Update: Biden administration's new "Remain in Mexico" policy is EVEN MORE restrictive than the Imbecile's

9 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Do not pick a fight with a Latina, GOP. You'll regret it.

15 years of marriage to a Latina makes me verify this as 100% fact.

On 6/22/2019 at 5:50 PM, legend said:

This is the kind of shit I'd laugh at in a movie because it seemed "comically evil."  Nope. Real life. 

Same. What I've realized these last few years is that there's a reason movies have been trotting out these tropes for decades. It's because it's real, and always has been, we just thought society was self aware enough now (thanks to movies and media) that we knew better than to just be so stupidly and overtly evil (if for no other reason than to not get caught) but haha no joke's on us, powerful and rich evil people exist and are numerous and get away with everything, didn't you know?

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

You lost me at "some point these Gulags will be shut down". You sure about that? I agree with the second part either way though. 

Given that the conditions that DOJ lawyer was defending last week was based in policy created during the Clinton administration, seems like America’s standards for caring for migrant children isn’t going to change for the significantly better any time soon.

People have been fighting these conditions for decades, what has happened in the Trump presidency is the scale of the problem has ratcheted up immensely.

Also, the DOJ was arguing that the ambiguity in those laws allowed them to withhold soap and toothpaste and better blankets because none of those things are necessary for a safe and sanitary environment. The judges here were dumbfounded by the idea that anyone would argue that, at a minimum, soap wasn't necessary for a sanitary environment.