Cabinet coup happening in UK to remove May as PM

London (CNN) British lawmakers have temporarily seized control of the Brexit process from Prime Minister Theresa May, in a rare move that puts lawmakers in the driving seat.

MPs voted in defiance of the government on Monday for an amendment, carried by 329 to 302, giving them control of Parliament's agenda on Wednesday and clearing the way for a series of alternative votes to May's widely criticized withdrawal agreement with the European Union.

:dumpster_fire:

• Haha 1

Apparently her demand was "I will step down as PM, but only if you continue with Brexit," lol. She was against Brexit to begin with. So really she is saying "I will leave politics as long as you continue my policies. But only the ones that I was against with before becoming leader. Which you now want me gone from, so keep the thing that I was pushing."

The UK is so fucked. They have no party with integrity because they are all catering to the nationalist/populist urges of racists and morons.

40 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Apparently her demand was "I will step down as PM, but only if you continue with Brexit," lol. She was against Brexit to begin with. So really she is saying "I will leave politics as long as you continue my policies. But only the ones that I was against with before becoming leader. Which you now want me gone from, so keep the thing that I was pushing."

The UK is so fucked. They have no party with integrity because they are all catering to the nationalist/populist urges of racists and morons.

"You'd better make me a promise you won't have to keep once I'm out of office!"

8 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

While I think brexit is stupid, it was democratically voted on. It should not be abandoned.

Claiming it’s racists and morons who want to leave the EU is ridiculous. I know a bunch of Dutch people who feel the EU has only harmed their country economically, and according to them it’s a common feeling in Eastern Europe for two decades now.

34 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

While I think brexit is stupid, it was democratically voted on. It should not be abandoned.

The Brexit vote was a non-binding referendum. The UK government never actually had to honor the results. 

8 hours ago, TheGreatGamble said:

Claiming it’s racists and morons who want to leave the EU is ridiculous. I know a bunch of Dutch people who feel the EU has only harmed their country economically, and according to them it’s a common feeling in Eastern Europe for two decades now.

The Netherlands aren't exactly Eastern Europe...