NYT: The 20 Best TV Dramas since "The Sopranos"

legend

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/arts/television/best-drama-series.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Pretty good list. While I do think there are plenty of valid criticisms against GoT, I think they should have included it in the main list. It's changed the discussion of TV shows too much to not be.

I also think Halt and Catch Fire should have made the full list, but I'm glad it made the "tough omissions" list.

However, the greatest sin of this article by a landslide is that there is absolutely no mention of Black Sails, perhaps the greatest TV drama ever.

ixxmnxcvjc2xlxiyvhqf

Seriously, if you haven't see Black Sails stop everything else and watch it.

• Thanks 1

The Wire is probably my favorite show of all time. 

Breaking Bad was fantastic.

I watched the first two seasons of Transparent, but most of the characters were so unlikable(except the delightful Judith Light), so I gave up and Jeffrey Tambor got himself fired and the show fizzled. 

And of course, I've seen Game of Thrones, though I'm surprised it didn't actually make the list. I have more mixed feelings on it, but the overall package is quite good.