New Zealand police respond to 'active shooter' situation in Christchurch

45 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Nope, NZ's gun laws are more comparable to the US than most of Europe/Australia, all they had was high capacity magazine bans.

I would say they are more comparable to Canada's gun laws than the US's.  

Shit, in some ways Canada's gun laws are better than America's from a gun owners perspective.

• Like 1
  • Guillotine 1

"Until today, I was one of the New Zealanders who owned a semiautomatic rifle," one gun owner, farmer John Hart, wrote on Twitter. "On the farm they are a useful tool in some circumstances, but my convenience doesn't outweigh the risk of misuse.”

How is this not The Onion?

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 11:22 AM, mclumber1 said:

I would say they are more comparable to Canada's gun laws than the US's.  

Shit, in some ways Canada's gun laws are better than America's from a gun owners perspective.

Then please America.  Please replicate our guns laws.  Please, the world implores you

7 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

You mean people being reasonable for the good of society? Might be a British Commonwealth thing. 

Except that not one of these people who are giving up their guns were going to commit a gun crime anyway, so it’s a useless gesture.

The problem is mental health and illegal weapons in the hands of criminals. My AR-15 is no more threat to you than my bolt action rifles are. 

FFS, I’m glad we have a 2nd, so every tragedy can’t be used as a political tool to disarm law abiding citizens. 

Lets enforce proper storage, and allow psychiatric doctors to suspend gun rights of the mentally ill. Let’s prosecute owners who don’t store their weapons in a way their children can’t get at them. Let’s improve background checks.

Those things work. But taking the guns of law abiding citizens will change nothing.