Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns for A Very Violent Valentine's Feb. 9th

13 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

Well great news @SimpleGthere are multiple reports that a 4K version of Near Dark will be getting released later this year!

Yea, theres no street date and its a UK release from Studio Canal which means Ill be paying an ass ton to get it here. I think when I bought Prince Of Darkness and They Live 4k it was like $50-$60 a film after shipping.

• SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns October 8th for it's next Halloween Special!!
  • 4 weeks later...

I was impressed with "Angel", hadn't even heard of it before while the lead was portrayed by the same girl who I always thought was the "cute one" in Jaws 2 ... she aged between those two films & most definitely did NOT look like a high school girl! Still though, solid & entertaining for sure and that killer ... fucking CREEPY!

• 1 month later...
  • SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns December 17th for it's next Christmas Special & Auction!!

The kinda-theme for tonight's movies is gifts to one another.

Joe Bob's gift to Darcy

Spoiler

Ice Cream Man (1995) - IMDb'

I felt bad for Darcy. He really hyped it and Darcy was hoping it was Halloween III but nope! I guess it did fit the theme of ruining Christmas for Darcy. :p

Darcy's gift to Joe Bob

Spoiler

Gator Bait (1973) - IMDb

Looks fun but it's getting late.

• Haha 1

• SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns February 11th for it's next Valentine's Special!!
  • 3 weeks later...

That was A LOT of fun & a hell of a great way to get to the end of my quarantine. While not a huge fan of Black Roses, this was actually my first time watching Frankenhooker & it lived up to the premise & beyond even, so kudos to the Drive In team for putting together an awesome night!

• SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns April 29th for the Next New Season!!!
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately Darcy put it to rest on Friday that Joe Bob still says no ... HOWEVER ... it was April Fools' Day when she said that so who knows? Wouldn't mind having Tom Atkins on the premiere episode. That being said though, considering "Near Dark" is available this month again on Shudder, I'd much rather that be shown!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

FREAKING SVENGOOLIE! Also, had no idea I could still watch his show so I am totally stoked for his showing of "Invaders From Mars" airing at 8p EST on MeTV on Saturday night!

Duuuude I grew up watching Svengoolie , so many memories. I used to love him and Commander USA Groovie Movie and of of course Up all night was a staple .

• Like 1

Awesome show tonight! Totally on board with more Halloweens to celebrate throughout the year and this is seemingly a new annual celebration for us Mutants going forward so that's awesometacular! Excited to see what they happen to have in store next week for Friday the 13th as that franchise isn't on Shudder (as well as the fact that Joe Bob can NEVER top his Monstervision F13th marathon he did in the 90's!) so I'm stoked!

Happy Friday the 13th!

For the record:

Remake (12)

Jason X (10)

Freddy vs Jason (11)

Jason Goes to Hell (9)

Fuck New Line Cinema.

Anyway...

Movie #1

Spoiler

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane (1976) - IMDb

Movie #2 (Really looking forward to this one)

Spoiler

Housebound (2014) - IMDb

• Haha 1