Fox News Pulled Jeanine Pirro’s Show After Her Islamophobic Comments. Trump Wants It Back On.

Just now, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

She's a Muslim, so of course she believes in some concept of Sharia. That's not the point, though. She's never advocated for it influencing US law. As far as I can tell, she's not indicated she believes in anything other than separation of church and state. Which is all that really matters, no matter what someone personally believes. 

That’s what I was looking for. Thanks 

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

I agree, but I also believe that those views should not be above criticism.  

No view should be above criticism. 

Thats a problem with both sides. If you criticise the crazy views of the right, you are the devil. And if you question the views of the left they automatically start calling you Alt-right. The idea that this is a war and you have to agree with everything your side says is completely against American values. 

The only things I really agree with the right on are free speech, the 2nd ammendment (and even then, we need to keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill), and the American model of conservation and land ownership. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I haven't seen anything indicating Rep. Omar believes in implementing Sharia Law in our nation. 

18 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

Nor have I, but just curious if she follows/agrees with it.  I dont know, which is why I ask.  

I know what Sharia (no need for “law”) is, but thanks for posting that. 

Just now, Boyle5150 said:

If you see something different here, please inform me.  

I asked a question that was a little more specific than “does she want it implemented in the US”.  That is all.  Thanks for answering with what you know. 

Shouldn't all that matters be what she does as a lawmaker? Do you ask a similar question for every person in Congress? I haven't seen you ask whether Pramila Jayapal believes in a caste system or whether Derek Kilmer follows biblical law in his personal life.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Shouldn't all that matters be what she does as a lawmaker? Do you ask a similar question for every person in Congress? I haven't seen you ask whether Pramila Jayapal believes in a caste system or whether Derek Kilmer follows biblical law in his personal life.

Not at all, but just because you don’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not happened.  Seriously, this is one of the biggest problems currently, which is ascribing motives to others without knowing their intentions.  I might know about one thing and not another, which is why a question is asked.  Jfc 

1 minute ago, Boyle5150 said:

Not at all, but just because you don’t see something doesn’t mean it’s not happened.  Seriously, this is one of the biggest problems currently, which is ascribing motives to others without knowing their intentions.  I might know about one thing and not another, which is why a question is asked.  Jfc 

And your question was answered. 

You just really seem intent on asking these questions regarding Muslims. 

Who gives a shit if Omar follows a set of beliefs in regards to her personal conduct? Every religious person does. She doesn't advocate forcing it on others and that's what matters at the end of the day as a lawmaker.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Thanks for that link. I'm sure every practicing Muslim adheres to at least some Sharia. But the idea of it taking precedence over US law in the courts is laughable.

1 hour ago, Boyle5150 said:

Btw, Sharia as well as Christian morality/law have many areas of immoral structures and should be criticized as such.  

These are both correct. Most Muslims probably follow some Sharia in the same way that most Christians probably follow some biblical rules. That's not necessarily because they follow it for religious reasons. I am an atheist and I follow some religious rules as well regarding murder, etc. At the same time, both Islamic and Christian rule-sets have some pretty awful stuff, and should be equally criticized. The only laws should be secular ones designed to make the lives of people safer and more fair. 

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

He hates Shep because Shep is one of the few on Fox to openly criticize him. 

Like, at this point, I don't care what rules of Sharia Law Omar follows when the President of the United States is a guy who openly defended white supremacists and neo-Nazis after Charlottesville.

17 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

He hates Shep because Shep is one of the few on Fox to openly criticize him. 

And today was the moment people (if they hadn’t already) realized Trump and Republicans don’t actually like Fox News. They like Hannity, Tucker, Ingraham, Pirro, and Fox & Friends.

I find it interesting that the question regarding Sharia Law is similar to the one Kennedy had surrounding him--whether he would be subservient to the direction of the Pope. 

I think what it boils down to is that most people in this country are warped into being paranoid because we have such a bubble in our generally protestant Christian power structure. 

(Staggering, revelatory analysis, I know)

15 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I find it interesting that the question regarding Sharia Law is similar to the one Kennedy had surrounding him--whether he would be subservient to the direction of the Pope. 

I think what it boils down to is that most people in this country are warped into being paranoid because we have such a bubble in our generally protestant Christian power structure. 

White ppl amirite

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

So, let's talk more about that bitch Jeanine getting knocked off the air.

Trump is so mad he's now attacking guys like Shepard Smith.

Because he’s a fucking lunatic!  The absolute most ignorant president we’ve ever had, by far.   

3 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Like, at this point, I don't care what rules of Sharia Law Omar follows when the President of the United States is a guy who openly defended white supremacists and neo-Nazis after Charlottesville.

This type of thinking is equally nefarious. 

2 hours ago, CayceG said:

I don’t disagree with this, but rather look at it from the eyes of those whom are most hypocritical, especially coming from those whom adhere and conform to religious doctrine or dogma in any and all forms.  

12 hours ago, Boyle5150 said:

Because he’s a fucking lunatic!  The absolute most ignorant president we’ve ever had, by far.   

This type of thinking is equally nefarious. 

Talk to me when Omar passes legislation that bans pork and gays.

21 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Judging politicians on what they actually do (i.e. policy positions and proposals and voting record) over what they say (talking points, misspoke, etc.)? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT LOGIC. 

I agree, where did I judge otherwise?

10 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I agree, where did I judge otherwise?

My post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just making a general joke based on the post I quoted that most people care more about the "seems like someone I could have a beer with" mentality than what someone has actually done. I'm staying out of whatever else is being discussed here. :p