Fox News Pulled Jeanine Pirro’s Show After Her Islamophobic Comments. Trump Wants It Back On.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/03/fox-news-pulled-jeanine-pirros-show-after-her-islamophobic-comments-trump-wants-it-back-on/

Pirro drew controversy last week after she suggested on the show that Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) believed in Sharia law because she wore hijab, and that her beliefs put her at odds with the Constitution. Fox News condemned Pirro’s remarks, noting in a statement that her views “do not reflect those of the network.” On Saturday night, it re-ran an episode of a documentary series instead. The network has not commented on whether the show will air again next week. CNN reported Sunday morning that Pirro has been suspended, citing an anonymous source. 

I wonder if Disney buying Fox News has anything to do with this or if it will be the cause of any sort of change.  As much as I'm sure Disney execs are died in the wool conservatives, I imagine they're also far, far more interested in raking in currency by the metric ton.  Fox News has way fewer brands and audiences to isolate than Disney does.  

I really doubt it, but I in a world where I need to live with an absurd megacorp controlling something like 80% of entertainment media, I'd at least like the house of mouse to quietly but firmly shows these nutjobs the door.

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

I wonder if Disney buying Fox News has anything to do with this or if it will be the cause of any sort of change.  As much as I'm sure Disney execs are died in the wool conservatives, I imagine they're also far, far more interested in raking in currency by the metric ton.  Fox News has way fewer brands and audiences to isolate than Disney does.  

I really doubt it, but I in a world where I need to live with an absurd megacorp controlling something like 80% of entertainment media, I'd at least like the house of mouse to quietly but firmly shows these nutjobs the door.

My understanding is Disney explicitly did NOT buy Fox News. 

3 minutes ago, LazyPiranha said:

Fox News is not part of the Disney merger.

2 minutes ago, Boyle5150 said:

I know almost nothing about Omar... does she actually believe, or rather support, Sharia?  

Also, Pirro is a crazy idiot.  

Even if Omar actually hates Jews it's been swamped by the fact that she dares oppose AIPAC. 

1 hour ago, LazyPiranha said:

Ah, my bad, I could have sworn it was going to be a part.  Never mind then, our nightmare hellscape continues.

No worries, one of the minor Trump stories that got swept under the rug was him panicking over the merger and calling Murdoch over it.

4 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I haven't seen anything indicating Rep. Omar believes in implementing Sharia Law in our nation. 

Nor have I, but just curious if she follows/agrees with it.  I dont know, which is why I ask.  

4 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

I know what Sharia (no need for “law”) is, but thanks for posting that. 

2 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Thanks for that link. I'm sure every practicing Muslim adheres to at least some Sharia. But the idea of it taking precedence over US law in the courts is laughable.

I agree, but I also believe that those views should not be above criticism.  

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I criticize pretty much all religion. :shrug: 

But let's be real. Christianity is a far greater threat to our legal system than Sharia ever will be. Out laws are continuously being influenced with Christian garbage.

Absofuckinglutely.  

However, I still won’t give other religions a free pass 

1 minute ago, Boyle5150 said:

Which is why I asked if she believed in Sharia, something many people simply dismissed, and what I wanted to know. 

She's a Muslim, so of course she believes in some concept of Sharia. That's not the point, though. She's never advocated for it influencing US law. As far as I can tell, she's not indicated she believes in anything other than separation of church and state. Which is all that really matters, no matter what someone personally believes.