Soda is stupid

55 minutes ago, silentbob said:

As an employee of Pepsi I have nothing to say.

ok I love my Pepsi and drink it everyday and sometimes several times a day. I can’t drink the diet cause it just kills my stomach. I will admit I won’t go near an energy drink as they are discussing and same for beer. Can’t stand the taste of either

is pepsi okrrrrrrrrrr

Some of the replies here further show why soda is so bad:

- It gets paired with food that is already bad for you; and

- You can have as much as you want at basically any point in the day, whereas with something like beer or wine, social norms will generally limit when/how much you are drinking.

Soda is still stupid.

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Eh, moderation is the key. Enjoy an occasional soda, but it's not hard to not be stupid with it. I fucking love french fries and an ice cold Coke to go with them, but I exercise self control. Just use it as an occasional indulgence. 

Like I said, I'm not judging responsible indulgence; I just think we should tax the shit hard as fuck.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/sugary-drink-shockers-what-recent-report-says/3/

Blacks drink more sugary drinks than Mexican Americans or whites. Among non-Hispanic black children and adolescents, sugary drinks account for 8.5 percent of total calories consumed. That compares to 7.7 percent of young whites' daily calories and 7.4 percent of young Mexican Americans'. Among people age 20 and older, sugary drinks account for 8.6 percent of daily calories in blacks, 8.2 percent in Mexican Americans, and 5.3 percent in whites.

I cut soda out over 5 years ago. When I get a craving, I reach for unflavored carb water or just water. I drink 1-2 cups of black coffee in the morning and sometimes some unsweetened  tea later in the day, but I try to keep my caffeine low. 

Black coffee seems to be healthy as long as it isn’t too hot. There are too many studies adding up now, so I think it’s a good thing to drink a cup or two a day. 

I also think added sugar should be taxed. 

4 hours ago, Massdriver said:

I cut soda out over 5 years ago. When I get a craving, I reach for unflavored carb water or just water. I drink 1-2 cups of black coffee in the morning and sometimes some unsweetened  tea later in the day, but I try to keep my caffeine low. 

Black coffee seems to be healthy as long as it isn’t too hot. There are too many studies adding up now, so I think it’s a good thing to drink a cup or two a day. 

I also think added sugar should be taxed. 

Wtf is unflavored carb water. I gagged typing that.

14 hours ago, silentbob said:

As an employee of Pepsi I have nothing to say.

ok I love my Pepsi and drink it everyday and sometimes several times a day. I can’t drink the diet cause it just kills my stomach. I will admit I won’t go near an energy drink as they are discussing and same for beer. Can’t stand the taste of either

You’re gone die young sir.

41 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

I absolutely love Mt Dew Kickstart. I usually drink 1 per day. I get the smaller sized cans. It doesn't have any of that energy drink taste and my grocery store almost always has them 5 for $5. I just like the taste<3

0012000162470_A1L1_ItemMaster_default_la

60 calories

16g Carbs

15g sugar

68mg caffeine 

Soooooo good. Not too sweet because it's half sugar half sucralose.