Google gaming thingamajig reveal

JosephManderley

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

Why XBOX over PS2/GCN? Playstation over Saturn/N64? NES over Atari/Colecovision?

Every new console starts somewhere.

I mean, what does this offer that my PC doesn't? Or steam or whatever. 

Just now, bladimir2k said:

Onlive is turning in its grave right now..

20120828-13191662-onlive-stock-1024-IMG_

Lol

I bought the pack that came with that controller because I wanted a decent controller for my Android tablet, I think it was like $20 on sale. Really solid controller, but never purchased one of their streamable games. :p 

IIRC, OnLive’s real issue was that the tech wasn’t there yet. Streaming worked fine at Smartphone/tablet resolutions at the time, but (again, IIRC) they needed to have a PC running each game PER streamer. :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I literally don't understand. I wasn't being down on it in that post. Why and who wants it? Why this over everything else?

Maybe it’s too soon to answer some of those questions, and also the line of questioning with “why this over everything else,” is flawed since you don’t have to pick just one. 

But until we find out more I think it’s more appropriate to wait and see. The tone of your posts comes off as “who the hell wants THAT?’” Rather than a calm, genuinely curious, “who wants this?” 

Probably because the better way to ask what you say you’re asking is something like, “what sets this apart from what already exists?” 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

Maybe it’s too soon to answer some of those questions, and also the line of questioning with “why this over everything else,” is flawed since you don’t have to pick just one. 

But until we find out more I think it’s more appropriate to wait and see. The tone of your posts comes off as “who the hell wants THAT?’” Rather than a calm, genuinely curious, “who wants this?” 

Probably because the better way to ask what you say you’re asking is something like, “what sets this apart from what already exists?” 

The current best answer: some people like being watched :fap: 

16 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I’ll buy one because why not. Can’t be worse than buying the Vive and Rift at launch and never using them outside of the first month. 

Edit: Nevermind. There is no local hardware. @Mr.Vic20 lied above. Not my fault. 

Yeah, sorry all, got confused. #oldmanontheinternet

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I played in the beta and the primary issue was not latency of input, but rather muddy blurry low res images whenever the action picked up. From my limited experience, its no better than other streaming experience. 

yOu juST nE3D A BeTteR cOnnECTIoN nEwB!1!!1!!

1 minute ago, Spork3245 said:

And that was at 1080p, right? Was it 1080p 30fps or 1080p 60fps? Just imagine the 4k 60fps they're promising at launch... :lol: 

They claimed it was 1080p60 -- It sure didn't feel that way.

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I played in the beta and the primary issue was not latency of input, but rather muddy blurry low res images whenever the action picked up. From my limited experience, its no better than other streaming experience. 

I have never really used too many game streaming services.  But, I would agree about it being blurry.  I also found it to be very "jerky".