D1P Fortnite Thread - v5.2 Update!

Slug

5 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Holy shit. You can’t be serious. That fucking sucks. 

Up yours, Sony. :| 

Yeah it does.  I'm primarily a PC player so it's no big deal since I can still play my account on PC which is 99% of my Fortnite playing anyhow.  I was looking forward to portable Fortnite on Switch, but no dice since I logged in to my account on PS4 a couple times and Sony doesn't play well with the other consoles. :/

12 hours ago, Slug said:

Yeah it does.  I'm primarily a PC player so it's no big deal since I can still play my account on PC which is 99% of my Fortnite playing anyhow.  I was looking forward to portable Fortnite on Switch, but no dice since I logged in to my account on PS4 a couple times and Sony doesn't play well with the other consoles. :/

But like....only with Fortnite, right? You can still do cross-platform play with other games, like Minecraft and Rocket League and all that, yeah? 

29 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

But like....only with Fortnite, right? You can still do cross-platform play with other games, like Minecraft and Rocket League and all that, yeah? 

No, Sony doesn't allow crossplay with other consoles pretty much at all. Only PC. 

1 hour ago, Slug said:

No, Sony doesn't allow crossplay with other consoles pretty much at all. Only PC. 

But I believe Fortnite is the only one that if you play with your PS4 you can't play another version crossplay. (well of course Rocket League doesn't have an account so it would be hard to limit :p )

5 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

But I believe Fortnite is the only one that if you play with your PS4 you can't play another version crossplay. (well of course Rocket League doesn't have an account so it would be hard to limit :p )

As far as I know, yeah. But fortunately it doesn't really affect me because I'm PC. The only consequence to me is that I lose out on portable Fortnite since I can't log in on Switch. I can still play with anyone on any platform because PC. 

10 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes we get it, you're special. :talkhand:

Although if you were playing on PC and wanted to play a friend on the PS4 and a friend on a switch at the same time you'd be affected by it because you couldn't play them both at once.

I am special. :P

And yeah..but that's the same for anyone right? 

1 hour ago, Slug said:

That is some high-ass level fucking bullshit and goddamnit why are people not outraged by this garbage?

Sony should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for this. Just humiliated. What a crock of shit. 

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

That is some high-ass level fucking bullshit and goddamnit why are people not outraged by this garbage?

Sony should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for this. Just humiliated. What a crock of shit. 

I'm infuriated by it. In protest, if I ever buy vbucks, I will do it on PC so Sony doesn't see a dime. 

The gyro aiming has increased my gunplay skills by a ton.  I've netted 4 wins in the last few hours of gameplay with basic weapons or green weapons.  I tend to run assault rifle, SMG and either a shotgun or some type of explosive,  something for health and something for shields.  

Game is just awesome. Best moment since the 5.0 patch for me was driving up a ramp someone was making, running him over and scoring a kill.

16 hours ago, AndrewDean84 said:

The gyro aiming has increased my gunplay skills by a ton.  I've netted 4 wins in the last few hours of gameplay with basic weapons or green weapons.  I tend to run assault rifle, SMG and either a shotgun or some type of explosive,  something for health and something for shields.  

Game is just awesome. Best moment since the 5.0 patch for me was driving up a ramp someone was making, running him over and scoring a kill.

Damn dude. 

I have 3 wins out of nearly 800 games.  And I only count one of those wins as legitimate. o_0

1 hour ago, AndrewDean84 said:

I got another 3 wins last night.

You'll have to teach me. Verticality is the devil.  I'm good until I either get above or below someone, then I'm garbage.  I can't keep track of my enemy's position.  As soon as I lose sight of them it's game over; I can never reacquire them and they ace me from above, below or behind.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

You'll have to teach me. Verticality is the devil.  I'm good until I either get above or below someone, then I'm garbage.  I can't keep track of my enemy's position.  As soon as I lose sight of them it's game over; I can never reacquire them and they ace me from above, below or behind.

Headphones are a must, you're playing on PC, which means the people there are using different strategies and have building structures macro'd, so I can't help you there.  With a controller though, you must go builder pro controls and learn to quickly wall yourself up, create ramps and floors to go vertical quickly.  I'm not on a professional level, not even close.  I still get out built, but it's all about doing what you know.  when building ramps, it's smart to double ramp, as well as add walls, as an extra line of defense to your ramp.  

Most importantly, you must learn when to shoot and when no to.  Not to mention, get comfortable with weapons.  

1 hour ago, AndrewDean84 said:

Headphones are a must, you're playing on PC, which means the people there are using different strategies and have building structures macro'd, so I can't help you there.  With a controller though, you must go builder pro controls and learn to quickly wall yourself up, create ramps and floors to go vertical quickly.  I'm not on a professional level, not even close.  I still get out built, but it's all about doing what you know.  when building ramps, it's smart to double ramp, as well as add walls, as an extra line of defense to your ramp.  

Most importantly, you must learn when to shoot and when no to.  Not to mention, get comfortable with weapons.  

OK, you're not the first to say builder pro controls are better, I keep seeing it everywhere. I checked them in the menu and didn't like the look of them at all, but I'm going to switch tonight - jump into 50v50 solo, drop in a nice quiet area and just build till I learn that control scheme. 

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Mo got to see first hand my awfulness yesterday. :P

Every console player I know has said that it takes some getting used to, but ultimately builder pro is faster and better for them.

Builder pro dedicated building items to a button, so no scrolling through the building hotbar.  Right trigger is wall, left trigger is ramp, left shoulder is pointer roof and the right shoulder is floor/ceiling.

Box yourself in with holding the right trigger and doing a 360, aim up and do another 360, jump and look down and pull the left trigger to create a ramp, rinse and repeat. 

I'm sure there are videos on YouTube to teach you builder pro controls as well.  Learning them felt like I was cheating. Kind of like gyro aiming.

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Fortnite Fridays?  D1P squad?  Being terribad all night for sweet Drift exp? WHo's down?

As someone who tried to organize MOBA Monday and it was shot down by every member of this community I will have to ensure your measure to make Fortnite Fridays a total failure. :devil:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

As someone who tried to organize MOBA Monday and it was shot down by every member of this community I will have to ensure your measure to make Fortnite Fridays a total failure. :devil:

There can only ever be TF2uesday

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

AD has performance anxiety :( 

Haha, nah, just not too experienced with Duos or Squad. The best I have been able to do is 2nd place in Duos, and I was able to get a win in Squads(running solo), but I pretty much lurked and let others kill each other.  I might have gotten like 2-3 kills that match.  The major difference with it and Solo is players are downed instead of killed, if they still have teammates alive.  I mainly play Solo where I win a lot of the 1v1 battles.  

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Fortnite Fridays?  D1P squad?  Being terribad all night for sweet Drift exp? WHo's down?

I'm down, the later the better.

42 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I need to try out this builder pro option. I am horrible at building. 

I made the switch last night - after a brief bit of pain it immediately made more sense. Really just need to practice it for a few minutes to see the advantage. 

13 hours ago, mo1518 said:

Just got my first solo victory! Damn that felt good! 

Woot!  Grats! 

It's Fortnite Friday!  Who's down for some shitty D1P Squad or Duo action?!  I should be on around 8:30-9. Maybe earlier.  If you see me on just join!

1 hour ago, Slug said:

Woot!  Grats! 

It's Fortnite Friday!  Who's down for some shitty D1P Squad or Duo action?!  I should be on around 8:30-9. Maybe earlier.  If you see me on just join!

I'm heading out with friends tonight, maybe I'll see you online over the weekend. 

v5.10 update was pushed out this morning!  Here's a summary of the patch notes affecting Battle Royale:

Birthday Event

• You can now find birthday cakes placed around the map with consumable slices next to them. Enjoy those tasty treats!
    • Cake slices give +5 health and +5 shield instantly when consumed.
  • Complete three birthday event challenges to unlock a new emote, spray, and Backbling.
  • The Battlebus and Supply Drops have been decorated to celebrate Fortnite's First Birthday

Playground Mode is Back

• Players can now switch teams in-game. Join the same team to work together creatively, join separate teams to practice fighting each other!
    • Note: Voice chat will remain on across all teams, future iterations of the mode will offer more customization. 
  • Aim assist will work when using a gamepad against players on an opposing team.
  • Matches will no longer end if one player leaves the server.
  • Golf carts have been added and spawn 100% of the time.
  • Ammo cans spawn 10x the amount of ammo.
  • Removed grey vending machines, increased the chances of higher-tier machines spawning.
  • Increased launch & bounce pads spawn likelihood.
  • Lowered forced glider deploy height, so players can get back into the action more quickly.
  • Increased max rocket ammo cap to 60.
  • Increased rocket ammo drop rates.
  • Added 100 Supply Drops.
  • Chests now spawn 3 weapons and more ammo & consumables than normal.
  • Floor loot now spawns 3 items.
  • Increased Chug Jug and Slurp Juice spawn chances, decreased Bandages.
  • Added Chug Jugs to floor loot.
  • Respawn timer lowered from 10s to 3s.

Weapons and Items

• Compact SMG added.
    • Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
      • 23-24 base damage.
    • Uses Light Ammo.
    • 50 round capacity.
    • Can be found from floor loot, chests, Supply Drops, and Vending Machines.
  • Slurp Juice now grants 1 health every 0.5 seconds, up to a total of 75. If health is full, shield will be granted instead.
  • Supply Drop loot rates adjusted.
    • Weapons (drops 1)
      • Assault Rifles to 25% from 14.2%.
      • Explosives to 25% from 28.5%.
      • Compact SMG 14.58%.
      • Sniper Rifles to 14.58% from 28.5%.
      • Heavy Shotgun to 10.42% from 7.1%.
      • Minigun to 10.42% from 14.2%.
      • Removed Hand Cannon, Dual Pistols, and Silenced Pistol.
    • Traps (drops 2)
      • Launch Pad to 44.44% from 9.6%.
      • Cozy Campfire to 33.33% from 7.5%.
      • Bouncer to 22.22% from 15%.
      • Removed Damage Traps.
    • Consumables (drops 2)
      • Shield Potion to 20% from 19.1%
      • Small Shield Potion to 17.50% from 12.7%
      • Med Kit to 13.75% from 6.3%
      • Slurp Juice to 11.25% from 5.11%
      • Clinger to 10% from 6.3%
      • Remote Explosives to 10% from 3.3%
      • Impulse Grenade to 10% from 4%
      • Chug Jug to 7.5% from 2.1%
      • Removed Boogie Bombs, Grenades, Bandages, Stink Bombs, Port-a-Forts, and Bush.
    • Materials (drops 2)
      • Wood to 33% from 47.6%.
      • Stone to 33% from 35.7%.
      • Metal to 33% from 16.6%.

Gameplay changes

• Changes to building materials.
    • Wood wall starting health to 80 from 100.
    • Stone wall starting health to 80 from 90.
    • Wood wall max health to 150 from 200. 
    • Metal wall max health to 500 from 400.
    • Metal build time to 25s from 20s.
  • Storm Circle changes.
    • Safezone 2 wait time to 120 from 150.
    • Safezone 2 shrink time to 120 from 90.
    • Safezone 4 wait time to 90 from 120.
    • Safezone 6 wait time to 60 from 90.
    • Safezone 7 wait time to 45 from 60.
    • Safezone 8 wait time to 30 from 60.
    • Safezone 9 wait time to 30 from 45.
    • Added moving circle to Safezone 6.
  • Added "Sprint By Default" option, when enabled this makes sprint the default movement. The sprint key will now be used to transition into walking.
  • Newly-placed building pieces will now appear in a different color while players are still overlapping the structure.
  • Improved handling of collision when building pieces are placed right on top of a player. It's much more likely for players to be moved outside of newly-placed structures.
  • Pickaxe damage against enemy and ally player built structures increased to 75 base damage and 150 critical damage.
  • The slow motion and confetti effects for a Victory Royale will now play for the winner regardless of how they win the game.
  • Changing the gyro motion of the Nintendo Switch to rotate around the roll instead of the yaw. 
    • This is intended to allow for the users to be able to hold the device in any situation and always have the motion react according to the screen direction instead of being in the Switch's world space.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed an issue causing bullets and projectiles to be blocked by invisible collision. 
    • This was being caused by player placed map markers
  • Autorun can now be used while in vehicles. Fixed a logic issue in the autorun canceling code. 
    • This should also fix autorun canceling when releasing the stick while using a gamepad.
  • Changed the button layout for Old School and Quick Builder configs so that the “change seat” action button is not the same as the “powerslide” button.
  • Sniper rifle bullets no longer incorrectly stop when passing through certain trigger volumes.
  • Eliminating players will now properly grant challenge progress.
    • If the same player knocks out and eliminates an enemy with two different weapons, they will get elimination quest progress for both weapons.
  • Players will no longer get stuck in the coasting state if they change seats while in a vehicle.
  • Pickaxes will no longer stretch and appear incorrectly if the slow-motion effect plays while players are riding in a vehicle.
  • Fixed an issue where a player would not have a weapon out if hitting a bounce pad into a jump pad under certain network conditions.
  • Players will no longer hold weapons while emoting if they’re riding in an All Terrain Kart.
  • Players will no longer fall through floor or pushed through walls when placing or editing structures.
  • Remote Explosives will now only show damage numbers when damage is done to players.
  • Vehicles can no longer be flipped while standing on top of them.
    • This fixes the issue where players would sometimes become stuck or teleported if standing on a vehicle that flipped.
  • Crouching is no longer allowed while emoting.
  • The Wave emote, emoticons, and sprays will now continue to play even if you’re moving.

Many more changes came with this including audio changes and bug fixes, UI updates, art and animation fixes, and improvements to replays and for mobile users, and a big update for Save the World players.

Full patch notes can be read at https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v5-10?sessionInvalidated=true

I just can't win.  :lol:  A dozen top 10's and a bunch of top 5's.  Even set my personal solo kill record in one match (9) and died in 2nd place.  I'm now well over 1,000 matches with only 1 win. :P

In other news, @GameDadGrant to accept my invite. :D

I loved PUGB but being I had to be on my main PC to play and it runs like crap on laptops and such I gave up and went to Fortnite, I hate the building so much but it got better over time..

then I tried Realm Royale and I like it so much  more than either and I hope people who play FN try it as I'm sure they will switch in a heartbeat once they do.