New Zealand police respond to 'active shooter' situation in Christchurch

What is there to even say.

Nothing's going to fucking change. Guns will continue to be sold, legally and illegally, unabated in their current forms. People will continue to shit talk Islam and Muslims. People will continue to be racist.

And conservatives will continue to spread hate to "own the libs" even when it hurts themselves. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13378108

2 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

At this point, I'm just about ready to throw in my lot with the Far Left.

I mean, look .. At this point you're either down with right wing white herrenvolk democracy bouyed by racist, xenophobic, and misogynistic violence or you vote Democratic.  The tent will be too big to be sustainable forever but either well meaning democrats debate and pass policy among themselves or Republicans fuck the globe and everyone else along with it as it all burns to the ground at our feet. 

There's plenty of room in the Democratic party for ostensible "conservatives." Because the real thing that unites the party is a desire for a leadership that doesn't need the gop anymore. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

What is there to even say.

Nothing's going to fucking change. Guns will continue to be sold, legally and illegally, unabated in their current forms. People will continue to shit talk Islam and Muslims. People will continue to be racist.

And conservatives will continue to spread hate to "own the libs" even when it hurts themselves. 

tenor.gif?itemid=13378108

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

OMG governments that can solve the problems they face. 

I mean, she lists the times in recent history they didn’t change despite discussion. But this is the sort of thing where nations with reasonable people come together and make change happen, so who knows.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I mean, she lists the times in recent history they didn’t change despite discussion. But this is the sort of thing where nations with reasonable people come together and make change happen, so who knows.

It will be interesting to see what is proposed, and if that proposal would have had any bearing on yesterday's attack.  

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:

I haven't seen the video.  But the fact that part of me wants to scares the shit out of me.

They've been showing bits and pieces of it on the news, not anything of killing but of him driving and shooting, seems terrifying enough.

Imagine having to be the guy editing all of that. :(

• Sad 1

My heart is broken again with the reminder that such hate, ignorance, and evil exists in the world.

Part of me wants to believe that we live in an age where access to information and education can bring about peace and enlightenment.  The other half recognizes the cyclical, destructive nature of humanity and the immense injustices that have been perpetrated again and again.  Hope and beauty will always continue to exist, but it's difficult not to be cynical about the long arc of humanity, which continues to curve closer and closer to complete darkness.

40 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Same reason people slow down on the highway to get a good look at car accidents. 

Sometimes people want to see something fucked up. 

Atleast marioandsonic watching the video wont make me late for work. 

I see enough death and gore as part of my job. I don't need to watch something like this. 

Something just seems fucked up about a person actually wanting to seek out a video of actual humans being gunned down. 

14 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I see enough death and gore as part of my job. I don't need to watch something like this. 

Something just seems fucked up about a person actually wanting to seek out a video of actual humans being gunned down. 

Some people are just curious I guess.