Your worst gaming purchase experience?

Zaku3

15 minutes ago, prevail said:

The internet says Half-Life 2 came out November 16, 2004 – 08:00:00 UTC

I seriously doubt you meant 8:00 UTC

Either way it's not a big deal so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree

https://steamdb.info/app/220/

Going for the deep dive? Game released in the states late at night and due to high volume  traffic the final files didn't unlock right away but it did unlock after a few hours and thus I was able to play the game early morning.  I'm in PST btw. 

13 hours ago, prevail said:

Are you autistic or something? Because nobody would remember all that from 2004. Seek some help, seriously.

All I can remember is getting the boxed retail version from the mall then going home and Steam was overloaded and nobody could play at that time. I don't remember what time it was because my memory is normal. I was 15 years old and am also PST.

This is a weird flex you’ve got going on. 

So having a good memory of a significant gaming events is grounds for having a mental disability? I can tell you some other games off the top of my head that came out in 2004 and they include Doom 3, Metal Gear Solid 3, Halo 2, Metroid Prime 2 because they were major franchises. 

21 hours ago, prevail said:

Are you autistic or something? Because nobody would remember all that from 2004. Seek some help, seriously.

21 hours ago, prevail said:

Nah, it just makes you a nerd. (Just kidding) I am admittedly a PC nerd and have been lurking these forums for a while. I don't want to have any forum enemies.

:notsure:

I’m genuinely enjoying this conversation so far. Mostly the last couple of responses. But please do try to keep it civil, y’all. 

On topic, I’ve never had a bad experience when actively buying a game. Way back in the day, Street Fighter II hit the SNES. After saving up my money, my mom took me to the mall to get it. I bought the game, no problem, but my sisters were hungry so we stopped in the food court before leaving. I didn’t want to sit around, so I asked if I could go in the arcade which was connected to the food court. I left all my stuff there with my family and played some

games. They actually came to get me after a few minutes, and I asked for my Street Fighter II I had just bought. My mom said “You didn’t bring it with you? Must be back at the table, then!”

A rush of fear and panic washed over me as I darted over to the food court where they were to find...nothing. Table was cleared, chairs were put back and nothing sitting on them or under. Apparently my game was gone. Some lucky S.O.B. just happened upon an unguarded, brand-new, $70+ copy of Street Fighter II. I was devastated. 

I slinked back to my family, and kind of gave a half-hearted shrug. The game was gone. Whoever took it was undoubtedly long gone, and definitely NOT gonna give it to the mall’s Lost and Found (assuming they even had one of those) I just wanted to go home.

Suddenly, my mom shoves the game into my arms. Astonished and confused, I look up to her, and she says; “Always look after your things. Don’t assume anyone else will for you.” 

It was a hard lesson to learn. But I learned it hard that day, lol. 

On 3/29/2019 at 12:18 PM, Mercury33 said:

LOL I was also coming in here to post this.

But actually on topic:  When I was a kid I once bought a Sega 32X game not realizing that it wouldn't work in my regular Genesis.  I was heartbroken when I got home :cry:

Similar story I think I sent my cousin and my mom to get me a Genesis game and they came home with a I think it's a master drive game. Definately an LOL moment.

Also as a follow up the DLC is up on that site. Just the thought of it is triggering my PTSD. I tried to order it. It's a pretty good deal for DLC. I think like 20 missions for 24.99. I could also use the bonus items and money you get.