Update: Biden administration's new "Remain in Mexico" policy is EVEN MORE restrictive than the Imbecile's

• 3 weeks later...

Centrist dem immigration policy is a dumpster fire too. It's just not as clearly based in racial and ethnic bigotry, so there is that I guess...

54 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Centrist dem immigration policy is a dumpster fire too. It's just not as clearly based in racial and ethnic bigotry, so there is that I guess...

I think it is too early to judge Biden just yet.   He has been good on DACA and reigning in ICE. A lot of these agencies act fairly independently and it takes time to fix things.

Progressives just being whiny babies cause Biden hasn't met their crazy expectation a little over a month into his presidency. People need to calm the fuck down.

3 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I think it is too early to judge Biden just yet.   He has been good on DACA and reigning in ICE. A lot of these agencies act fairly independently and it takes time to fix things.

Progressives just being whiny babies cause Biden hasn't met their crazy expectation a little over a month into his presidency. People need to calm the fuck down.

Obama policy was trash, and Biden policy is Obama policy for the most part. Obama policy being better than Clinton/Bush/Trump isn’t saying much.

18 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Obama policy was trash, and Biden policy is Obama policy for the most part. Obama policy being better than Clinton/Bush/Trump isn’t saying much.

Biden has already been more progressive than Obama on economic policy. Biden has pleasantly surprised me on some things so I'm just waiting and seeing.  I think it is a mistake to believe Obama policy and Biden policy are one in the same especially with 4 years of Trump in between.

I don't have anything emotionally invested in Biden. I do think he was the best choice to try to stabilize the country after the insanity of Trump but he is a placeholder. I'm perfectly fine trashing him on thing that he specifically ordered or not doing enough during his presidency. Shit like the article above takes time to fix.

Progressives are just annoying sometimes especially with their "If it isn't exactly perfect it is a disaster" attitude.

I’m just going off of what Biden has said and posted on his campaign site regarding immigration. It’s pretty much just a return to Obama era policy. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it’s not.

I’m also decidedly NOT a progressive, though I am whiny

Again, low bar. Myself being so strongly connected with undocumented immigrants, particularly from the southern border, I simply do not believe these policies are good enough. They aren't humane enough. And they make no sense in our modern economic context to boot.

I did chuckle though when my right hand man in my construction business, who is an undocumented fellow from El Salvador, told me on inauguration day that "EVERYBODY is coming now" :lol: I was like, bruh, don't tell our conservative friends...

The Biden administration is preparing to convert its immigrant family detention centers in South Texas into Ellis-Island-style rapid-processing hubs that will screen migrant parents and children with a goal of releasing them into the United States within 72 hours, according to Department of Homeland Security draft plans obtained by The Washington Post.

The plans show the Biden administration is racing to absorb a growing number of migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border amid shortages of bed space and personnel. Republicans and some Democrats fear that relaxing detention policies will exacerbate a surge that is already straining the Biden administration.
Transforming family detention amounts to a wholesale repudiation not only of the Trump administration’s policies but also those of former president Obama, and presents a dramatically new vision of how to handle the fast-changing character of mass migration at the southern border.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:
50925470188-4505b51ac8-k.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

"Some of the boys said that conditions were so overcrowded that they had to take turns sleeping on the floor," a lawyer who interviewed the children told CBS News.

I really hope this war crime is the next thing on Biden's agenda.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 7:17 PM, Greatoneshere said:

I really hope this war crime is the next thing on Biden's agenda.

If by “on his agenda” you mean continuing to put kids in cages, it certainly is. It’s getting worse on scale as migrants are coming in much larger numbers because they believed Trump being gone would mean things going back to how they were before.

Dems didn’t really care

27 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If by “on his agenda” you mean continuing to put kids in cages, it certainly is. It’s getting worse on scale as migrants are coming in much larger numbers because they believed Trump being gone would mean things going back to how they were before.

Dems didn’t really care

Yep.

Unrelated but I just thought that reuniting families of undocumented or unaccompanied people would be a good place to offer the J&J vaccine as outreach to a vulnerable community. Might get some bellyaching from the right but that will be forgotten here in a few months anyway.

I don't think it's that people don't care, we just don't know who or what information to trust. Every single thing that happens is hailed as both the best thing to happen and a total catastrophe. This is so polarized and confusing and difficult to understand. Every thing that happens is spun and twisted to hell until we get to the point where nothing even feels right anymore.

Is there a surge or is it bullshit? I've seen information affirming both. Did Biden screw everything up? Have numbers been trending this way for months? Did Obma keep kids in cages too? What's happening? Who knows. What is the truth? We don't know. There is so much confusion and misdirection and nonsense out there that this news story almost feels impossible to follow.

Go find whatever truth you want, because it's all out there.

This is politics in 2021 and make no mistake... this is by design. This is the system operating as designed.

People theoretically care in the sense that they don't like the idea of kids in cages. Even the average GOP voter is bothered by it, they just think it's their fault for coming here in the first place. But largely we do not care enough to demand actual change. America's terrible treatment of migrants at the southern border didn't begin or end with Trump, it's been this way pretty much my entire life. Now we just have better documentation of the things that we used to be able to shield our eyes from.

8 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

People theoretically care in the sense that they don't like the idea of kids in cages. Even the average GOP voter is bothered by it, they just think it's their fault for coming here in the first place. But largely we do not care enough to demand actual change. America's terrible treatment of migrants at the southern border didn't begin or end with Trump, it's been this way pretty much my entire life. Now we just have better documentation of the things that we used to be able to shield our eyes from.

9780691182155.jpg?fit=fill&fill=solid&fi
PRESS.PRINCETON.EDU

The unknown history of deportation and of the fear that shapes immigrants' lives

I think a lot of people on the right don't care and want people in cages.

Their entire political stance on this issue seems to be to dehumanize and villainize these people.

My question really is this... I know that we can't simply put up a sign that says, hey, everyone come on in! But at the same time, is this really that big of a problem? We're the wealthiest country in the world with more space than we know what to do with. Surely we can handle some immigrants.

I don't know. I know this is a tricky problem, but step one should be compassion and treating people coming over as victims instead of criminals.

23 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

Even if they make all gun sales illegal it's not going to stop people from printing guns that will continue to be easier to do.

7 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

People can grow their own weed but buying is it so much easier

What does this have to do with concentration camps? 

8 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Dems didn’t really care

Yeah I'm really sad to see the needle hasn't moved on this yet. I'm hoping it does but Biden seems to be very centrist on this issue particularly.

2 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yeah I'm really sad to see the needle hasn't moved on this yet. I'm hoping it does but Biden seems to be very centrist on this issue particularly.

It's only been 3 months, I'd like to be optimistic and say this is on a list of things to be improved. Maybe concentrating on vaccinating the American people was a priority focus.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Wasn't sure where this fit, but this seems as good a place as any for previous atrocities/crimes:

Like a sitcom scene where a husband keeps admitting shit he did because his wife said "we need to talk" and he won't stop guessing what he is in trouble for.

• Haha 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:40 PM, sblfilms said:

I’m just going off of what Biden has said and posted on his campaign site regarding immigration. It’s pretty much just a return to Obama era policy. I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it’s not.

I’m also decidedly NOT a progressive, though I am whiny

You're so progressive you're basically Flo :|