Notch scrubbed from Minecraft

RedSoxFan9

17 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

If it doesn’t interest you that’s cool, but it’s not nothing. It IS a change, and it’s worth pointing out considering what this guy is all about. 

Not really, the splash screen has had some like 400 messages throughout the games lifespan. "Made by Notch" and "The Work of Notch" are just two out of those 400. It makes sense that they would get rotated out eventually, Notch even made a joke about this when he stepped down and created "Made by Jeb!" the new lead developer of Minecraft.

He is still credited in the games credits, its not like he got axed entirely.

13 minutes ago, Nokt said:

Not really, the splash screen has had some like 400 messages throughout the games lifespan. "Made by Notch" and "The Work of Notch" are just two out of those 400. It makes sense that they would get rotated out eventually, Notch even made a joke about this when he stepped down and created "Made by Jeb!" the new lead developer of Minecraft.

He is still credited in the games credits, its not like he got axed entirely.

Sure it’s possible they were naturally rotated out, but I don’t find it all that likely. And again, not unreasonable to have a story about its removal, especially (again) considering this guy’s views. 

I’m not sure what legal precedent exists for video game credits, but I would imagine that is a fight they don’t wanna have if hey don’t have to. But he’s not able to do anything about the menu screen messages, so why not get him out of there. 

This is also not something likely done with a beloved, non-racist creator, even if he had given up the franchise. 

51 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

If it doesn’t interest you that’s cool, but it’s not nothing. It IS a change, and it’s worth pointing out considering what this guy is all about. 

yeah he was complaining about it in some now deleted tweets.  I'm surprised Microsoft left his name on the title screen for so long

18 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Sure it’s possible they were naturally rotated out, but I don’t find it all that likely. And again, not unreasonable to have a story about its removal, especially (again) considering this guy’s views.  

I’m not sure what legal precedent exists for video game credits, but I would imagine that is a fight they don’t wanna have if hey don’t have to. But he’s not able to do anything about the menu screen messages, so why not get him out of there.  

This is also not something likely done with a beloved, non-racist creator, even if he had given up the franchise. 

If it has something to do with his views and tweets this should/would have been done a long time ago

7 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Should have certainly. 

So why wait this long to have them replaced? He stepped down in 2011 and the buyout was in 2014, his views were very apparent soon after he left Mojang.

I find it unlikely this was a deliberate move to get them taken out. Microsoft would have forced their hand earlier if this was the case.

58 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Okay, I have kept no track of him because all I vaguely knew was he was a dick.

4 hours ago, Nokt said:

So why wait this long to have them replaced? He stepped down in 2011 and the buyout was in 2014, his views were very apparent soon after he left Mojang.

I find it unlikely this was a deliberate move to get them taken out. Microsoft would have forced their hand earlier if this was the case.

I dunno why it took them so long. Enough was enough I guess. 

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. You think it was just happenstance, I think it was very much intentional based on his horrible behavior. I guess that's that.