Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns for A Very Violent Valentine's Feb. 9th

Not sure there are any of you who have a subscription to Shudder but we're about an hour into the weekly Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs and they're showing C.H.U.D. (Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers) and I am fucking loving it! Pure nostalgia and awesomeness, definitely worth checking out! (This shit is trending all over Twitter ya'll!)

*Updates thread whenever there's news*

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This Friday, August 14th, will be an episode filmed way back in February (before the ongoing global bastard took hold) where Adam Green, Kane Hodder, Felissa Rose and a couple other costars of Victor Crowley will be joining Joe Bob & Darcy the Mailgirl for a double feature. First will be a Roger Corman classic (Slumber Party Massacre anybody!?) as well as the 4th Hatchet film 'Victor Crowley'. Should be a great time, get your snacks & PJs ready!

4 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Are these archived on Shudder? Before my son was born I used to do 31 Horror movies in 31 Days leading up to Halloween. I wanna try and do it again this year and these would be perfect to play. 

Actually yes all of his Last Drive In specials are available on Shudder to watch either in their entirety or movie by movie. 

So not only did we get 'Slumber Party Massacre 2' & 'Victor Crowley' as the two films of the night, but arguably THE VERY BEST episode of The Last Drive In yet! Especially with Adam, Kane, & Felissa being there, the whole show felt familial in a way and just was so wholesome & genuine.

Meanwhile, Shudder announced that they are increasing the monthly fee up to $5.99/month (or if you are a current subscriber, lock in a rate of $3.99/month for a year with a one time purchase of just over $43 - offer ends August 23rd.) 

Totally worth the price of admission and I wouldn't blink an eye if it ever did hit $10/month honestly just for how great the content has been, especially in the last 12-18 months! 

15 hours ago, SoberChef said:

So not only did we get 'Slumber Party Massacre 2' & 'Victor Crowley' as the two films of the night, but arguably THE VERY BEST episode of The Last Drive In yet! Especially with Adam, Kane, & Felissa being there, the whole show felt familial in a way and just was so wholesome & genuine.

Meanwhile, Shudder announced that they are increasing the monthly fee up to $5.99/month (or if you are a current subscriber, lock in a rate of $3.99/month for a year with a one time purchase of just over $43 - offer ends August 23rd.) 

Totally worth the price of admission and I wouldn't blink an eye if it ever did hit $10/month honestly just for how great the content has been, especially in the last 12-18 months! 

Def plan on signing up as we get closer to October. When I was single I used to do 31 Horror movies in 31 days through October. Haven’t tried it since I’ve been married/had kids. But gonna see if I can pull it off again this year. 

• Like 1

• SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns October 23rd for a Halloween Hideaway!!
  • SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns December 10th for Joe Bob Saves Christmas!
  • SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns December 11th for Joe Bob Saves Christmas!
5 hours ago, 69los said:

Black Christmas and/or Silent Night, Deadly Night 2

Both have already been shown in prior Xmas themed shows as have Phantasm's 1, 3, 4, & 5 as well as Jack Frost. Truly haven't a clue as to what J.B., Darcy, & Shudder have planned this year which makes it all that more exciting!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, SoberChef said:

Both have already been shown in prior Xmas themed shows as have Phantasm's 1, 3, 4, & 5 as well as Jack Frost. Truly haven't a clue as to what J.B., Darcy, & Shudder have planned this year which makes it all that more exciting!

Finally got around to watching these. Thought something was odd when I saw 8 seasons of Last Drive In on IMDB but only 2 seasons worth under a specific Shudder heading. Didn't know the holiday ones, as well as many others, were under a different heading.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns February 12th for V-Day Special!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SoberChef changed the title to Shudder - The Last Drive-In w/ Joe Bob Briggs Returns April 16th for it's 3rd Season!!
  • 1 month later...

It was so cool getting to have Eli's commentary throughout the night. Having Joe Bob, Darcy, & the rest of the crew back for Friday nights is just wholesome comfort food for me at this point. The next couple months is gonna be great & will give me something to work toward, & look forward to week to week.