Soda is stupid

On the heels of yet another example of how soda is terrible for you, I have to ask, who is actually drinking this shit? Are people actually drinking this garbage in the year 2019? Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of health zealot - I'm drinking a pint of beer as I type this - but at least the other 'bad' drinks (alcohol, coffee, fruit juices, etc.) have some ancillary benefits. Soda has nothing positive to contribute, it's just a 200-300 calorie sugar bomb. 

Drink more fucking water.

Just now, Jose said:

I mean this shit is subjective. I'm addicted to soda, but trying to curb it. But I'm not here trying to tell anyone they should drink some.

To be fair I'm literally drinking a pint of beer right now, so I'm not necessarily pontificating; I acknowledge that people should be able to make enjoyable choices at the expense of their health, and that it's possible to do so responsibly. But whenever I read articles like the one linked in the OP, I think about soda taxes and the anecdotes of people who are so hellbent on avoiding them that they'll cross county lines to buy multiple cases. If a soda tax is that financially burdensome, you drink way too much fucking soda, and the necessity of the tax is self-evident. 

Just now, CitizenVectron said:

I used to drink more when I was younger, but now it's only 0-calorie versions maybe once or twice a month. I basically drink only water, with a coffee once or twice a week.

Well that sounds boring as fuck. I'm also trying to curb my coffee addiction. Down to one a day.

Soda is awful for you. If you are a parent and let your kid drink it often, then you are parenting wrong. Kids are gonna want soda and will get it one way or another, but you should heavily limit their consumption as much a possible. 

Takes sip of Mello Yello.

I drink Diet Coke all the time, though less so in the last year once my wife bought me a nice reliable bottle for water. I’m sure nothing bad will come of it, and if it does then future me has to deal with it so whatevs.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

We should discuss ENERGY DRINKS. Now that is some pointless, unhealthy garbage.

It amazes me when people drink energy drinks because they don't like the taste of coffee. You mean to tell me you prefer the taste of sugary gasoline instead?

3 minutes ago, Jose said:

We should discuss ENERGY DRINKS. Now that is some pointless, unhealthy garbage.

Just now, Chris- said:

It amazes me when people drink energy drinks because they don't like the taste of coffee. You mean to tell me you prefer the taste of sugary gasoline instead?

I drink two of these a week

1222e27aa76d459fb75061a0bfa7f054.png

It tastes amazing. I literally don't care about the energy part. I just like the taste of it.