Update: Round 1 of Wade's Physical Books Library Giveaway (LAST CALL!)

I posted this in the reading thread, but I figured a separate thread wouldn't hurt.

In an effort to "de-clutter" my life (and by extension elevate my mood), I've decided to shed practically all of my library of physical books.  I've posted pictures of the first round below, so if you see something that you're interested in, let me know so I can set it aside for you.  All you have to cover is shipping/postage costs and PM me your address.

I'm away on a business trip this upcoming week so I'll start sending when I return.

IMG_20190316_141535.jpg

IMG_20190316_141638.jpg

12 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

Wow, I wouldn't have the willpower to get rid of all my physical books (have well over 1K). but you are so right, they take up a ton of room. 

It's really not a matter of the room they take up per se, but it's that they have become kinda symbolic of the "clutter" that's in my mind and is contributing to my current mental state.  In order to start getting my mind right, it's necessary to "clear" them physically!

55 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

It's really not a matter of the room they take up per se, but it's that they have become kinda symbolic of the "clutter" that's in my mind and is contributing to my current mental state.  In order to start getting my mind right, it's necessary to "clear" them physically!

You've been watching the Japanese lady on Netflix

5 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

ah, gotcha 

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

Well that's just stupid because practically nothing has "sparked joy" in my life for years.

I can relate

On 3/16/2019 at 4:25 PM, johnny said:

I’d love history of the ancient and medieval world plus Fateful Choices if that is ok 

The History of the Ancient World is probably my favorite overview of that time period. If you've read/studied different specific periods in the ancient world it's really helpful to read a book like Bauer's that places them all in relation to one another(or, alternatively, it's a nice way to get ideas about subjects you might want to dive deeper into). And she tends to make even dry subjects pretty fun to read about.