Share your worst first date experiences

Triage

On the way to work the radio station I listen to has this second date update call (where one doesn't hear back from their first date, they call to find out why and see if the radio can set them up for a second date which usually doesn't happen). 

This girl calls wondering why her first date never called her back after what she thought was an amazing date. They get him on the phone and he without knowing she's listening says that this girl has voodoo doll collection... 

She gets mad he doesn't respect her hobby of having voodoo dolls that she USUALLY uses for good... I completely get his reservations and then she at the end threatens him to better watch out :lol: 

Share your nightmare date experiences. I sadly don't have any since my ended in marriages :lol: 

My experiences are pretty tame overall, but the one that immediately jumped to mind was:

I spent an hour and a half or two hours having a nice conversation with this girl I met on Tinder and I was actually very excited to meet up with her again and see where things could go. It seemed we were compatible, she was smart, attractive, etc. 

When ending the date I asked her which direction she was heading and she told me more or less where she lived. It's normal here in Germany to have shared apartments (everyone has their own bedroom but you share a bathroom and kitchen) so I asked her if she lived in such an arrangement there. She said:

"No, I live in an apartment with my boyfriend." 

Turns out she was just looking to get some action on the side. She said her boyfriend knew about it and was OK with it, but personally I was not. No doubt some here would call that lame that I didn't want to just have meaningless sex, but I was looking for more of a relationship and didn't want to share. :p 

So overall it was only a bad first date because it turned out to be more or less a disappointing waste of time, but if that's the worst that happens to me, I guess I'm in good shape. :p 

Funnily enough I have a first date with a girl tomorrow, but we're just getting coffee. I'll report back if it takes the cake. :daydream:

When I was a youngin' and video stores were still a thing, this hot-ass girl worked at one by my house. After a few visits I put on my game face and was talking all sorts of shit in the right ways. She was all about it.  Get her number, im smooth AF on the phone too. We decide to go out for drinks. The place was 5 minutes from my house. 

So Im getting ready to meet her and my roommate was smoking a huge blunt. Without a second thought, I decided to partake. Well I got high AF. Like blown out, sink in a chair and dont move for 3hrs lit up. The kind of high where if you have good friends, they are making sure you can get the straw from your juice box in your mouth. The worst part is it all really hits me as I get to place. Its not like i was still home and couldve called it off beforehand. I was just getting into the place and hit and she was standing right there. 

I basically spent the next hour in a comma while she tried to stir up conversation. I couldn't muster up enough working brain cells to put one full coherent sentence together. So after like an hour she decides shes gonna split. I dont blame her. 

Never talked to her again. Too embarrassed to go to that video store again..so i had to hoof over to a shitty blockbuster after that. 

• Haha 2

I hooked up with this girl one night, she invites me back to her house and shortly before I walk in, I started feeling very off. I was trying to play it off and tried to hydrate thinking that might be the issue by asking for water. By the time she came back, one of the most vicious migraines I've ever had in my life had exploded in my head complete with nausea, seeing spots and everything. I was utterly incapacitated and ended up having to to just lay there on her couch in a fetal position.

Gladly, she was super cool about the whole thing and just let me "sleep" it off for an hour or so until I was able to get home. Everything was cool and we saw each other again but what a cockblock from hell.

Freshman year in highschool.  We were hitting it off in class from day one.  Everyone's introducing ouselves.  She says her name is Laura and with noticeable anger and frustration expresses to never call her Lara.  We end up talking, talking leads to flirting, and flirting leads to exchanging numbers.  She calls me the next day and we decide to go see Teaching Ms. Tingle at the Cinemark.  We each invite a close friend to help ensure things don't get awkward and to have someone there to vouch for us.  As we walk in the theater a sudden chill goes down my spine and sends shockwaves through my body as I realize it - "What is this girls name again?"

We talk through the entirety of the movie.  Old people who like bad movies are mad at us. As we're walking out of the theater I STILL can't remember her name so I continue using phrasing that helps me avoid having to say her name.  We grab a bite to eat and the entire time I'm hoping and praying I don't get called out on it.  I couldn't remember if her name was Laura, Lara, or Lauren.  I felt like a massive idiot, understandably.  Why is my shitty memory sabotaging me? How could it be so hard to remember someone's name?

The date ends, and I pulled it off.  We say our goodbyes at the theater and I'm cheering to myself in the car ride home. As I drift to sleep I have the most amazing, ecstatic dreams about going back to class monday to see her.  Daydreams of listening to her name during roll call.  Nailed it.  

The next morning (Sunday), as I wake up I suddenly remember it!  Her name is definitely Laura.  I get a phone call.  It's Laura.  I say, "Hi Laura, how are you?"  We talk for a couple of hours.  I ask if she would let me borrow her Blink 182 CD.  She says sure.  I say "Thanks Lauren" as a feeling of horror in reaction to the freudslip sends shockwaves through my body.  That was our first and last date (though we were still friends for several years afterwards).  

I've only ever been on two first dates. I don't remember the first one much at all and my first date with my husband went well, though we saw a shitty movie. Boogeyman, in 2005. 

Actually, I'm not sure what counted as the first date with my boyfriend in high school. Seemed like we kinda hung out here and there and eventually became official. 

On 3/19/2019 at 7:29 PM, Nokra said:

My experiences are pretty tame overall, but the one that immediately jumped to mind was:

I spent an hour and a half or two hours having a nice conversation with this girl I met on Tinder and I was actually very excited to meet up with her again and see where things could go. It seemed we were compatible, she was smart, attractive, etc. 

When ending the date I asked her which direction she was heading and she told me more or less where she lived. It's normal here in Germany to have shared apartments (everyone has their own bedroom but you share a bathroom and kitchen) so I asked her if she lived in such an arrangement there. She said:

"No, I live in an apartment with my boyfriend." 

Turns out she was just looking to get some action on the side. She said her boyfriend knew about it and was OK with it, but personally I was not. No doubt some here would call that lame that I didn't want to just have meaningless sex, but I was looking for more of a relationship and didn't want to share. :p 

So overall it was only a bad first date because it turned out to be more or less a disappointing waste of time, but if that's the worst that happens to me, I guess I'm in good shape. :p 

Funnily enough I have a first date with a girl tomorrow, but we're just getting coffee. I'll report back if it takes the cake. :daydream:

I had my date yesterday and it went well. We got coffee and then later an ice cream and sat in the sun and chatted for 2.5 hours. So my previous experience remains the crappiest one. :p

• 2 weeks later...

It's no longer a first date experience but I just had a fun one.

I was supposed to have lunch with the same girl from before and an hour before we were supposed to meet she says that she's going to go out for a long ride on her road bike because today the weather is nice and starting Wednesday it'll be crap. Boooo. 

so i’m fucking this girl in her asshole right and then all of the sudden her anus prolapses and i didn’t even know what that was since i was like 12 at the time and i’m like omg omg r u ok and she is like idk what what is happening then i get a mirror so she can see and she starts crying

• Haha 1

I'm trying to think through and I don't think I've had any first dates that went so poorly that they became memorable for being a shitshow. I've had a few instances of thinking the first date went well and then never hearing from the girl again when trying to set up a second date, but on the date itself it's usually just the routine stuff of being fatter than her profile pictures, not being able to carry her end of a conversation, etc. 

I did have sex on a first date where we'd spent a significant amount of time walking around before getting down to business...that smell was pretty bad. Like, the second her panties came off. But I hadn't gotten any in a while, so... 

My more ridiculous stories are about endings (is it really a breakup if you were only seeing each other for a few weeks or less?). 

18 hours ago, Nokra said:

It's no longer a first date experience but I just had a fun one.

I was supposed to have lunch with the same girl from before and an hour before we were supposed to meet she says that she's going to go out for a long ride on her road bike because today the weather is nice and starting Wednesday it'll be crap. Boooo. 

If I were in that situation, I'd definitely stop initiating contact, and probably wouldn't respond if she tried to initiate contact again. 

She was some Goth chick who worked at a supermarket so I asked her out while she cut my cheese

We met up at a bar with some of my friends which were mostly other women. We talked for a few hours and I asked her if she wanted to go to another bar that stays open later with my group. She went off on me about how I was trying to lure her away and how we were trying to force her....I literally asked twice because the first time she didn't answer me lol. 

I saw her a few months later at the same bar and she was engaged to some old guy 😂 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jason said:

I did have sex on a first date where we'd spent a significant amount of time walking around before getting down to business...that smell was pretty bad. Like, the second her panties came off. But I hadn't gotten any in a while, so... 

I was eating a tuna pizza when I read this. :lol: :sick:

14 hours ago, Jason said:

If I were in that situation, I'd definitely stop initiating contact, and probably wouldn't respond if she tried to initiate contact again. 

Yeah she asked me if I could meet the next day (today) and I said I had other plans, which was true, and she hasn't written again since. I have no intention of meeting her any more; it's one thing to ask if we can delay it, but to just tell me that she's going for a bike ride instead... fuck you very much, too! :silly:

3 hours ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Another time I met a girl off of Myspace who pictures didn't.....match...what I met in person. I still gave her the D anyways since sometimes you have to hit a few singles before you knock it out of the park. I blocked her when I got home. 

"Afterwards, I took this selfie ya'll:"

spacer.png

• Haha 2

The stupid saga was completed tonight -  she asked me yesterday evening whether I was having a good weekend and I hadn't responded yet, mostly because I was doing other shit. Apparently I was taking too long for her and she blocked me on WhatsApp and removed our match on Tinder. :daydream: Our instincts were correct, @Jason

The “I think you two will hit it off” date was my worst. My instincts said no but the person was so sincere that I said yes. The date basically consisted of her wearing this massive parka all night, me damaging my car, and zero conversation.  It was brutal.  I honestly felt like she was forced to be there and no matter what I tried, the atmosphere never improved. Next day the friend said she had a good time. I was dumbfounded and still have no clue what truly happened. 

20 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

The “I think you two will hit it off” date was my worst. My instincts said no but the person was so sincere that I said yes. The date basically consisted of her wearing this massive parka all night, me damaging my car, and zero conversation.  It was brutal.  I honestly felt like she was forced to be there and no matter what I tried, the atmosphere never improved. Next day the friend said she had a good time. I was dumbfounded and still have no clue what truly happened. 

I hate that kind of stuff, because you never know if they're being sincere and actually had a good time or they just said that they did because they think it's the right thing to say. 

I guess that there was no second date for you, eh? :p