Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 (Fall 2024) - Information Thread, update: "Extended Gameplay Reveal" video

Commissar SFLUFAN

3 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

This appears to be somewhat more "significant" than merely the usual development delay -- it really does seem like Paradox looked at the condition of the game and decided that actual structural changes were in order:

My initial suspicions were correct. Not enough DLC!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Paradox Interactive and Hardsuit Labs have some important updates to share today. We recently shared that we were making some organizational changes to the Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 team, as promised, we will now give an update on what that means.

Lead Narrative Designer Brian Mitsoda and Creative Director Ka’ai Cluney are no longer part of the team at Hardsuit Labs. This was a joint decision made by the leadership of Hardsuit Labs and Paradox Interactive.

We appreciate, and value, the contributions of Brian and Ka’ai, which were instrumental in establishing the game's storyline and dark tone and have helped to ensure that we are making a true successor to the iconic Bloodlines. We wish them both the best in their future endeavors.

With that, we are excited to announce that Alexandre Mandryka has come aboard as Creative Consultant, filling the Creative Director role for Bloodlines 2, and will help us in the final stages of development. Alexandre is committed to following the vision that is in place, and successfully bringing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 to the fans.

Alexandre has been in the industry for more than 20 years and has worked on iconic franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Warhammer 40,000, Far Cry, and more. With a long history of shipping excellent franchises, we are excited with what Alexandre brings to the game and the World of Darkness.

These changes to the team are focused on one thing: to bring you the best possible Vampire: The Masquerade game. We will share further updates as they occur.

We thank you all for understanding

Website

no wonder it is delayed indefinitely 2021

Brian Mitsoda -- who was essentially the "face" of this franchise as he was the lead writer for the first game -- emailed this statement about his dismissal to Rock, Paper, Shotgun:

“Until recently, I was the Narrative Lead on a videogame called Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 for Hardsuit Labs, Inc being published by Paradox Interactive (which owns 30% of Hardsuit Labs). After almost five years involvement with the studio, I was suddenly terminated on 7/16/20.

That this came as a shock to me is underselling it. I’ve worked on Bloodlines 2 for almost five years. The story and main cast was initially conceived in my living room. I helped develop the pitch for Hardsuit Labs and helped pitch the project to Paradox in Las Vegas. I’ve been in charge of the narrative since the beginning, working long days and sometimes weekends to deliver a successor to Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, and I’ve never been led to believe that I hadn’t succeeded.

Very obviously, I have also been involved in the PR and marketing side of things, even though it was one of the most difficult parts for me. I’m a pretty private person – press and crowds tend to heavily trigger my social anxiety (which, if you’ve ever wondered about the gloves, they are “armor” that make me feel less exposed in situations that trigger my anxiety).

Bloodlines and the fandom of the game mean the world to me. So I lent my legacy with the franchise, my name, and my participation in marketing efforts for the game, even when it was intensely difficult and took a mental and physical toll. This is all because I wanted to do what was best for the game and the team.

The pride in the work, the fan expectations, and the support from co-workers who started out as fans kept me going through this long five years. And I’m incredibly disappointed and frustrated to say that this is where it ends for me on the project.

I was not part of the conversations that led to the decision to delay production, and to my knowledge, there were no delays caused by the Bloodlines 2 narrative development. I am confident and proud of the work that I and my team put forward. When that work will be seen and what form it will take is unknown to me.

It was a pleasure to work on this game and with many people at Hardsuit Labs and Paradox and I’m sorry I won’t be able to see it to the end. I spent years on some of the best characters and dialogue that I ever wrote. It’s meant a lot to hear from the Bloodlines community and I do hope that what’s finally delivered is as satisfying as I intended it to be. Thanks to all of you who supported me throughout the project.”

• 1 month later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2: Information Thread, update: Senior Narrative Designer has left the project
2 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

This game is toast:

FprvxidGVpZe4yx8ETGMSf-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Paradox Interactive confirmed that Ellison is no longer with developer Hardsuit Labs.

On 8/11/2020 at 4:36 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

... they should just release it now and make the fans patch complete development of the game. :p

So... same thing!

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2: Information Thread, update: multiple new hires for narrative/content positions announced
2 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

I think it's safe to say that they're "rebooting" the game.

You have one person moving over from a company that already knew the state of the game and two people downplaying their involvement in it I think it's fine.

11 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

You have one person moving over from a company that already knew the state of the game and two people downplaying their involvement in it I think it's fine.

Well, I hardly think they'd publicly say "Oh yeah - this game is a totally raging dumpster fire that we've been brought in to try to extinguish!" :p

maxresdefault-6-1604314909721.jpg?width=
WWW.IGN.COM

Sharkmob's first AAA multiplayer project is a battle royale game set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe.

I realize its probably a different team/project, but made me laugh regardless.  I have no idea how these games play, but didn't seem like the type for a BR.

On 10/26/2020 at 11:22 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Well, I hardly think they'd publicly say "Oh yeah - this game is a totally raging dumpster fire that we've been brought in to try to extinguish!" :p

I'm less worried about the shape of this game than I am anything Blizzard is working on and Halo Infinite. This is probably just refinement to the store they have to do after the Chris Avellone debacle. Also with covid and I'm sure the desire to not ship a buggy mess like the original they are being extra careful.

17 hours ago, JPDunks4 said:
maxresdefault-6-1604314909721.jpg?width=
WWW.IGN.COM

Sharkmob's first AAA multiplayer project is a battle royale game set in the Vampire: The Masquerade universe.

I realize its probably a different team/project, but made me laugh regardless.  I have no idea how these games play, but didn't seem like the type for a BR.

FFS can BR games just die already?

I really hate the trend that every single studio is trying to put out a BR game. I get it, Fortnite, Apex, COD were/are huge and even niche titles like Fall Guys saw brief success the format is garbage, you have 1 winner and 98 losers. If they're going to continue to push BR's they need to have some type of matchmaking system because you either play a lobby full of people trying to game on their ipod nano or you get a bunch of sweaty tryhards desperately clinging to the hopes of getting you to tune into their twitch channel.

2 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

I really hate the trend that every single studio is trying to put out a BR game. I get it, Fortnite, Apex, COD were/are huge and even niche titles like Fall Guys saw brief success the format is garbage, you have 1 winner and 98 losers. If they're going to continue to push BR's they need to have some type of matchmaking system because you either play a lobby full of people trying to game on their ipod nano or you get a bunch of sweaty tryhards desperately clinging to the hopes of getting you to tune into their twitch channel.

Just about every BR has SBMM now in all main game modes.

I love BRs.

3 hours ago, thedarkstark said:

What about Alcatraz?

• 3 months later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2: Information Thread, update: Paradox announces no 2021 release, Hardsuit Labs removed as developer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2: Information Thread, update: Paradox announces "indefinite" delay and removal of Hardsuit Labs as developer
59 minutes ago, DPCyric said:

Yeah I seen that on era earlier and thought about calling myself out on that but sitting in the hospital with a broken hip I thought "nah, I will let someone else call me out" :p

Your broken hip gets no sympathy for your bad call on this game! 

Spoiler

Hope you’re okay :hug:

On 11/3/2020 at 1:12 AM, DPCyric said:

I'm less worried about the shape of this game than I am anything Blizzard is working on and Halo Infinite. This is probably just refinement to the store they have to do after the Chris Avellone debacle. Also with covid and I'm sure the desire to not ship a buggy mess like the original they are being extra careful.

I do not get why people are so concerned about Blizzard. They made one bad remake. Every other game they've put out for two decades has been fantastic.

Sorry to hear about your hip! Hope you're doing ok and the drugs are good.