D1P Fortnite Thread - v5.2 Update!

Slug

4 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

All of my wins have been cheap. I wait for the last 2-3 guys fight it out and swoop in at the end of it for easy pickings. If there is no big fight, I typically lose because I can’t build for shit. 

I technically have 3 solo wins but...

Win #1 - 4 kills.  I'm hiding in a 1x1 because I don't know where the last 2 enemies are.  All of a sudden play player counter goes from 3 to my screen saying "Victory Royale!".  I check the replay and they had gotten into a fight.  Player A shotguns player B in the face for a kill, then falls off a cliff trying to grab his loot. :|

Win #2 - 3 kills.  I'm again hiding in a 1x1 when all of a sudden the player counter goes from 3 to "Victory Royale!".  The last 2 opponents were fighting each other on a ramp and then mid fight they each threw down a quick wall and traps and insta -kill each other.  Again, I have nothing to do with the end of the match. :P

Win #3 - 8 kills.  Set my previous personal kill record in this one.  Everything felt smooth, all the fights went my way, and I finished it with a flying jump-pad-off-a-mountain shotgun blast.  My one and only "actual" win. :D

2 hours ago, AndrewDean84 said:

I've still yet to get a duo win with my brother, but continue to get solo wins regularly. 

I'm getting to the point where I'm top 10 regularly, but pulling out the win still eludes me. I'll get there. :D

7 hours ago, AndrewDean84 said:

Yeah, top 10 is usually a given in solo, unless I'm trying for challenges.

My biggest problem is I have a hard time tracking people.  Once I lose sight of someone in a battle, I have the worst time reacquiring them.  Verticality is the devil; whether I take high ground or they do, once they're out of sight I'm dead 75% of the time because I can't get them back in my crosshairs.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

My biggest problem is I have a hard time tracking people.  Once I lose sight of someone in a battle, I have the worst time reacquiring them.  Verticality is the devil; whether I take high ground or they do, once they're out of sight I'm dead 75% of the time because I can't get them back in my crosshairs.

Are you playing on PC exclusively?  I found playing on PC, the bar for being consistently good being very high.  I can't compete with the twitchyness of M/K.  I only game with controllers,  even on PC.  

I will say though, since the inclusion of gyro aiming, I've gotten better with aiming.  It's just so much easier to fine tune aiming with moving my hands than using a joystick.  The way I broke it down for my brother was, you still do 90% of the aiming with the stick, you just do slight motions for adjustments. 

2 minutes ago, AndrewDean84 said:

Are you playing on PC exclusively?  I found playing on PC, the bar for being consistently good being very high.  I can't compete with the twitchyness of M/K.  I only game with controllers,  even on PC.  

I will say though, since the inclusion of gyro aiming, I've gotten better with aiming.  It's just so much easier to fine tune aiming with moving my hands than using a joystick.  The way I broke it down for my brother was, you still do 90% of the aiming with the stick, you just do slight motions for adjustments. 

I do play on PC exclusively.  The only time I get console players in my matches is if I'm running duos or squads with someone who is on a console.

Updated to v5.10(rev69) is LIVE:

BR UPDATES:

• Return of the guided rocket launcher!
  • New Limited Time Mode: Fly Explosives - It's like the old Explosives Only mode...PLUS JETPACKS!
  • Jetpack added to Playground for the duration of the Fly Explosives mode being in game.
  • Slurp Juice bugs fixed and Slurp Juice can once again be found in game.

OMG! The Fortnite bug finally caught me. I get why the game is so fun now. I played it off and on in the past but last night I stayed on it. Also had a little coaching from my son that has loved it for months and wow, I get it. I can't wait to get back on it. I need to get better at building but the little building skills I have took my game to a new level, again thanks to my so showing me, lol.

1 hour ago, Hurdyb1 said:

OMG! The Fortnite bug finally caught me. I get why the game is so fun now. I played it off and on in the past but last night I stayed on it. Also had a little coaching from my son that has loved it for months and wow, I get it. I can't wait to get back on it. I need to get better at building but the little building skills I have took my game to a new level, again thanks to my so showing me, lol.

Welcome aboard! :P

What's your Epic ID so we can add you for mediocre D1P action?!

• Haha 1

5.2 Update is Live

BR Changes:

• New Limited Time Mode - Steady Storm: No safe circle, storm constantly closes in and moves at a consistent pace.  Storm ticks health at 10 dmg/second.
  • New Weapon - Double Barreled Shotgun: High close-up burst damage with a significant damage drop off at distance.
  • Vending Machines have had their spawn rate increased and their material costs for items decreased.
  • Remote Explosives reduced pick-up amount from 4 to 3 and reduced max carrying capacity from 10 to 6.
  • Added a higher accuracy penalty to jumping and sprinting for Dual Pistols, Submachine Guns, and Hunting Rifles.
  • The weapon fire position now more closely follows the actual player position when crouching and un-crouching (shooting while leaving the crouched stance will no longer fire bullets from full standing height until the animation is complete).  This stops the technique known as "ghost peeking".

Those are the major BR changes.  There are a bunch of other tweaks and bug fixes.  Full patch notes, including Switch performance improvements, can be read at https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

What is this game now? I noticed they added NBA and before that some weird challenges thing?

The Metaverse of all relevant things in entertainment and sports.

Had NFL, NBA, World Cup, Marvel, DC Comics, John Wick, Star Wars, Halo, God of War, HZD, Aliens, Predator, Tomb Raider, Tik Tok Dances.

Probabaly more that's all I can remember.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I kind of fell off on this.  Too much mobility which sounds odd since I was a big fan of Tribes.  But yeah.  Instead of keeping it simple they kind of lost their shit with trying to make it into a crazy playground and it left me behind.  Shoot people and build shit?  Cool.  Shoot people, build shit, fly helicopters, jetpack, power-ups, crafting, fighter planes, zombies, boats, jetstreams, teleporters, mechas, etc. etc. etc....yeah that's a bit much.  Makes me wish they'd launch a "classic" server and just let it roll.  That'd bring me back.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...