Borderlands 3 | Official Thread of Memeriffic Shlooting, update: PS5 vs Xbox Series X|S technical analyses from Digital Foundry

Mr.Vic20

I just finished the second vault tonight and hit level 35. Having a lot of fun, but I am kinda disappointed as to how much of the game has been on Eden-6 so far as I was hoping for more planetary variety. 

I've run into a few bugs as well.  Today I encountered two.  First was a mission with Chad who just wants to do stunts. He just kinda floated away into a stone, never to be seen again until the area was reloaded.  Secondly, a boss I was fighting vanished and never appeared again.  After waiting, the game stated I killed it and to pickup a quest item.  I had to reload the area to get the quest item. 

I had lilith get stuck on the ramp at the very beginning when starting out with the agent/operative guy Zane.

Anyway maybe the game took away muh heads n' skins fer a good reason. I was misusing them like it was Saint's Row.

Doctor Amerihorse (TM) w/ radiation gun and his pistol packing sidekick Patriotic Macaquespacer.png

15 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

So for some reason I cannot farm any of these bosses. I kill the boss, quit, load back in and it has saved after beating the boss. I can’t just jump back down to keep trying to kill them to try to get their legendary to drop. Is boss farming just not possible in the Xbox version? 

Dis you complete and turn in the quest? It doesn’t work until the quest has been completed.

9 hours ago, Dodger said:

Dis you complete and turn in the quest? It doesn’t work until the quest has been completed.

No. Videos I’d seen were like “beat the boss, quite game, load back in, beat boss again.”  

So, last night I played with a friend for the first time, and the game was significantly easier. I don’t mean just the normal kind of easier because there was now more than me for the enemies to shoot at. The game spawned fewer big enemies. 

In areas where heavies would spawn 2-3 at a time, the game would spawn NONE in coop or maybe just one. 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

Enjoying the game quite a bit, though I think it would be nice if there were more vending machines around so I could sell my loot more frequently.

I am to but I my issues are

Either I have poor RNG  or most of the enemies feel way to bullet spongey

"Harder" encounters where you have multiple BA spawn in a room all firing rockets are not fun, they arnt hard they just drag it out.

Again bosses feel the same way , just super spongey, really need to make them more interesting.

Ammo issues early on

2 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Enjoying the game quite a bit, though I think it would be nice if there were more vending machines around so I could sell my loot more frequently.

He can be taken down before he transforms. I eneded up kiting him around the room for ever.

9 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

just beat 

Reveal hidden contents

Upgrading the backpack has really saved me. Don’t sleep on buying those upgrades. Also knowing there is a lost loot bin that auto collects blues and higher is something I take advantage on. 

I may may leave a few blues and purples and just collect them on Sanctuary after I’ve sold off some stuff. You can also upgrade how many lost items that bin can hold. 

You can also use the fast travel system to your advantage. Leave your vehicle at your current location, fast travel back to the fast travel check point at the beginning to the area, sell your stuff, fast travel back to your vehicle. 

52 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Upgrading the backpack has really saved me. Don’t sleep on buying those upgrades. Also knowing there is a lost loot bin that auto collects blues and higher is something I take advantage on. 

oh I've upgraded my backpack. I can hold 31 items now at the moment. Problem is the upgrades costs more than I have  :( 

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Billions of guns, sevens of backpack slots. Why not just make your backpack as unlimited as possible? Seems like a weird, arbitrary limitation at this point.

I’m sure there is some gameplay/economy balance reason behind it. Limited inventory slots seems to be a staple of looters. Seemingly a carry-over from RPGs and MMOs. 

Keeps you from hoarding trash. Gives you something to spend currency on (real money, in the case of MMOs and F2P). Also giving you something else to chase all game long as prices increase on the space expansions. 

4 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Billions of guns, sevens of backpack slots. Why not just make your backpack as unlimited as possible? Seems like a weird, arbitrary limitation at this point.

The problem with these games is that there a billion guns, but only like 50 are worth a damn

9 minutes ago, Dodger said:

The problem with these games is that there a billion guns, but only like 50 are worth a damn

And all the ones that are are almost exclusively just, like, regular guns. The most regular guns with the highest DPS. I remember that bugged me so much in Borderlands 2. There'd be all this wacky bullshit that did awful damage but was interesting gameplay wise. Then you'd get a machine gun that fired normal bullets and it'd wreck shop.

2K takes a victory lap for commercial performance of Borderlands 3

• Borderlands is now the second franchise in 2K history to generate $1 billion in bookings.
  • Borderlands 3 has sold-in more than 5 million units in its first five days
  • Borderlands 3 has sold 50% more copies than Borderlands 2 in the same five day launch window.
  • Borderlands 3 sold 70% of its copies as digital, inching that metric ever higher for AAA games.
  • Borderlands 3 was the most pre-ordered game in the short history of the Epic store, and 2K’s most pre-ordered game ever.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:33 PM, SFLUFAN said:

That "sold 5 million" ... was not really the truth

More like shipped 5 million and it looks like BL3 sales may have caused 2k stock price to drop

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67756/borderlands-3-sales-milestone-causes-stocks-dip/index.html

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

That "sold 5 million" ... was not really the truth

More like shipped 5 million and it looks like BL3 sales may have caused 2k stock price to drop

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67756/borderlands-3-sales-milestone-causes-stocks-dip/index.html

Fake news.

Game is the most successful game ever and single handedly saved 2k.

56 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Who is the most fun to play? I don't really care about min-maxing, which is why I love this series and it's stupid guns. I've heard that the boring guns are the best in 3, but what I care about is run-and-gun fun gameplay. Any characters stand above the others in terms of raw entertainment?

Depends on what play style feels the most fun to you. Amara, the siren, has a pretty potent melee build where you may be punching as many of not more enemies than you shoot. 

Zane has a build that is all about throwing out his clone and drone and staying on the move, because his kill skills grant movement speed, and he’s got a perk that increases damage based on how fast your moving. 

Fl4k has his pets, but really he’s all about his Crit build. Go invisible, get 100% crits, and watch every enemy melt away. 

The other one, well, girl who rides in a walking tank. 

14 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Depends on what play style feels the most fun to you. Amara, the siren, has a pretty potent melee build where you may be punching as many of not more enemies than you shoot. 

Zane has a build that is all about throwing out his clone and drone and staying on the move, because his kill skills grant movement speed, and he’s got a perk that increases damage based on how fast your moving. 

Fl4k has his pets, but really he’s all about his Crit build. Go invisible, get 100% crits, and watch every enemy melt away. 

The other one, well, girl who rides in a walking tank. 

Sounds like Zane is the one I'll be looking into the most! Thanks!