed purely as a precautionary measure, it said.

Yeah I'm probably gonna wait a couple of days to catch this one...