Soda is stupid

I fucking love soda. I just get tired of drinking water all the damn time. I try to not drink any soda M-T and then over the weekend I drink about a 6 pack, about 2 or day or so. I can manage to drink water all day at work but when I'm home I really want a soda. So now I really have to work on cutting back.

What about juice? I usually avoid juice since it has just as much sugar and calories as soda does. Besides the calories, is that going to kill me too? They also have some damn good chocolate milk out here suprisingly and sometimes I'll have a weekend where I'll drink a glass or two of that instead of soda. But Chocolate milk probably has way too many calories in it, and I really need to lose weight. 

1 minute ago, Dodger said:

I fucking love soda. I just get tired of drinking water all the damn time. I try to not drink any soda M-T and then over the weekend I drink about a 6 pack, about 2 or day or so. I can manage to drink water all day at work but when I'm home I really want a soda. So now I really have to work on cutting back.

What about juice? I usually avoid juice since it has just as much sugar and calories as soda does. Besides the calories, is that going to kill me too? They also have some damn good chocolate milk out here suprisingly and sometimes I'll have a weekend where I'll drink a glass or two of that instead of soda. But Chocolate milk probably has way too many calories in it, and I really need to lose weight. 

Soda is far worst than real fruit juice.

12 minutes ago, legend said:

There are some good craft sodas out there. But I rarely drink it at this point. Most days I only have tea or water. Every once in a while a glass of wine.

Boylan's diet cola is sooooo good. Like it has a slight root beer flavor but not enough to make it gross (I hate root beer).

7 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

If someone gets excitement in life by drinking pop, then they should do more things.

But you can do many things while enjoying an ice cold soda :sun:

3 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Yeah I know it's bad for me, so are a lot of things.  But sorry, nothing beats an ice cold Coke with a burger and fries.

God knows I love to eat, and burgers are right up there. But man alive, I don’t understand how anyone post-puberty can eat a big burger and drink either a soda or a milkshake with it. I think I would die mid-attempt.

10 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

God knows I love to eat, and burgers are right up there. But man alive, I don’t understand how anyone post-puberty can eat a big burger and drink either a soda or a milkshake with it. I think I would die mid-attempt.

I won't guillotine this post because it would be too swift a death.

My first two high school-era jobs were a movie theater and a gas station, and at each one I would drink an absurd amount of Coke. Thinking of it now, it makes me sick. Especially at the gas station, where every day I would start my shift by filling up a 32 cup, then refill it 3-4 times over the course of my 8 hour shift, then get one for the road. Combined with the fast food I was eating almost every day, it’s not hard to see how I ballooned to over 320 pounds. I also fucked up my teeth pretty good. 

I made an effort to quit about 8 years ago. Switched to sweet tea, then unsweetened tea, then mostly coffee and water. I used to think water was boring, but now even if I’m eating and I could justify treating myself with a Coke, I’ll choose water instead. I actually prefer it. 

23 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

WTF are you supposed to drink when you have a big juicy burger and fries? 

16 minutes ago, Dodger said:

WTF are you supposed to drink when you have a big juicy burger and fries? 

Seltzer? Unsweetened ice tea? Water?

It’s not just the calories, since I drink diet soda on the rare occasions I drink a sweet, carbonated beverage. I just don’t think a super sweet beverage plays nicely with a savory burger. 

As an employee of Pepsi I have nothing to say.

ok I love my Pepsi and drink it everyday and sometimes several times a day. I can’t drink the diet cause it just kills my stomach. I will admit I won’t go near an energy drink as they are discussing and same for beer. Can’t stand the taste of either

first off its pop, not soda. :kiss:

Also I basically only drink one glass of juice like maybe 4 times a week, plenty of coffee and some beers on the weekends and maybe one or two on weekdays.  That's it.  I try god I try to drink water but borrrring.  As for pop, it has its place but that is so seldom.  Movies sure, a cold glass of coke with popcorn goes well.  But lately, I've gone to the movies with my dad so we either go out for lunch/dinner before or after so it's beer/wine with food and at the movies a coffee.  I've also just got a tall boy at the movies if evening with friends.

I don't drink that diet crap.  Since I barely drink pop I might as well get the traditional one.  Oh and if I'm feeling like a fatty I'll have gin and tonic or tequilla and soda with lime instead of beer.

I really like soda, but I've cut down on it drastically in the last decade. Drank it all the time as a kid, though that was when I was super skinny. Now, I almost never keep it around the house. I did buy a 12-pack of vanilla Coke(that's my favorite) for the Super Bowl and there's still 6 or 7 cans left. I drink it on a rare occasion I eat fast food and sometimes I drink when I go out to eat, because I'm not big on alcohol. It just depends. Sometimes I get a soda, sometimes I have unsweet tea, sometimes I just have water. 

I have a couple of really good Yeti water bottles and those go with me to work, so I drink water during the course of the day, whether at work or home. I sometimes add the caffeinated Mio to it, because I have a caffeine addiction I'll never give up. I drink a cup of black coffee on work days, generally not on my off days, unless I'm just in the mood for it. And I drink a small glass of juice with breakfast most days, though sometimes I'll just have water. I generally drink water with dinner at home, unless I decided to make a pitcher of unsweet tea that day.

The one area I really need to work on is cutting down soda at work. I don't go crazy, but sometimes when I'm busy and tired and running my ass off, a Coke or whatever sounds really good and I go buy one from the vending machine. I don't do it every night and I don't drink more than one, but I still hate myself for it later and I'm working on cutting that out completely. 

I've been working on diet and exercise overall and the weight is finally going down. That's motivation to keep it up.

Oh, yeah, and fuck energy drinks. Those things are nasty. 

26 minutes ago, silentbob said:

As an employee of Pepsi I have nothing to say.

ok I love my Pepsi and drink it everyday and sometimes several times a day. I can’t drink the diet cause it just kills my stomach. I will admit I won’t go near an energy drink as they are discussing and same for beer. Can’t stand the taste of either

oh shit we have Big Soda here

I'll have some from time to time. I used to drink a lot more (3 or 4  cans a day, largest size when with fast food in my teens and early 20s, then a can or 500-600ml bottle per day later on) and then cut back to almost never but I didn't really notice any difference when I cut back. So now I mostly avoid it but don't worry about it on the occasions I do indulge.

Back when I was going through lots of cans I'd fill up bags and after a few months my room mate at the time and I would return them to subsidize going out for Chinese.

Something to keep in mind about fruit juice, while it does have the advantage of containing vitamins, even unsweetened fruit juice often has more sugar than the equivalent volume of Coke.