Streets of Rage 4 - Information Thread, update - "Mr. X Nightmare" DLC announced

Commissar SFLUFAN

Smashing Punks Feels Great in SoR4

It’s impossible to tell from a one-level demo whether or not it will succeed, or whether the beat-em-up genre has any gas left in it at all in 2019. From what I played at the Game Developers Conference last week in advance of its public debut at PAX East this weekend, it seems to be coming along well.

• 2 months later...

I wish they'd revive these types of games and also add some depth. I love Final Fight and SoR but this ultimately looks like it turned out to be little more than facelift. 

I would've loved to have seen them add a robust combo system, fleshed-out level design with branching paths like Final Fight 3 kind of attempted to do, and whatever else. These games were really fun but there's so much opportunity for cool additions to me. 

• 2 months later...

Streets of Rage 4 is disgustingly good – and it isn’t just about preying on nostalgia (VG247)

All told, it’s shaping up to be everything that I could’ve wanted. In the middle of a Gamescom where I saw uncertain triple-A behemoths and intriguing new genre mash-ups, Streets of Rage 4 was a blissful, well-polished slice of the familiar that still somehow managed to feel fresh and new. I cannot wait.

‘Streets of Rage 4’ is shaping up to be a worthy sequel (Engadget)

So, yeah, against all odds, Streets of Rage 4 has won me over in record time. While the developers haven't announced when the game will arrive, we do know that it'll be available on all the expected platforms: PlayStation, Xbox, Switch and PC. I imagine Dotemu will continue to trickle out information on characters, enemies, music and the like over the coming weeks and months before announcing the release date and pricing.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, SoberChef said:

They don't have the Kangaroo...fuck that game I'm out! :lol:

No seriously though, holy freaking shit balls of fire that is AMAZING!!! Like they didn't already have my day 1 money, this is insanity!!!

You are right, where is the Roo!