Update: Biden administration's new "Remain in Mexico" policy is EVEN MORE restrictive than the Imbecile's

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

What the actual FUCK

We already know they're losing thousands of kids. It's grotesque and in a just world these people losing children would be treated as the Nazis we8 coming out of WWII.

However, these kids are all brown and there is a sizable portion of the population that just doesn't care.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I guess part of it for me is that it still fucking hurts to read. I can't imagine the hell that parents and children are going through, and makes me sick to think about what we've done, as a country, to these people and the situation they are now in. It just hurts.

It absolutely is. I have three kids, ages 2, 3, and 4, and my three year old daughter is on the spectrum. I read these stories and I see them and it just puts the ugliest knot in my stomach. I think of my three year old and how she's virtually nonverbal, doesn't even know how to call me daddy, but is also the happiest child in Earth. A lot of these kids getting lost can't speak. Not can't speak English. Just can't speak.

However, I'm a brown minority that was raised in a minority-majority city in the middle of a very white Massachusetts. The only public highschool in my hometown housed thousands of kids and we lost our accreditation halfway through my tenure there mostly because it was run on a shoestring budget. You grow up around that with the hope and faith you'll lift yourself out of that while carrying the knowledge that the vast majority of the white voting age folk just a half mile away in the next town over just don't care. You're absolutely invisible and may as well be some collateral damage in the Middle East mentioned in a footnote in their Sunday paper.

It doesn't make it better, but the context makes it an obvious outcome.

• Thanks 1

ICE Guards “Systematically” Sexually Assault Detainees in an El Paso Detention Center, Lawyers Say (ProPublica)

Guards in an immigrant detention center in El Paso sexually assaulted and harassed inmates in a “pattern and practice” of abuse, according to a complaint filed by a Texas advocacy group urging the local district attorney and federal prosecutors to conduct a criminal investigation.

The allegations, detailed in a filing first obtained by ProPublica and The Texas Tribune, maintain that guards systematically assaulted at least three people in a facility overseen by Immigration and Customs Enforcement — often in areas of the detention center not visible to security cameras. The guards told victims that no one would believe them because footage did not exist and the harassment involved officers as high-ranking as a lieutenant.

• Guillotine 3

22 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

ICE and CBP go to the wall.  All of them.

I'm not usually a fan of the whole "prison violence is justice" idea but you know what, fuck it, throw them in gen pop and tell all the other prisoners who they are and what they did.

Trump Cabinet officials voted in 2018 White House meeting to separate migrant children, say officials

At the meeting, Miller accused anyone opposing zero tolerance of being a lawbreaker and un-American, according to the two officials present.

"If we don't enforce this, it is the end of our country as we know it," Miller said, according to the two officials. It was not unusual for Miller to make claims like that, but this time he was adamant that the policy move forward, regardless of arguments about resources and logistics.

No one in the meeting made the case that separating families would be inhumane or immoral, the officials said. Any moral argument about immigration "fell on deaf ears" inside the White House, one of the officials said.

There is no death that is too slow nor too painful for Stephen Miller.  And his wife.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Trump Cabinet officials voted in 2018 White House meeting to separate migrant children, say officials

There is no death that is too slow nor too painful for Stephen Miller.  And his wife.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingchi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flaying

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...