Soda is stupid

I thank god everyday my son who is now 11 has never had a sip of soda. He drinks water and milk for the most part. He had a bought with juice boxes in the past but he has made it through that. He is skinny as a rail and I hope he stays like that. I quit drinking soda just over a year ago and the change in quality of life is amazing.

20 minutes ago, SilentWorld said:

Well popcorn is called popcorn because it’s corn that popped. But popsicles have that name because they are made from frozen soda POP. 

Uh, doesn't the pop part of popsicle come from lollipop?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_pop

Francis William "Frank" Epperson (11 August 1894, Willows, California – 22 October 1983, Fremont, California) of Oakland or San Francisco, California, (it is debated where) popularized ice pops after patenting the concept of "frozen ice on a stick" in 1923.

Epperson claimed to have first created an ice pop in 1905, at the age of 11, when he accidentally left a glass of powdered lemonade soda and water with a mixing stick in it on his porch during a cold night, a story still printed on the back of Popsicle treat boxes.

Epperson lived in Oakland and worked as a lemonade salesman.

In 1922, Epperson, a realtor with Realty Syndicate Company in Oakland, introduced the Popsicle at a fireman's ball. It was a sensation, at the age of 29, Epperson applied for a patent in 1923 for a "frozen ice on a stick" called the Epsicle ice pop, and by 1924, he had patented a handled, frozen confection or ice lollipop. He initially called it the Epsicle. Epperson debuted, and began selling Epsicles, in seven fruit flavors at Neptune Beach amusement park, described as a "frozen lollipop," or a "drink on a stick."

A couple of years later, Epperson sold the rights to the invention and the Popsicle brand to the Joe Lowe Company in New York City.

and

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lollipop

Most lollipops are eaten at room temperature, but "ice lollipops", "ice lollies", or "popsicles" are frozen water-based lollipops. Similar confections on a stick made of ice cream, often with a flavored coating, are usually not called by this name

• 4 weeks later...

I drink WAY too much diet Dr Pepper, and I know it. At times, I cut it out, and others, I think I'm keeping the whole Dr Pepper industry in business.

But I have an employee who works for me who eats a regular canister of Pringles and an extremely large Monster energy drink every morning. But it is helping my diet because every time I see him consuming that at 8:00 am, I throw up.

I used to drink soda like it was water.  Disgusting amounts of it.  It was primarily responsible for taking me north of 300lb at my heaviest.  Years ago I cut it completely out and lost a ton of weight.

Today I use soda as a rare treat.  Family stopping for ice cream or something?  Holiday dinner?  I'll skip the pie or ice cream and have a Dr Pepper as my dessert instead.